If you plan to apply as a flight attendant for Aeroflot, there are a few requirements you’ll need to meet. First, you must have the right to work in the territory of the Russian Federation. You’ll also need to be fluent in Russian and English, and have the ability to swim. In addition, you’ll need to have good customer service skills and the ability to work well under pressure. If you meet all of these requirements, then you may just have what it takes to become a successful Aeroflot cabin crew.
Aeroflot Airlines is Russia’s leading airline and one of the largest European and global carriers. In 2021, the airline has carried 21.4 million passengers. The airline is part of the larger Aeroflot Group which has the top priority and social mission to enhance air connectivity across Russia and its regions and improve population mobility. Aeroflot was also one of the top three most punctual mainline airlines globally and Europe’s most on-time full-service carrier according to the annual On-Time Performance Review by Cirium. It was founded on March 17, 1923, and is one of the oldest airlines in the world and one of the most recognizable Russian brands.
The airline is recognized internationally for its customer service. It holds 4-Star Airline status from Skytrax, has been named Best Airline in Eastern Europe nine times at the Skytrax World Airline Awards, and has a Five-Star Global Airline status from APEX. Its flight attendants also play a key role in its success.
List of Requirements and Qualifications to Become an Aeroflot Cabin Crew
Flight attendants are responsible for the safety and comfort of the passengers and are in charge of the cabin in an aircraft. They also provide excellent customer care to passengers while ensuring their comfort and safety throughout the flight and serve refreshments and meals and will also sell gifts and duty-free items to passengers. Aside from that, they ensure that all emergency equipment is in working order before take-off and that there are enough supplies on board and take part in a safety demonstration to make sure passengers know how to use the equipment and what the safety procedures are. Hence, the airline is looking for competent and reliable individuals who can do the demands of a flight attendant.
Below are the criteria that candidates must meet for a flight attendant position.
- Applicants must have a valid certificate of a flight attendant with the right to work on the territory of the Russian Federation.
- Conclusion of the medical-flight expert commission of VLEK.
- They must also hold a passport or other identity document as well as an employment book and (or) information about labor activity, except in cases where the employment contract is concluded for the first time.
- They must also provide a document confirming registration in the system of individual (personalized) accounting, including in the form of an electronic document.
- Other documents needed are documents of military registration – for persons liable for military service and persons subject to conscription for military service.
- They must also prepare a document on education and (or) qualifications or the availability of special knowledge – when applying for a job requiring special knowledge or special training.
- Aside from that, a certificate of the presence (absence) of a criminal record and (or) the fact of criminal prosecution or the termination of criminal prosecution on rehabilitating grounds.
- In addition, a certificate of whether or not a person is subject to administrative punishment for the use of narcotic drugs or psychotropic substances without a doctor’s prescription or new potentially dangerous psychoactive substances.
- Applicants must have the willingness to work for Aeroflot and have goodwill, communication skills, responsibility, and discipline.
- They must also be in good health and have no bad habits.
- Must meet the minimum education not lower than complete secondary (11 classes).
- Must be proficient in English at a level not lower than Pre- Intermediate.
- Can provide a military registration document for persons liable for military service.
- Lastly, for candidates with experience as a flight attendant – a valid certificate of a flight attendant with the right to work in the territory of the Russian Federation.
Here is a step-by-step guide to help you with your application.
Step 1: Visit the company’s official website here – https://www.aeroflot.ru/xx-en.
Step 2: Scroll down and click “About Us” to view more information about the airline.
Step 3: Then, click “Vacancies” and then click “Flight attendants” to view additional information about the position.
Step 4: Choose the available flight attendant position and apply by filling out the application form.
Step 5: Wait for a response from the hiring team.
Salary & Benefits
Flight attendants at Aeroflot receive a lot of benefits packages aside from their high and stable salaries. Some of these benefits include an extended social package, and intensive training and development according to SkyTeam Alliance standards. Aside from that, they have promising career growth and the opportunity to combine work with travel.
Video: Aeroflot Russian Airlines Flight Safety Video
This video is very helpful to aspiring flight attendants as you can see here the flight attendants are at work and fulfilling their duties and responsibilities to ensure the safety of their passengers.
You will also learn a few things about the airline and its operations here. Hence, it is recommended to watch this video as part of getting to know the company first before you apply for the position.
Photos: Aeroflot Air Cabin Crew Uniforms
Check out these pictures of Aeroflot Air crew so you can see what they look like in uniforms:
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some common questions about the requirements for Aeroflot flight attendants.
1. What are the skills that I must possess to become eligible for the flight attendant position?
You must have excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
2. What language(s) must I speak at Aeroflot?
You must be fluent in English at a level not lower than Pre- Intermediate.
3. Do they provide training for new entrant flight attendants?
After successful application, you will undergo a training course provided by the airline.
4. What specific requirements and certifications must I provide?
You must hold a passport or other identity document as well as an employment book and (or) information about labor activity, except in cases where the employment contract is concluded for the first time. You must also prepare a document on education and (or) qualifications or the availability of special knowledge – when applying for a job requiring special knowledge or special training. Other requirements and certifications are mentioned above.
5. Where can I apply for a flight attendant position at Aeroflot?
You can apply on the Careers page of Aeroflot found here – https://vacancy.aeroflot.ru/ru-ru/search.
6. Do they require previous customer service experience?
The airline does not require previous customer service experience but for applicants with experience as a flight attendant – a valid certificate of a flight attendant with the right to work in the territory of the Russian Federation.
In conclusion, Aeroflot Airlines requires and expect a lot from their flight attendants. The requirements and qualifications may be overwhelming but when you meet all of them, promising career growth and development await you. They have certain documents and certifications that you must provide but they also rely more on the essential skills that a flight attendant must possess. These include excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills and fluency in the English language. Hence, if you think you have what it takes to be Aeroflot’s flight attendant, you should apply now and start taking action toward your dream.