Bulgaria Air is the national carrier of the Republic of Bulgaria that is owned by a diversified aviation company, Balkan Hemus Group AD. It started its operations and services in 2002 following the collapse of former national carrier Balkan Bulgarian Airways. It operates regular flights from Sofia to 29 major cities in Europe and the Middle East, regular domestic flights to Varna and Bourgas, and charter flights by request to more than 100 destinations. The airline offers its customers opportunities for traveling to more than 400 cities in Europe, Asia, Africa, and North America and strives to be the preferred air company for flights from and to Bulgaria. The airline has the main objective to offer its customers services of the highest quality.
Also Read: How to Answer: What are Your Weaknesses?
The airline has a strong focus on customer satisfaction and this is where flight attendants’ role strikes in. They are known to be the best in their field of providing excellent customer service. The airline also knows how valuable they are to the company and they provide them with the necessary training they need.
List of Requirements and Qualifications to Become a Bulgaria Airlines Cabin Crew
Flight attendants play a crucial role and they are the key drivers of customer satisfaction that the airline strives to achieve. However, being a flight attendant can be physically demanding and at times requires standing for long periods. Some of their duties and responsibilities include announcing and demonstrating safety and emergency procedures like the use of oxygen masks, seat belts, and life jackets. They also answer passengers’ questions about flights, aircraft, weather, travel routes and services, arrival times, and/or schedules and assist passengers in placing carry-on luggage in overhead, garment, or under-seat storage and while entering or disembarking the aircraft. They have a wide scope of responsibilities hence, the airline looks for individuals who can carry on the demanding job flight attendants have.
Below are the criteria that candidates must meet to be eligible for the position.
- Candidates must meet the minimum height requirement of at least 160cm.
- They must be fluent and proficient in English and the Bulgarian language. Knowledge of French, German, Spanish or Russian is considered an advantage.
- Candidates must have completed secondary education.
- They must be at least 21 years old.
- They must also be physically and mentally healthy and resilient individuals.
- Candidates must have no braces, scars, tattoos, or piercings visible while wearing a uniform.
- A normal proportion between height and weight is required.
- They can swim.
- They must have not been convicted and not have pending pre-trial proceedings.
- Must be responsible, disciplined, and executive personality as well as positive, and empathetic, dedicated to the care of the client.
- They must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work in a team.
- Have the ability to quickly make important decisions and solve problems.
- Must have good diction and speech.
- Have balanced behavior, pleasant manners, radiance, and excellent hygiene and appearance.
- High level of adaptability, with the possibility and desire for business trips and stays abroad.
Here is a step-by-step guide to help you with your application.
Step 1: Visit the company’s official website – https://www.air.bg/en/.
Step 2: Scroll down and click “Careers” to view job vacancies.
Step 3: Look for the available flight attendant position and read thoroughly the information displayed.
Step 4: Then, apply for the position.
Step 5: Wait for a response. You will be contacted if your application was successful.
Salary & Benefits
Flight attendants receive competitive salaries and benefits packages while working at Bulgaria Air. They are also entitled to receive some travel perks, discounts, and allowances as well as an opportunity to travel the world while working. The airline also offers a training course to develop your skills and competence to come prepared for any emergencies and in any situations that may occur at any time. There is also an opportunity for career growth and development.
Video: Bulgaria Air – National Flag Carrier of Bulgaria
This video was uploaded by a YouTube vlogger with the username “NYC Flyer”.
In this video, you will gain some insights about the company and witness some of the duties of flight attendants while at work. Here, he made a short tour in Bulgaria and shared some information about the airline and features inside the cabin of the aircraft he is flying with. He also commended the crew for its service and explored the features of the seats in the cabin. Flight attendants serving some snacks are also shown in the video. But, if you want to know about the airline, you can visit their website here- https://www.air.bg/en/about/about-us. You can also view their job vacancies here – https://www.air.bg/en/about/careers.
Photos: Bulgaria Air Cabin Crew Uniforms
Check out these pictures of Bulgaria Airlines crew so you can see what they look like in uniforms:
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are some of the common questions asked about Bulgaria Airlines flight attendants.
1. What is the minimum age requirement?
The minimum age requirement is at least 21 years old at the time of employment.
2. Do I need to have a college degree to apply for a flight attendant position at Bulgaria Air?
The minimum education requirement is complete secondary education. However, applicants with a college degree are preferred.
3. What language(s) do I have to learn or speak when applying at Bulgaria Air for a flight attendant position?
You must be fluent and proficient in English and the Bulgarian language. Knowledge of French, German, Spanish or Russian is considered an advantage.
4. Is there a minimum height requirement for flight attendants?
Candidates must meet the minimum height requirement of at least 160cm.
5. What personalities, traits, and characters do Bulgaria Air look for in their flight attendants?
Bulgaria Air is looking for a responsible, disciplined, and executive personality as well as positive, and empathetic, dedicated to the care of the client. They must also have balanced behavior, pleasant manners and radiance, and excellent hygiene and appearance.
6. What skill set must I possess that is valuable for a flight attendant position?
You must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to work in a team, and the ability to quickly make important decisions and solve problems. Additionally, they must have a high level of adaptability, with the possibility and desire for business trips and stays abroad.
In conclusion, working as a flight attendant is a very demanding job. You must be physically fit and healthy as well as mentally stable to perform well the job and can withstand long periods of walking and standing. In terms of the requirements and qualifications at Bulgaria Air, it is not very difficult to meet. You must be able to meet the minimum language, height, age, and educational requirements and must have the physical attributes required for the job. The rest are skills that you have to learn and acquire during the training program. But, if you can speak multiple languages and have previous flight attendant experience or an experience in any service-related field that is an advantage. Hence, if you think you can do the job and you have what it takes to join the Bulgaria Air cabin crew team, do not hesitate to apply whenever applications for the flight attendant position are open.