SkyUp Airlines is a Ukrainian Airline that is based in Kyiv and registered as SkyUp LLC. It operates as a low-cost carrier and commenced its operations on May 21, 2018, using Boeing 737NG aircraft for domestic and international services. The airline has operated 16,133 flights and carried 2.57 million passengers in 2021 and took the second position among Ukrainian airlines in terms of the number of flights operated in the airspace of Ukraine. Its fleet consists of 15 medium-haul Boeing 737 aircraft, the average age of which is 14.2 years.
Flight attendants are the face of the airline and they are the first in line to deal with customers and passengers. At SkyUp, flight attendants play a crucial role and they are the ones responsible for customer safety and security. Hence, they are valuable resources of the company that contributes to its growth and success.
- List of Requirements and Qualifications to become a SkyUp Airlines Cabin Crew
- Application Process
- Salary & Benefits
- Video: SkyUp Ukrainian Airline Ditches Skirts and Heels
- Photos: SkyUp Cabin Crew Uniforms
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What is the minimum educational requirement for a flight attendant position at SkyUp Airlines?
- 2. Is there a minimum height requirement for flight attendants at SkyUp Airlines?
- 3. Are there other specific requirements for a flight attendant position required by SkyUp Airlines?
- 4. Do they require previous customer service experience?
- 5. Can I still apply even if I have visible tattoos?
- 6. What essential characteristics and personalities they look for in their flight attendants?
- 7. What essential skills are needed when applying for a flight attendant position at SkyUp Airlines?
- 8. Where can I apply?
List of Requirements and Qualifications to become a SkyUp Airlines Cabin Crew
Flight attendants are key personnel for attaining the company’s goals and objectives. They are responsible for ensuring passengers’ comfort as well as safety and the quality of their service is crucial to the success of an airline’s bottom line. Some of their duties and responsibilities include attending a safety briefing during which the captain relates weather or other concerns, reviews emergency procedures, and the emergency equipment is checked. They also assist any passengers who need help locating their assigned seats or who have trouble storing their baggage and serving food and beverages, provide reading material, pillows, blankets, and headphones, and attend to unaccompanied minors. They also demonstrate safety instructions in case of emergencies. Hence, the airline is looking for service-oriented individuals who can fill in the demanding job of a flight attendant.
Below are the criteria that candidates must meet to become eligible for the flight attendant position.
- Candidates must have a Class 3 medical certificate, crew member certificate, and training certificates.
- They meet the minimum education requirement of not being lower than a bachelor’s.
- They must meet the minimum height requirement of 164-175 cm for women and 173-185 cm for men.
- DR flight attendant is required.
- They must also be fluent and proficient in English, Russian, and Ukrainian languages. The ability to speak multiple languages is given a high priority.
- They must also have a nice appearance, no piercing, and tattoos on visible parts of the body.
- Can swim.
- They must have a passport, a diploma or a certificate of study, or a registered certificate / military ID.
Here is a step-by-step guide to help you with your application.
Step 1: Visit the company’s official website here – https://skyup.aero/en/.
Step 2: Then, click “Careers” to view available job vacancies.
Step 3: Apply for the flight attendant position.
Step 4: Wait for a response from the hiring team. You will be contacted if your application was successful.
Step 5: Prepare yourself for an interview, exam, background checks, and a series of medical tests before commencing work.
Salary & Benefits
Flight attendants at SkyUp receive a competitive salary and lots of benefits packages. They also have an opportunity to travel the world while working. They are also entitled to receive travel perks, discounts, and allowances. Aside from that, the company provides a training course before the newly hired flight attendants commence work to prepare and equip them with the knowledge and skills they need to learn and acquire.
Video: SkyUp Ukrainian Airline Ditches Skirts and Heels
This video was uploaded by a YouTube vlogger that goes by the username “Reuters” on their YouTube channel.
This video will give you some insights about SkyUp Airlines about its flight attendants’ uniforms. Here, you will see what change the company has undertaken to make a unique style, identity, and expression from changing the usual skirts and heels uniforms of their flight attendants into loose trousers and sneakers. You can watch the full video to learn how this change affected the flight attendants of SkyUp. To know more about the company, you can visit the website any time and check out their job vacancy.
Photos: SkyUp Cabin Crew Uniforms
Check out these pictures of SkyUp Airlines crew so you can see what they look like in uniforms:
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are some of the common questions asked about SkyUp flight attendants.
1. What is the minimum educational requirement for a flight attendant position at SkyUp Airlines?
Applicants must meet the minimum educational requirement of not being lower than a bachelor’s.
2. Is there a minimum height requirement for flight attendants at SkyUp Airlines?
The minimum height requirement for a flight attendant position is 164-175 cm for women and 173-185 cm for men.
3. Are there other specific requirements for a flight attendant position required by SkyUp Airlines?
Applicants must have a Class 3 medical certificate, crew member certificate, training certificates, and a DR flight attendant as well have a passport, a diploma or a certificate of study, and a registered certificate / military ID.
4. Do they require previous customer service experience?
The airline does not require previous customer service experience but applicants who have previous experience in any service-related field are considered an advantage.
5. Can I still apply even if I have visible tattoos?
Visible tattoos are not allowed while wearing the cabin crew uniform. Hence, to apply for the flight attendant position, you must have no visible tattoos on any part of your body.
6. What essential characteristics and personalities they look for in their flight attendants?
The airline is looking for individuals who are energetic, calm, professional, and service-oriented.
7. What essential skills are needed when applying for a flight attendant position at SkyUp Airlines?
You must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. This is an essential skill necessary when applying for a flight attendant position because you are dealing with and facing different types of people.
8. Where can I apply?
You can apply through the company’s website found on their Careers page. You can check out some of the job vacancies here – https://skyup.aero/en/career.
In conclusion, working as a flight attendant is very demanding and has a wide scope of duties and responsibilities. Among them are to ensure the safety and security of passengers on a flight, prepare and serve food and beverages, assist passengers with special needs and demonstrate safety instructions. They also conduct safety checks before the flight, help passengers find their seats, and help passengers in the event of an emergency. Aside from that, they provide information and ensure orderly and efficient operations.
In terms of requirements and qualifications, it is not difficult to meet. You only have to provide the necessary documents needed and meet the minimum requirements required such as height, language, and educational requirements. You must also have the necessary skills needed to perform the job well such as excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills. The ability to speak multiple languages such as English, Russian, and Ukrainian at the same time is preferred. Previous customer service is not required but if you have one that is an advantage. Hence, if you can meet all the requirements mentioned above, do not step back and apply whenever applications for a flight attendant position are held open.