In this article, we’re going to talk about the hiring process at Jet Airways. As an international airline based in Delhi, Jet Airways always ensures that passengers get the best out of every flight. While job applications can cause nervousness and anxiety, these feelings can immediately be dissolved by working on yourself and reading about the airline you want to work in. Are you ready to make your Jet Airways cabin crew dreams soar? Read on and find out.
Also Read: Venice Layover Guide: 24 Hours in Venice Itinerary
Dreams are seeds that are planted at a young age and harvested with the help of perseverance and hard work. One of the greatest milestones in your life is your first job. Aside from a new chapter, it is also an opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive. However, one common experience that many people share with one another is the nervousness that comes with the preparation for the job application. But there’s no need to worry! You can overcome it by being well-prepared and reading in advance.
Overview of the Jet Airways
Founded in 1992, Jet Airways is an Indian international airline currently based in Delhi NCR. On top of that, it has a training and development center in Mumbai. As one of the largest airlines in India, Jet Airways is committed to serving its passengers to the best that it can do. In data and numbers, it had a 21.2% passenger market share back in February 2016. Jet Airways operates over 450 flights daily to 74 destinations worldwide. It also has other hubs; the main hub at Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, secondary hubs at Indira Gandhi International Airport, Bengaluru, and Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport, Kolkata, Chennai International Airport and New Delhi (new primary hub), Kempegowda International Airport.
At present, it has a total workforce of about 10,100 employees committed to improvement, expansion, and the consistently excellent customer service that they are known for. Aside from quality service, Jet Airways also takes pride in being one of the most affordable airlines in the industry. One of their goals is to strengthen their workforce and recover setback after setback.
As an aspiring Jet Airways flight attendant, here are the duties and responsibilities you must perform well. After all, your actions reflect the company you belong to, so make sure you are an asset to the company.
- Conduct safety checks before each flight
- Scan the cabin for any safety hazards
- Greet your passengers warmly
- Escort and assist your passengers with their luggage
- Help them find and settle into their seats
- Prepare and serve drinks and food to your passengers according to what is requested.
- Take note of any medical needs, likes, and dislikes of passengers
- Present emergency equipment and brief passengers on how to use the equipment
- Monitor, manage and secure the cabin
- Adhere to all aviation rules and regulations
- Assist passengers and cabin crew during emergencies
- Assist passengers with special needs
- Attend briefings before each flight
- Submit and prepare reports concerning flight incidents
- Extend help and assistance as many times needed
- Become culturally aware
- Treat passengers with respect and without discrimination.
As an airline committed to growth, excellence, and first-class service, its workforce should consist of people who can further push this commitment. Here are the qualifications that you should keep in mind to become a Mesa Airline Cabin Crew:
- Must be at least 18 to 27 years old at the time of application
- Must be unmarried
- Must have a minimum of 20/40 vision (corrected or uncorrected)
- Height must be between 4’11” and 6′ without shoes – must be able to reach in overhead bins and compartments
- Must have no visible tattoos, especially when wearing a uniform
- No multiple ear piercings and extreme hairstyles or vivid colors
- Must have HSC (10 + 2).
- Must be reliable, dependable, and punctual
- Must be fluent in English and Hindi (should be able to read and write in English and Hindi too)
- Must be willing to be assigned or relocated
- Must be willing and able to work nights, weekends, holidays, and extended hours
- Ability to perform all safety-related procedures
- Must possess a valid passport
- Must successfully complete a background investigation
- Must pass pre-employment alcohol and drug random screening throughout the employment
Document Requirements to Prepare
Here are the documents which are commonly asked from you during your application process:
- Updated CV/Resume
- Head and full-body photographs
- Good Conduct Certificate or Criminal Record
- Medical and Dental Records
For your photographs, here are the common standards you may want to keep in mind:
- Should be wearing professional business attire (including a jacket and tie for men).
- Should be standing facing straight towards the camera, with your hands down by your side.
- Should be smiling with a large but natural smile (ideally showing teeth).
- A white background is highly advisable.
- The full-length photographs should measure 6×4 inches (15×10 cm), while the passport-sized photos should measure 45×35 mm (1.77×1.37 inches).
Where to Apply for Jet Airways Online
To check for job vacancies and details, you can visit and view their website here.
Moreover, you can also check their LinkedIn profile for other important announcements. Just click the link.
How to Become a Flight Attendant for Jet Airways
If you meet Jet Airways’ flight attendant qualifications, you can now start applying for the said job position. These are the following steps you need to follow when applying for a flight attendant position at Jet Airways:
Step 1: Prepare the Necessary Documents Required
Since the hiring process at Jet Airways is conducted online, it’s best that you prepare your documents as early as now. Remember that incomplete requirements won’t be evaluated, so always double-check and request necessary documents ahead of time.
Step 2: Open Jet Airways’ Website and Attach Resume and Other Necessary Documents
Once you’ve checked your documents, the next step would be to log in to Jet Airways’ website and click “Careers”, then “Flight Attendants”. You will then be redirected to a new window where more details and information about the job vacancy will be displayed. You will also find hubs or bases which are offering openings too. Click “Apply”, attach your resume and other documents. Click “Submit”.
Step 3: Wait for Notifications from the Company Regarding Your Application
If you made it through the initial online application and screening, you will receive an email or notification from Jet Airways. If you’re accepted, then you immediately start after a briefing and orientation. Congratulations!
Monthly Salary of a Jet Airways Flight Attendant
The average Jet Airways Cabin Attendant salary in India is ₹ 6.1 Lakhs (7,955.09 USD) annually for employees with less than 1 year of experience to 7 years. Additionally, you are also entitled to these benefits:
- Various Training
- Meal Allowances
- Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance
- Flight benefits
- Discounts on hotels, cars, and other services
Video: Jet Airways Cabin Crew Salary
This nine-minute video is made by Nomadic Manav, a male flight attendant at Jet Airways. Here, he explains in detail the nature of his job, as well as shares the various benefits and bonuses that flight attendants receive. Additionally, he also shares the exact salary that they have, as well as interview tips, questions and answers, and how the process happens.
Disclaimer: This is a video uploaded by a flight attendant vlogger who shared his experience being a cabin crew member. Take note that every crew has a different experience, but this will help give you an idea what to expect when you work for Jet Airways.
Photos: Jet Airways Flight Attendants in Uniform
Check out these beautiful pictures of Jet Airways Flight Attendants in uniform. If you wish to picture yourself being a part of this company, check out these photos to give you an idea about working for this airline:
Frequently Asked Questions
Now here are the frequently asked questions about Jet Airways and the application process for the company’s flight attendants:
1. What are some of the background checks that will be required by Jet Airways?
FBI fingerprinting and criminal history are a few of the examples of background checks that will be done by Jet Airways. This is part of the protocol to ensure security in the workplace and to confirm the details you have indicated in your application documents.
2. Will my salary increase as I work for Jet Airways?
Yes, it will. Many factors play a role in increasing your salary, including how long you are in service, your position, and incentives.
3. Is the job application process purely online at Jet Airways?
In adherence to the present health protocols, the job application process will be conducted online.
4. How else can I contact Jet Airways about my application?
Aside from applying online, you can send an email to Companysecretary@Jetairways.Com for inquiries and other questions.
5. Is it okay if I am fluent in English and Hindi but not in other languages?
Yes, it is. What matters the most is your fluency in English and Hindi. Mastery of other languages is only an advantage.
6. Is it okay to apply at Jet Airways despite having tattoos?
Yes, it is. As long as it cannot be seen in your cabin crew uniform, you can apply.
7. Can I reapply in the event of my application being rejected?
Yes, you can. As many times as you want! Just make sure you work on your strengths and weaknesses. An interval of six months is advised before reapplying.
8. Is it okay to wear makeup and jewelry to the interview?
Yes, it is. As long as you look neat and professional.
9. Can men and women apply at Jet Airways?
Yes, they can. Jet Airways embraces diversity and equality regardless of gender and sex.
Address: Siroya Centre Sahar Airport Road Andheri (E) Mumbai – India
Telephone Number: 91-22-61211000