If you are planning to become a flight attendant for Air North (Yukon’s Airline), there are a few requirements that you will need to meet. First, you must be at least 19 years of age. Second, you must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Third, you must be able to pass a background check and a drug test. fourth, you must have a valid passport. Finally, you must be able to speak English fluently. If you meet all of these requirements, then you will be eligible to apply for a position as a flight attendant with Air North.
Also Read: How to Answer: Why Do You Want to Work for our Airline?
Founded in 1977, Air North is a Canadian airline that flies to destinations across Yukon, British Columbia, Alberta, the Northwest Territories, and Nunavut. The airline’s flight attendants are responsible for the safety and comfort of passengers during flights. They are also trained in emergency procedures in case of an incident.
Air North has a long history of providing quality service and is committed to maintaining its high standards in the future. Its flight attendants are highly trained professionals who are dedicated to providing excellent customer service. Air North Airlines is committed to making sure that its passengers have a comfortable and safe flying experience.
List of Requirements and Qualifications to become an Air North (Yukon’s Airline) Cabin Crew
Air North Airlines is looking for customer service-oriented individuals with a positive attitude to fill the role of a flight attendant. In addition, applicants must meet the following requirements and qualifications:
- Applicants must be at least 19 years of age.
- Applicants have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be able to pass a background check and drug test.
- Good vision is required, and applicants must pass a vision test.
- Air North flight attendants must be able to swim 25 meters without stopping, as well as perform CPR and first aid.
- Flight attendants must be able to speak English fluently, as well as another language if they are applying for a position that requires it.
- Applicants must have a valid passport.
- They must have no visible tattoos or piercings.
- Flight attendants must be comfortable working long hours, including weekends and holidays.
- They must be able to lift and carry heavy luggage and be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Applicants must not be taller than 197cm.
- Applicants must be physically fit.
- Applicants must have a passion for rendering excellent customer service.
- They must also have basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and databases.
- Capability to work with the team and independently.
- Applicants must have a pleasing personality.
- Must have two years of customer service experience.
The application process for flight attendants includes an online application, an assessment center, and an interview.
Step 1: You must fill out an online application and submit a resume, cover letter, and photos.
Step 2: You will also need to take an online assessment and participate in a video interview.
Step 3: If you are selected for the next round, you will be invited to attend an in-person assessment center.
Step 4: The final step of the process is a face-to-face interview with a panel of Air North Airlines representatives.
The application process takes about six weeks from start to finish. Successful candidates will undergo a training program before being placed on active duty as flight attendants.
Salary & Benefits
Air North is a Canadian airline that offers competitive salaries and benefits for its flight attendants. Flight attendants at Air North can expect to make a salary of $18.41 per hour, plus benefits such as free travel privileges and hotel discounts. In addition to their salary, Air North flight attendants also receive a per diem allowance for food and incidentals while on duty.
Flight attendants at Air North Airlines enjoy benefits such as free travel on the airline, discounted travel on other airlines, and health insurance. Air North Airlines offers a training program to help new flight attendants learn the skills they need to be successful in their roles.
Video: Air North, Yukon’s Airline
To know more about Air North, you can go to the link provided above and watch the video.
This video gives an overview of Air North Airlines. It was also recently recognized by TripAdvisor as the ‘Best Airline in Canada’ and ‘Best Specialty Airline in North America’. Here, the Chief Commercial Officer of Air North, Yukon Airline gives an insight into the services offered and rendered by Air North and how they deal with its customers and passengers.
In addition, the video also shows some of the staff working, specifically inside the aircraft. He also mentioned some approaches Air North is using during this pandemic like how they organize the seating arrangements to follow the social distancing protocol and other Covid-19 protocols and restrictions. Further, he shared that Air North they are customer-oriented and committed to safety. They let the passengers enjoy their flight and make it more comfortable and have a great experience. He also shared about their future goals and the improvement they aim to achieve.
Photos: Air North (Yukon) Airlines Cabin Crew Uniforms
Check out these pictures of Air North (Yukon) Airlines crew so you can see what they look like in uniforms:
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some common questions about the requirements for North Air flight attendants.
1. Do I need to have a college degree?
Not really. As long as you have met the minimum requirement of having at least a high school diploma or equivalent, you are eligible to apply to Air North Airlines.
2. Is there an age limit to becoming a flight attendant?
The minimum age limit to becoming a flight attendant at Air North is 19 years old.
3. What are the height and weight requirements to be a flight attendant for Air North Airlines?
You must not be taller than 192cm and you must be physically fit.
4. What if I don’t speak fluent English?
Speaking fluently in English is a basic requirement hence you are not eligible to apply if you think you are not fluent in this language.
5. Are there any other physical requirements to be a flight attendant for Air North Airlines?
You must be able to lift and carry heavy luggage. Physical strength is required.
6. What type of personality traits make a successful flight attendant?
You must have a pleasing personality and good customer service skills.
Working as a flight attendant for Air North in Canada is a unique and rewarding experience. Not only do you get to see the world, but you also get to meet new people and help them have a safe and enjoyable journey. As a flight attendant, your responsibilities include ensuring the safety of passengers, providing customer service, and maintaining the cabin during the flight. It is a demanding job, but it is also an opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives. If you are interested in working as a flight attendant for Air North, here are some things you should know.
Air North (Yukon’s Airline) is a great airline to work for if you are interested in becoming a flight attendant. They have competitive pay and benefits, and the job requirements are not too difficult to meet. You must be at least 19 years old, have a high school diploma or GED, and can pass a background check and drug test. The requirements to be a flight attendant are not as stringent as some other airlines, making it a great option for those who want to enter the field.