Air Serbia was formerly known as Jat Airways. It is Serbia’s national airline rebranded as Air Serbia in Aug-2013 when Etihad Airways acquired a minority stake from Serbia’s Government. It was established originally in 1927. The airline is one of the world’s oldest operating airlines and operates extensive services within Europe, the Middle East, and Africa and provides charter services through its partner airlines, and offers flights to a large number of destinations in Europe, Asia, and Africa. The airline has been a member of the International Air Transport Association (IATA) since 1961. Aside from that, they are determined to continue to play a key role in the development of aviation in Serbia, the Serbian travel industry, and the tourism industry in Serbia with the ongoing strategic changes.
The airline’s top priority is to provide exceptional quality service for passengers and provide them the company’s services with maximum comfort during their travels, regardless of the class they are flying in and this is where the role of their flight attendants fits in. Flight attendants at Air Serbia play a crucial role to meet the company’s objective and strategic goals.
- List of Requirements and Qualifications to Become an Air Serbia Flight Attendant
- Application Process
- Salary & Benefits
- Video: Cabin Crew Make-up Tutorial Based on Air Serbia’s Standards
- Photos: Air Serbia Cabin Crew Uniforms
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What is the minimum age requirement for the flight attendant position at Air Serbia?
- 2. What is the minimum educational requirement they require for their flight attendants?
- 3. What language(s) must I learn or speak when I apply for the flight attendant position at Air Serbia?
- 4. Can I still apply even if I have visible tattoos?
- 5. What skills must I have to gain a competitive advantage when applying for a flight attendant position at Air Serbia?
- 6. What essential qualities and personalities do Air Serbia is looking for in their flight attendants?
List of Requirements and Qualifications to Become an Air Serbia Flight Attendant
Flight attendants have several duties and responsibilities. These include performing all regulation cabin duties before the flight, ensuring all safety standards, preparing the cabin, serving food and beverages, assisting passengers on and off the plane as well as instructing passengers in an emergency. They also assist pilots in flight when needed and serve food and beverages to passengers. Hence, the airline is looking for responsible, reliable, and hardworking individuals who can carry on the demanding job of a flight attendant.
Below are the criteria that candidates must fit in to become eligible for the position.
- They must be at least 18 years old at the time of application submission.
- They must be fluent and proficient in English as well as in the native language of the country.
- The minimum educational requirement is a high school diploma.
- Proficiency in other languages will be considered an advantage during the selection process.
- They must also have Serbian Citizenship and a valid Serbian passport.
- They must have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must also have a positive attitude with an ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Aside from that, they must have the flexibility and the motivation to manage a demanding work schedule.
- Excellent personal presentation, image, and style.
- They must also be willing to work holidays, nights, and weekends.
Here is a step-by-step guide to help you with your application.
Step 1: Visit the company’s official website here – https://www.airserbia.com/.
Step 2: Scroll down and click “Career”.
Step 3: On the Careers page, click “Work at Air Serbia”.
Step 4: Then, click “Open positions at Air Serbia: apply here” to view available positions or job openings.
Step 5: Look for the available flight attendant position or click “Apply” on the General Application Form if the flight attendant position is not on the list.
Step 6: Then, fill out the needed information and submit it.
Step 7: Wait for a response from the hiring team. You will be contacted once your application was successful.
Salary & Benefits
Flight attendants at Air Serbia receive an estimated base pay is RSD 35,000 per month and an estimated additional pay of RSD 38,583 per month. The additional pay consists of a cash bonus, commission, tips, and profit sharing. They are also entitled to receive benefits packages such as travel perks, discounts, and allowances. Working as a flight attendant is also an opportunity to travel the world while working. The airline also offers opportunities for career growth and development.
Video: Cabin Crew Make-up Tutorial Based on Air Serbia’s Standards
This video was uploaded by a flight attendant working at Air Serbia on her YouTube channel.
This video is quite helpful since you will gain an understanding of Air Serbia’s standards when it comes to grooming and style for its flight attendants. Hence, it is recommended for you to watch the video so that you could learn in advance some few things about the airline’s policy for the flight attendant position.
Photos: Air Serbia Cabin Crew Uniforms
Check out these pictures of Air Serbia Airlines crew so you can see what they look like in uniforms:
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are some of the common questions asked about Air Serbia flight attendants.
1. What is the minimum age requirement for the flight attendant position at Air Serbia?
Applicants must be at least 18 years old at the time of application submission.
2. What is the minimum educational requirement they require for their flight attendants?
The minimum educational requirement is a high school diploma
3. What language(s) must I learn or speak when I apply for the flight attendant position at Air Serbia?
You must be fluent and proficient in English as well as in the native language of the country. Applicants who can speak multiple languages have a competitive advantage.
4. Can I still apply even if I have visible tattoos?
Visible tattoos are not allowed at Air Serbia while wearing the cabin crew uniform.
5. What skills must I have to gain a competitive advantage when applying for a flight attendant position at Air Serbia?
You must have excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
6. What essential qualities and personalities do Air Serbia is looking for in their flight attendants?
The airline is looking for candidates who are energetic, proactive, team players and have a positive attitude with an ability to provide excellent customer service.
In conclusion, working as a flight attendant is a very demanding job. It has a wide range of duties and responsibilities that flight attendants must meet and perform. Some of which include maintaining a clean cabin, explaining custom forms and passing out the required paperwork to passengers, presenting inflight sales and airline promotions, and assisting passengers in stowing baggage. They also serve food and beverages to passengers, instruct passengers on all emergency procedures and equipment; operate all emergency exits, check passenger tickets and passports, and perform all regulation cabin duties before the flight.
In terms of requirements and qualifications for the flight attendant position, it is not difficult to meet. As long as you can do the job, you have met the minimum age, education, and language requirements, the rest are skills that can be learned. You must also have excellent communication skills and basic knowledge of customer service. Aside from that, you can adapt to the fast-paced work environment and are willing to be re-assigned or relocated. Hence, if you could meet all the above requirements and qualifications, do not hesitate to apply now and work on your cabin crew dreams.