WestJet Airlines is one of the biggest airline company in Canada. They are known to be a low-cost carrier in North America and provides scheduled and chartered flights to more than 91 destinations in Canada, US, Europe, Mexico, Central America and the Carribean.
This North American airline company is looking to fill in a number of positions and if you are interested to know the job requirements you need to consider to be eligible to apply as a Flight or Cabin Crew with WestJet, please see the list below.
WestJet Cabin Crew Job Requirements (Qualifications)
- Advanced level of spoken English and an additional language stated in the job events listing
- High school diploma; Post-secondary education is an asset
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a customer service oriented job
- Minimum of 2 years sales experience
- Must be able to solve problems and make quick decisions in the interest of crew and guests
- Must be comfortable working in confined spaces
- Must be flexible and able to work a varied schedule
- Intermediate skill level with computers
- Post secondary education is an asset
Basic Employment Requirements:
- At least 19 years of age
- Has excellent written and oral communication skills with knowledge on communication an additional language stated on every job event listing
- Holder of a valid passport; where a Canadian Passport is not held, a Canadian Permanent Resident card (accompanied with all individual Visas necessary to enable you to perform the duties of a Flight Attendant wherever WestJet operates) is required
- Must be able to reach 183 cm or 72 inches flat-footed without shoes (emergency equipment requirement)
- Height must be less than 6’2” (including footwear with a 2 inch heel maximum)
- Needs to obtain and maintain an Airport Restricted Area Pass (requires a 5-year traceable history, a clear criminal record and a Canadian citizenship or Permanent Resident Card)
- Can lift 50 pounds from floor to waist and 22 pounds overhead
- Successfully complete a 5-week full-time initial training program as well as recurring annual training; both of which are held in Calgary
- Must pass a WestJet pre-employment medical
- Willing to travel away from home for up to 6 consecutive days (overnights are required)
- Ready and willing to work 24h/7d/365y; must be able to work any hour of the day, and any day of the week or year
- Must be available for reserve shifts. When on call for reserve, Flight Attendants must be contactable and able to report to work within 2 hours of the request being made. Reserve is scheduled in blocks of 5 consecutive reserve days
- Must be able to adhere to strict uniform standards
- A clear criminal background check is required
- Must complete a first aid course prior to initial training. The will cost be approximately $170.00 plus GST
- Functional capabilities must meet the essential functions of Flight Attendant job
WestJet Airlines are recruiting Bilingual Flight Attendants with an advanced level of spoken English and an advanced level of at least one other language specified below:
Applicants need to undergo an assessment in both languages to ensure they meet this posting’s language requirement.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor
- Deliver and receive feedback
- Execute directives upon delegation
- Make sound decisions and efficiently solve problems
- Work well in a team environment
- Convey and receive messages to meet the needs of others
- Handle stressful situations with ease
**WestJet is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
There you have it. If you want to work in a place where there’s award-winning culture, where teamwork and being able to fulfill your passion matters, apply and now let your career fly with WestJest!
Helpful Reads When You Apply as a Flight Attendant. Click on the links below!