- Air Canada and Emirates have moved Air Canada’s operations to Terminal 3 of Dubai International (DXB) on July 26th to improve the transit experience for passengers traveling between the Americas on Air Canada and various destinations.
- Emirates’ Chief Commercial Officer, Adnan Kazim, welcomed Air Canada to Dubai International and highlighted the benefits for customers such as smoother connections to Emirates’ global network and access to its renowned Business Class Lounges.
- Mark Galardo, Executive Vice President Network & Revenue Planning at Air Canada expressed gratitude for the move which will benefit their mutual customers with seamless connections and an elevated airport experience.
- Majed Al Joker, Chief Operating Officer of Dubai Airport welcomed Air Canada and highlighted their shared commitment towards delivering exceptional service.
- Inaugural flights are scheduled for July 26th (arriving) and July 27th (departing). The terminal will include dedicated check-in facilities in both Signature Class in First & Business Class Dropoff as well as Premium Economy and Economy counters in the main entrance.
- An expanded codeshare agreement, reciprocal loyalty program, increased interline agreement, access to priority check-in/boarding/lounges, plus non-stop flights from
July 25, 2023, MONTREAL/DUBAI – In an exciting development for international air travel, Air Canada and Emirates have reached a new milestone in customer service. As of July 26th, Air Canada’s operations will move to Terminal 3 of Dubai International (DXB). This transition is a strategic move which will improve the transit experience for passengers and reflects the successful partnership between the two airlines, which was launched in November 2022.
Improved Transit Experience for Customers
As a result of this strategic move, passengers traveling between the Americas on Air Canada and various destinations on Emirates, such as the Middle East, Indian subcontinent, Southeast Asia, and Africa, will relish a more streamlined and faster transit experience. The significant advantage here is that customers can enjoy the convenience of staying within the same terminal for their connecting flights.
Partner Airlines Welcome the Move
Emirates’ Chief Commercial Officer, Adnan Kazim, spoke of his delight at welcoming Air Canada to Terminal 3 at Dubai International. He emphasized that this step strengthens the strategic partnership between the airlines and offers greater value to passengers. He highlighted the benefits for Air Canada customers, including smoother connections to Emirates’ global network and access to Emirates’ renowned Business Class Lounges and other hub facilities in Dubai. He reaffirmed their commitment to improving travel experiences and providing convenient connectivity for passengers.
Air Canada Expresses Gratitude
Mark Galardo, Executive Vice President Network & Revenue Planning at Air Canada, expressed gratitude to Emirates and Dubai Airports for their partnership in facilitating this move. He added that this relocation is a significant milestone that reflects the strategic partnership between Air Canada and Emirates, as well as the importance of their flights between the UAE and Canada. This move will benefit their mutual customers, who will enjoy not just seamless connections, but also an elevated airport experience.
Dubai Airports Welcomes Air Canada
Majed Al Joker, Chief Operating Officer of Dubai Airports, welcomed Air Canada to Terminal 3. He highlighted the shared commitment of Dubai Airports and Air Canada towards delivering exceptional service and exceeding guest satisfaction. He asserted that the move will help optimize airport efficiency and improve the overall travel experience. Terminal 3 is designed to cater to the evolving needs of modern travelers, with biometric touchpoints, spacious waiting areas, and a variety of dining and shopping outlets.
Inaugural Flights and Check-in Facilities
Air Canada’s inaugural flight to Terminal 3 is scheduled to arrive on July 26th, with the first outbound flight to Toronto slated for departure on July 27th. The new terminal will include dedicated Air Canada check-in and bag drop counters for Signature Class in the First & Business Class Dropoff, while counters for Premium Economy and Economy will be located at the main entrance. Air Canada Signature Class customers and eligible Aeroplan Elite members will also have access to the Emirates Business Class lounge in Terminal 3.
Expanded Codeshare Agreement and Customer Benefits
Since November 2022, Air Canada and Emirates have increased their codeshare agreement to include 42 routes, deepened their interline agreement, and developed a reciprocal loyalty program. This has allowed customers to earn and redeem points, improved cooperation between Cargo businesses, and boosted capacity into their respective hubs. Air Canada has also developed a partnership with Emirates’ sister-airline, flydubai.
Upcoming Flight Services
Emirates recently began its daily Boeing 777 service between Montreal and Dubai, which complements its expanded daily Airbus A380 schedule between Toronto and Dubai. Air Canada is scheduled to start its new non-stop, four-times weekly flights between Dubai and Vancouver on October 30, 2023, with its flagship Boeing 787 Dreamliner fleet, complementing its daily service between Toronto and Dubai.
Loyalty Program Benefits
Members of Aeroplan and Skywards can earn and redeem points when traveling with Air Canada or Emirates. Additionally, eligible customers can enjoy access to priority check-in, priority boarding, and airport lounges.
Air Canada’s relocation to Terminal 3 of Dubai International is a welcome development in international air travel that marks the success of the strategic partnership between Air Canada and Emirates. This move will enable customers to enjoy improved transit experience, streamlined connections between the Americas on Air Canada and various destinations on Emirates, as well as access to dedicated check-in counters, priority