TAROM Airlines was established in 1954 and developed together with Romanian aviation. It became a member of SkyTeam Alliance on June 25, 2010, and performs its activity under the Ministry of Transportation. It operates on more than 50 own destinations and destinations operated by its codeshare partners. The airline is the Romanian flag carrier and owns one of the youngest fleets in Europe.
It consists of 29 aircraft and has been a member of the International Air Transport Association (IATA) since 1993. Aside from that, the airline is a modern and future-oriented company. It is an environment-friendly company because of its innovative procedures to reduce carbon dioxide emissions.
The company’s success was brought by its hardworking and diligent employees, including the flight attendants. Its flight attendants are considered the face of the airline and they play a crucial role in attaining the company’s goals and objectives.
- List of Requirements and Qualifications to Become a TAROM Cabin Crew
- Application Process
- Salary & Benefits
- Video: Inside TAROM Romania Airline’s Economy Class
- Photos: TAROM Cabin Crew Uniforms
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What essential must I have to become eligible for the flight attendant position?
- 2. Can I still apply even if I have visible tattoos?
- 3. Where can I apply at TAROM Airlines for the flight attendant position?
- 4. Do they require previous customer experience for the flight attendant position?
- 5. What qualities or personalities are they looking for in their flight attendants?
- 6. What language(s) must I speak at TAROM Airlines?
List of Requirements and Qualifications to Become a TAROM Cabin Crew
Flight attendants at TAROM are one of the assets of the company. The role they play gives the airline its identity towards its customers and passengers. Some of their duties and responsibilities include keeping passengers safe and comfortable and providing excellent customer service to passengers from boarding through disembarking. They also conduct safety checks before the flight, prepare and serve drinks and food to passengers, and participate in pre-flight briefings to discuss flight details, weather, and service plans. Hence, the airline is looking for individuals who can carry on the wide scope of tasks, duties, and responsibilities that the job may require them.
Below are the criteria that aspiring individuals must meet to become eligible for the flight attendant position before job application.
- Candidates must be proficient and fluent in English and the native language of the country.
- They must be physically fit and healthy to perform the job.
- Must be willing to relocate when needed.
- Must have the patience to tolerate or accept trouble or delay without getting upset or angry.
- Must also have teamwork skills and the ability to adapt and work well with other crew members for the flight to run smoothly.
- They must also have excellent problem-solving skills to overcome challenges that can arise mid-flight, including technical difficulties and refreshment shortages.
- They can swim.
- Have no visible tattoos and piercings in any part of the body.
- Weight must be proportionate to height.
- Has attention to detail or ability to efficiently allocate cognitive resources to achieve accuracy and thoroughness when accomplishing tasks, regardless of how small or large the task is.
- They must also have excellent communication skills and actively listen to understand the passenger’s needs and requirements clearly.
- Must be confident while working.
Here is a step-by-step guide to help you with your application.
Step 1: Visit the company’s website here – https://www.tarom.ro/en.
Step 2: Scroll down and click “TAROM Company” under the About Us section.
Step 3: Then, click “Careers” and send your CV and a letter of intent to the email address provided.
Step 4: Wait for a response from the company. You will be contacted by the hiring team if you’re application was successful.
Salary & Benefits
TAROM’s flight attendant has a basic salary of about 300 euros, and the flight time is paid with 2.3 euros. They also receive day, night, and risk bonuses. Flight attendants also receive daily allowances for external races being 56 euros and 8 euros for internal races. Hence, their total monthly salary reaches up to 800 euros per month plus the bonuses they received. Working as a flight attendant is also an opportunity to travel the world while working.
Video: Inside TAROM Romania Airline’s Economy Class
This video will give you insight into TAROM Airline’s economy class. You will get to see the inside of the cabin and the salient features of its amenities.
You will also gain some understanding of their flight schedules, destinations, and fleet. If you want to know more about the company, you can visit its website here – https://www.tarom.ro/en/tarom-company.
Photos: TAROM Cabin Crew Uniforms
Check out these pictures of TAROM Airlines crew so you can see what they look like in uniforms:
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are some of the common questions asked about TAROM flight attendants.
1. What essential must I have to become eligible for the flight attendant position?
You must have excellent communication and customer approach skills.
2. Can I still apply even if I have visible tattoos?
Just like in any other airline, TAROM Airlines does not allow visible tattoos while wearing the cabin crew uniform.
3. Where can I apply at TAROM Airlines for the flight attendant position?
You can apply for the flight attendant position on their Careers page found on their official website. You can go here – https://www.tarom.ro/en/careers.
4. Do they require previous customer experience for the flight attendant position?
The company does not require previous customer service experience for its flight attendants. Candidates with previous experience have an advantage.
5. What qualities or personalities are they looking for in their flight attendants?
You must be a team player, has attention to detail, and be confident while working. You must also be patient to tolerate or accept trouble or delay without getting upset or angry and have excellent problem-solving skills to overcome challenges that can arise mid-flight, including technical difficulties and refreshment shortages.
6. What language(s) must I speak at TAROM Airlines?
You must be proficient and fluent in English and the native language of the country. Applicants who can speak multiple languages are an asset to the company and will be given a high priority.
Overall, working as a flight attendant is very demanding. The job has a wide range of duties and responsibilities but it can be rewarding at the same time. Some of their duties and responsibilities include providing information, guidance, and assistance for safety and comfort to passengers on board aircraft and conducting safety checks before the flight. They also greet customers and check their tickets and accompany them to their seats. They also present emergency equipment and give instructions on how to use it in emergencies.
In terms of the requirements and qualifications, TAROM Airline’s flight attendant requirements are not as stringent compared to other airlines. As long as you have the necessary skills needed for the job, you are physically fit and healthy to perform the job, you are welcome to apply. Hence, send your CV and your letter of intent to the email address provided here – https://www.tarom.ro/en/careers and good luck with your application.