Upon arriving in Milos, Greece, we immediately looked for a tour agency that would allow us to explore the island better. We were able to book a boat tour by speed boat that would take us to the famous Kleftiko rock formations and beaches. This was one of the best things to do in Milos island.
The boat tour started at 10 AM in the morning. We were picked up from our hotel by a van and then brought to the port. After boarding the speed boat, we set sail towards Kleftiko.
Along the way, we passed by numerous small islands and rocks that were absolutely beautiful.
The water was so clear that we could see rocks and the fish swimming below us. After about an hour of cruising, we finally arrived at Kleftiko. The first thing that greeted us were the massive rock formations that towered above us. We then anchored the boat and went for a swim in the crystal clear waters. The water was so refreshing and the surroundings were just breathtaking.
Things to Know During the Boat Tour
- The water in Milos is so clear and blue! It was wonderful swimming and exploring around in the water.The rock formations at Kleftiko were just incredible. It’s hard to believe that nature created something so beautiful.
- The water is also not salty. It’s the first time we swam in seawater that did not hurt our eyes.
- There are other beach areas in the tour and most of them are only accessible by boat but we Kleftiko was the best one we visited.
- We were planning to also go to Sykia cave but the weather did not permit due to strong waves.
- Make sure to bring your sunscreen, hats, sunglasses, swimwear, and towel. You will definitely need them during the tour!
- Don’t forget your camera because you will want to take lots of pictures of this amazing place. Kleftiko is definitely a must-see when you are in Milos, Greece.
- During peak season, Kleftiko is a very crowded so if you have the opportunity to go during shoulder seasons, that would be much optimal and you can enjoy the sea with less crowd.
- Our boat guide told us that you can rent a boat even if you don’t have a license. Such an interesting (yet scary) thought.
The boat tour was an amazing experience and we would recommend it to anyone visiting the island.
Where is Kleftiko Bay?
Kleftiko is located in the western part of Milos, Greece. It is a group of small islands and rocks that are famous for their massive rock formations.
How to Get to Kleftiko Bay in Milos?
There are boat tours that depart from the port in Milos. This bay is only accessible by boat so you can either rent a small speed boat, a yacht, a catamaran, or a traditional boat tour.
What to Expect When Visiting Kleftiko Bay?
When visiting Kleftiko, you can expect to see massive rock formations, crystal clear waters, and breathtaking scenery. There are also many small islands and rocks that you can explore.
Cost of Kleftiko Boat Tour
The rates would vary on the type of boat and the number of people who will rent it. In our case, my husband and I paid EURO 60 each. There were 4 of us in the small speedboat.
We also gave a EURO 5 Tip to our Boat Guide.
How Long is the Kelftiko Boat Tour?
The Kleftiko boat tour would usually take half a day (4 hours). Our tour started at 10 AM and we were back at the port by 2 PM.
Is Kleftiko Bay Worth Visiting?
Absolutely! This is one of the highlights in Milos and it is definitely worth visiting. The scenery is just breathtaking and it is a great place to go for a swim.
What is the best time to go to Milos?
The best time to visit Kleftiko is between May and September when the weather is warm and sunny.
4 Reasons to Visit Kleftiko Bay
Milos is a small, picturesque island in the Aegean Sea that is known for its stunning beaches and crystal clear waters. One of the most popular destinations on the island is Kleftiko Bay, which offers visitors a unique and unforgettable experience. Here are four reasons why you should visit Kleftiko Bay when you travel to Milos.1. The scenery is incredible.
Kleftiko Bay is surrounded by towering cliffs and crystal clear waters. The views are simply breathtaking and it’s easy to see why this is one of the most popular spots on the island.
2. You can find peace and quiet.If you’re looking for a place to relax and escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life, Kleftiko Bay is the perfect spot. There are no hotels or restaurants in the area, so you’ll be able to enjoy complete peace and quiet.
3. You can go swimming and snorkelling. The waters around Kleftiko Bay are perfect for swimming and snorkeling. The clarity of the water means you’ll be able to see a variety of fish and marine life.
4. You can explore the area. There are a number of caves and cliffs to explore in the Kleftiko Bay area. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can even swim through one of the caves!
5 Important Tips when on a Boat Tour in Milos
1. Depending on your tour, you might not have snacks with you. So better bring some snacks with you if you might get hungry. There’s a restaurant in the starting point area so we bought water there.
2. If you can, bring a GoPro with a Dome. It will help you take great pictures and videos while swimming! We saw a guy with one and he took some great shots. In our case though, we used our smartphone cameras only.
3. Make sure to put sunscreen, wear a hat, and drink plenty of water. The sun can get really strong in Milos, Greece so it’s important to protect yourself from the sun.
4. Bring cash with you. There are no ATM’s in Kleftiko and credit cards are not accepted.
5. Lastly, enjoy your time in Kleftiko! It’s a truly magical place and it’s definitely worth visiting when you’re in Milos!
Video: Kleftiko Bay in Milos Greece
Check out this video clip by Santorini Dave on YouTube where he shares a description and guide about boat and cave tours in Kleftiko Beach:
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the cost of the Kleftiko boat tour?
The cost of the Kleftiko boat tour varies, but in our case, we paid EURO 60 each. If you plan to rent a bigger boat or join a tour group, it might be more expensive. It really depends.
2. How long does the boat tour last?
The boat tour usually lasts around 4 hours. Others might have a ‘lunch package’ so it might be longer.
3. What should I bring with me on the boat tour?
It’s a good idea to bring snacks and water with you on the boat tour, as well as sunscreen and a hat.
4. What is the best time to go on the boat tour?
The best time to go on the boat tour is between May and September when the weather is warm and sunny. It’s the best when it’s shoulder season so go during the last week of May or first week of October. You can still catch the sun rays during these times but it’s not too crowded.
5. What are some of the things I can expect to see on the boat tour?
Some of the things you can expect to see on the boat tour include massive rock formations, crystal clear waters, and breathtaking scenery. There are also many small islands and rocks that you can explore.
6. Is the boat tour suitable for families?
The boat tour is generally suitable for all ages. However, if you have young children, it’s best to check with the tour company first to see if they can accommodate your family.
7. Can I bring my own food and drinks on the boat tour?
Yes, you are allowed to bring your own food and drinks on the boat tour. However, keep in mind that there are no restroom facilities on the boat, so it’s best to use the restroom before you board the vessel.
Kleftiko Bay is a stunning location in Milos that offers visitors incredible scenery, peace and quiet, swimming and snorkelling opportunities, and plenty of things to explore.
Kleftiko Bay is an amazing place and definitely worth a visit if you’re ever in Milos. The scenery is incredible, it’s a great place to find peace and quiet, and the swimming and snorkelling opportunities are superb. So what are you waiting for? Pack your bags and head to Kleftiko Bay for an unforgettable experience.