As a Flight Attendant working for Compass Airlines, it is the responsibility of each cabin crew to work as an individual or as a team player when assisting in carrying out all in-flight safety procedures while providing excellent customer service and attending to the cabin preparation duties for each traveller. It is also expected that open communication and cooperation is exercised within the flight and ground crews.
Each flight attendant is expected to epitomize the core values of Compass Airlines. At the same time, each one is expected to conduct themselves with integrity and enthusiasm as they carry out their roles. Being professional and putting the custom’s welfare first hand is what is expected on each flight attendant in their aim to strive operational excellence.
Compass Airlines has set the following requirements for those who wish to become a part of the company as a Flight Attendant.
Compass Airlines Cabin Crew Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Minimum height of 5’2″ (without shoes).
- Can work legally in the United States (a US citizen, a lawful permanent resident, or an alien authorized to work in the US)
- Have a valid United States or foreign passport with applicable VISAs. Can travel freely in and out of the US, to and from all cities served by Compass Airlines without restriction. The passport must include legal name.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Agrees to take and successfully pass a mandatory pre-employment drug screen, and must be willing to submit to random drug/alcohol testing
- One year previous flight attendant experience preferred.
- Two years direct customer service experience preferred.
- Agrees to a 10-year background history check, which the Compass Airlines will confirm
- Needs to successfully complete Inflight Training.
- Will be required to do everything to make sure that each customer’s needs are always considered.
- Willing to endure outdoor exposure to weather.
- Agrees to do extensive business travel by air (more than six flights per year).
- Have 20/40 correctable vision in each eye.
- Willing to relocate to assigned domicile.
- Have a reliable mode of transportation to and from the airport.
- Uses PC skills daily in order to perform duties. These include Microsoft Outlook for mail.
- Comfortable serving alcohol.
- Willing to work on an on-call basis with little notice.
- Agrees to work on shifting work schedules.
- Agrees to stand or walk during work.
- Have the ability to work days, nights, holidays, weekends and extended hours away from home.
- On-Call during normal off time (pager or beeper).
- Able to comply with Compass Airlines’ attendance standards.
- Have the ability to push/pull/lift objects weighing up to 40 lbs and be able to push, pull, or move a beverage cart (approximately 250 lbs.) and open 200 + beverages.
- Have the physical strength to reach and operate all emergency equipment and exits.
- Can demonstrate ability to work in aircraft aisles and galleys, standing, reaching (extended in front and to the side of the body and above the head), walking, bending, twisting, kneeling, working in a cramped or awkward positions, squatting, and sitting for extended periods.
- Body size cannot exceed specific aircraft dimensions with height and weight proportionate to maintain a professional look
- Can walk and fit comfortably down the aircraft aisle, fit quickly through any exit, and fit in to the jump seat and harness without any modifications.
- Have ability to hear and respond to customer and crew communications when placed in situations with high background noise.
- Have ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English both written and verbally.
- Have the ability to read and comprehend verbal and written instructions and procedures.
- Can effectively gauge the professional needs of customers and relay information in a professional yet friendly manner.
- Should be comfortable with public speaking and addressing a large group of people.
- Prefers bilingual capabilities (particularly French and/or Spanish).
- Able to perform basic mathematical calculations regarding sales transactions, providing correct change and accounting for handling cash sales proceeds in a distracting environment.
- Able to ensure compliance with federal regulations.
- Assists passengers with carry-on items.
- Have the ability to use common sense when understanding and dealing with the flying public. Able to deal with various emotions, frustrations and unusual behavior. Able to deal with these unusual situations with diplomacy and in a professional manner.
- Provide high quality in-flight (beverage, meal, and other customer needs) service, consistent with Compass Airlines’ standards, to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Have the ability to comprehend and retain information pertinent to the position.
- Must be aware of, and able to recognize and respond to, a variety of emergency situations, including medical emergencies and security-related situations.
- Can act as an accurate and courteous source of information for passengers, taking immediate steps to initiate service recovery when needed.
- Able to provide customers with safety information to ensure on-board safety compliance with government and Compass Airlines regulations.
- Can respond to and lead during emergency situations and/or in handling disruptive customers.
- Able to continuously monitor all safety conditions and emergency equipment of the aircraft while on the ground and in flight.
- Provides leadership, direction, and assistance during an emergency, including aircraft evacuation, administering first aid to ill or incapacitated customers, and unusual incidents.
- Able to provide customer service to passengers by performing or assisting in the performance of all safety, passenger service, and cabin preparation duties.
- Able to read and interpret service and emergency instructions and communicates information to customers and crew.
- Able to operate mechanical equipment and safety equipment, which includes stairs, oxygen systems, aircraft doors (pushing and pulling), evacuation slides/rafts, fire extinguishers, galley equipment, communications equipment, and lighting systems.
- Other duties not mentioned on this list may be assigned by Compass Airlines from time to time.