CanJet Airlines, a division of IMP Group Limited, Halifax, Nova Scotia, is a full-service charter airline and aims to be the number one chartered airlines in Canada.
With this in mind, the company has set their own standard job qualifications when searching for the right person to join their team of cabin crews.
Listed below are the basic Cabin crew requirements for all potential applicants out there who wish to seek a career as a Flight Attendant with CanJet.
CanJet Airlines Job Requirements
- Updated CV
- At least 19 years of age at time of employment
- Minimum 2 years previous Customer Service Experience
- A Canadian Citizen or has Landed Immigrant Status (in possession of a permanent Resident Card) with the ability to travel outside of Canada without restriction
- Above average interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Can work effectively as part of a team
- Can work rotating shifts especially on weekends, holidays, and is able to travel on a consistent basis
- Must successfully complete CanJet’s initial Flight Attendant Training Program (approximately 4 weeks in duration)
- Must possess a valid passport and any additional visa documentation required to travel outside of Canada (CanJet will reimburse employees for cost of passport only)
- Have the ability to obtain Transportation Security Clearance (Restricted Area Pass)
- Ability to meet Flight Attendant Grooming Standards
- Live within two hours ground transportation of the Pearson International Airport
- YYZ = Bilingual in Canada’s two (2) official languages – considered an asset (candidates will be asked to complete language screening)
CanJet Airlines Duties and Responsibilites
The company also expects that each Cabin Crew applicant are able to adhere to the responsibilities listed below:
- Strictly enforce emergency and safety procedures consistent with all Transport Canada regulations and company policies/procedures
- Coordinate on-board activity with In-charge Flight Attendant
- Provide leadership, direction, and assistance during emergencies
- Report any and all activities which could adversely affect passenger safety to appropriate cabin personnel
- Communicate regularly with Cabin Services on daily operations
- Work in aircraft aisles and galleys, standing, reaching, walking, kneeling, and stooping, and sitting during takeoff and landing
- Operate mechanical and safety equipment including stairs, oxygen systems, aircraft doors (pushing and pulling), evacuation slides, fire extinguishers, life rafts, galley equipment, communications equipment, and lighting systems
- Deliver exceptional customer service while performing pre-flight and in-flight duties, including serving beverages/snacks, cash handling and accounting of receipts
- Perform other duties as assigned
- The management of IMP is committed to Employment Equity. The company aims to have a diverse workforce with and welcomes applicants from Aboriginal people, visible minority groups, persons with disabilities and women in occupations of positions where they are underrepresented
If you think you pass the job qualifications set by the company and if you think you can handle all the responsibilities mentioned and other duties that might be needed of you when you start working for this Canadian airline company, then you should join CanJet. Be among the individuals who will help establish the company’s reputation as the premier charter service airline in Canada.