If you are looking for a position at Mahan Air, you can always try applying to be a cabin crew. More and more career seekers are choosing to be flight attendants because of the many benefits they can get. Plus, let’s not forget that being a flight attendant is truly rewarding in terms of basic pay. So, if you are here to seek guidance on how you can apply for a Mahal Air cabin crew position, here’s a comprehensive guide we made just for you.
Mahan Air is a fun and exciting workplace for all the past and present employees. Aside from the amazing culture and working environment, employees are not forced to work over the same thing as there are always new challenges and projects waiting for every department.
Furthermore, every worker has the same goal – which is to provide high quality and efficient service to their passengers. Having the same objective allows them to team up and collaborate well with one another to come up with new ideas and improve their performance individually and as a group.
Mahan Airlines, also referred to as Mahan Air, is a private aircraft company operating in Tehran, Iran. Established in 1991, it began its operations as Iran’s private airline in 1992, becoming the first airline in Iran to hold such services. Its operations include domestic and international flights to areas including the Middle East, Far East, Central Asia, and Europe.
Nowadays, becoming a part of an airline’s cabin crew team is a dream of many people out there. After all, you have the privilege of traveling the world while you get paid, and along with it, enjoy the extra benefits that your job offers. These offers can include discounted ticket prices, special rates on hotels and other rentals, and more.
So, suppose you believe you have what it takes to become a designated cabin crew member. In that case, you may continue reading this article to find out about the job qualifications for flight attendants. And in this article, we’ll be talking about how to apply as a Mahan Air cabin crew member.
As a Mahan Air cabin crew member, you are in charge of guaranteeing the passengers’ comfort, satisfaction, and safety for the flight duration. And over 3,000 employees
- In charge of showcasing how to use the aircraft’s emergency and safety equipment
- Responsible for serving passengers with their drinks, snacks, and meals throughout the flight
- Gives customers their much-needed assistance regarding their special needs
- Responsible for providing passengers assurance during aircraft turbulence
- Provide medical care and first aid to passengers when necessary, such as during emergencies
- Gives out instructions to passengers, which includes the plan of action for specific emergencies
To become a cabin crew member for airlines in the Middle East, such as Mahan Air, you must meet the following criteria below:
- Must be at least 160 cm or 5’2” in height
- Must be able to reach a minimum of 212 cm for the arm-reach test (tiptoeing is allowed, but jumping is not)
- Your weight must be in proportion with your height
- Must have a good level of understanding English (knowing how to speak another language is a bonus)
- Must be at least a high school graduate
- Has the ability to deal with people coming from several cultures
- Skin must be in good condition and must not have any visible tattoos
Document Requirements to Prepare
Although Mahan Air does not currently have any openings, here are some of the standard documents you should prepare just in case you wish to apply for the job. Here they are.
- Passport with a minimum of six months of validity
- Two passport-sized photos (in color)
- A full-length photo (in color)
- Your Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Your certificate of highest educational attainment
- References (if you have any)
- The invitation that is sent out to you by the airline’s HR or recruitment team (if you are scheduled for an invited interview, you must bring this with you)
Where to Apply for a Job for Mahan Air Online?
As of now, Mahan Air does not seem to have an available portal online for aspiring applicants on their website at https://www.mahan.aero. Although there are no known means for you to apply during this moment for Mahan Air, we will still walk you through standard hiring processes held by airline companies.
Step by Step Process Application to Become a Cabin Crew for Mahan Air
An airline company will either conduct an open day event or a walk-in Interview to hire cabin crew members. Since Mahan Air does not include any concrete process as to how aspiring flight attendants can apply, we will walk you through both methods instead. This is so that you can have an idea of what to expect when they finally open recruitment.
- Attend the walk-in interviews along with the requirements. Walk-in interviews are primarily held in regular offices during working hours.
- For walk-in interviews, you will be interviewed by a recruitment team member of the airline or one of their HR staff.
- You must prepare for the impact interview and the typical question and answer portion for your scheduled interview. Make sure to show up with the proper dress code as mandated by your interviewer.
- The waiting time for walk-in interview results can take up to two weeks. However, depending on the number of applicants, you may also have to wait longer and expect a result between two to six months.
Open Day Events
- Open day events often take place in big venues. Therefore, you will have to attend to the event’s specific dates and times and bring with you the necessary documents as well.
- For open day hiring events, the recruiters will be coming from agencies.
- Open day events include various rounds of application.
- Compared to walk-in interviews, the waiting time for your results for open day events usually only takes three days.
Photos: Mahan Air Cabin Crew Uniforms
Check out these pictures of Mahan Air flight attendants in uniform so you can get an idea what it’s like to work for this company if you apply for a position here:
Monthly Salary of a Mahan Air Flight Attendant
To better walk you through the salaries of a Mahan Air flight attendant, here we find a vlog that talks about the salary when you work for this airline company. This vlogger talks about the average salary of airlines based in the Middle East.
In this video, she explains that certain factors such as your flying time, layover, and the like affect your overall monthly salary. And based on the video, you can expect a monthly salary ranging between Php 50,000 to Php 100,000 as a flight attendant.
Furthermore, she also explains that being in a higher position can also factor into your pay. Lastly, she mentions that the best part about becoming a flight attendant in the Middle East is that you get your salary free of tax. So, on top of all the benefits you get as a cabin crew member in the Middle East, you also get to receive your monthly salary tax-free.
Disclaimer: The vlog was uploaded by a flight attendant who shared experiences about salaries at Mahan Air. Take note that the amount might change without prior, but this will help give you an idea what to expect when you work for Mahan Air.
Video: Guide to Becoming a Flight Attendant
This video is part of the vlogger’s “Essential Guide To Becoming A Flight Attendant” series on YouTube. In this particular video, she discusses everything you need to take note of to become a flight attendant.
Her vlog includes timestamps for each topic she discusses in the video. Here are some of the lessons she discusses below:
- During your scheduled flight attendant assessment, you can wear formal or corporate attire similar to the photos you submitted for the application. As for shoes, some agencies may typically require candidates to wear heels with a minimum of three inches.
- Make sure to keep your teeth healthy and pearly white. Some interviewers will inspect your teeth during the interview process.
- Some interviewers may not entertain those wearing braces at all during the interview phase. But some interviewers might allow applicants with braces to proceed with the interview process as long as they have their braces removed upon acceptance.
- Some common interview questions include asking you about the duties of cabin crew members, your knowledge about the company and the job, and other company-related questions. With that, it is recommended to do some research about the company before attending your interview.
Disclaimer: This is a video uploaded by a flight attendant vlogger who shared her experience being a cabin crew member of Mahan Air. Take note that every crew has a different experience, but this will help give you an idea what to expect when you work for Mahan Air.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have some questions or concerns regarding the job, you can refer to these commonly asked questions and their respective answers below.
1. What is the height requirement for cabin crew members of Mahan Air?
Middle Eastern airlines such as Mahan Air require their flight attendants to have at least a reach of 212 cm. And for the minimum height for females, flight attendants must be at least 160 cm or 5’2”.
2. Do I need to complete college to apply for Mahan Air?
No, you do not have to finish college to apply. However, it is still ideal to graduate college. And if you happen to complete a degree program related to your dream job, then you may have a significant edge against other applicants for the job.
3. Do I need to know how to speak English?
Knowing the English language is a must in the field of aviation. After all, you will be dealing with customers of several nationalities. Therefore, you must have a good standard of reading, writing, and speaking English.
4. How long is the recruitment process?
The airline recruitment process includes several essential steps to hire the best candidates for the job. It entails many interviews, tests, and the like. The recruitment process depends on the type of hiring process an airline conducts.
You only have to wait for three days for open day events before you get informed of your interview result. On the other hand, walk-in interviews may let you wait for more extended periods (two weeks of waiting or two to six months of waiting).
5. How long is the training period in Mahan Air?
The training period for cabin crew member trainees lasts for six months. It is the longest training program out of all existing airlines so far.
6. Is the training in Mahan Air difficult?
As previously mentioned, candidates who pass the recruitment process will undergo Mahan Air’s six-month training program. It is the longest and includes very extensive training that ensures Mahan Air flight attendants are well-trained before they fly onboard with the airline’s team.
7. Can aspiring cabin crew members have tattoos?
Depending on the rules of an airline company, you may be allowed to have tattoos, granted that they are not visible upon wearing your uniform. However, some airlines may not fully allow tattoos on any part of your body.
8. How can I apply as a flight attendant in Middle Eastern airlines such as Mahan Air?
As previously mentioned, you can hire in Middle Eastern airlines such as Mahan air through their online application websites (if they have one) or through their scheduled open day events. In addition, you may also get hired through their respective agency interviews in your country, if they have any as well.
9. Am I allowed to have braces during my interview?
Depending on the rules of an airline company, some may automatically reject applicants with braces. However, others may still interview those who wear braces under the promise that if an applicant passes their interview process, they must have their braces removed by then.
10. What are some common cabin crew interview questions?
Some common questions you may encounter during your interview include your knowledge about your job, how you will react to particular scenarios, and the like. In addition, you might also need to prepare for the airline’s company-related questions, so it is recommended to research the airline you are applying for before your interview.
11. Am I allowed to tiptoe during the arm-reach test?
Yes, applicants are allowed to tiptoe during the arm-reach test. As long as you can reach 212 cm in the arm-reach test, you will pass the test even by tiptoeing. Jumping, however, is not allowed for the arm-reach test.
This finishes our guide on how to apply as Mahan Air’s cabin crew member. Undoubtedly, becoming a full-fledged cabin crew of major airlines such as Mahan Air is not easy. But as long as you meet the requirements and manage to impress the recruitment team with your skills, we are sure that you will do great during your applications.
These are all the things you should know if you decide to become a cabin crew member for airlines such as Mahan Air. And if you have a great passion for traveling and wish to incorporate it into your job, then being a flight attendant is surely the job just for you. We wish you all the best in your endeavors and hope that this blog has been of great help to you.
Address: Mahan Air Tower, Azadegan St., Karaj Highway Tehran, Tehran 1481655761, IR
Telephone Number: 48380 – 021, 48382020 – 021 (support)
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org