For many parents, traveling with kids can be a daunting task. It can be hard to keep them entertained on a long flight inside an airplane. Flight attendants can assist in minor ways but it is still up to you as the parent to take care of your children. There are a few ways to keep them entertained and happy during a flight. Here we share some helpful tips.
Also Read: Flight Attendant Travel Blogger – Blog about My Travel Experiences
It can be tough to keep kids entertained on a long flight. After all, there’s only so much that can be done in such a confined space. But don’t worry – there are plenty of activities you can do to help pass the time and keep your kids occupied!
- 10 Things to Help Distract Your Kids on the Flight
- Keeping Your Kids Pre-Occupied on the Plane
- Activities That Are Safe And Fun For Kids
- Planning To Make The Trip Smoother
- Bringing Along Snacks And Drinks
- What To Do If Your Child Becomes Restless Or Noisy
- Preparing For Potential Delays Or Cancellations
10 Things to Help Distract Your Kids on the Flight
1) Bring along some games – Whether it’s cards, checkers, or travel-size versions of their favorite board game, bringing some fun activities on the plane will go far in keeping them entertained.
2) Pack coloring books and crayons – Most airlines provide free coloring books and crayons for young passengers; if they don’t, bring your own. Coloring is great entertainment for hours!
3) Give them something to look forward to – Before taking off, tell your kids about some of the fun activities you plan on doing when you arrive at your destination. This will give them something to look forward to and keep them occupied until then.
4) Let them watch movies – Most airlines offer a variety of movies that can be watched in-flight, so take advantage of this and let your kids choose their favorite movie or TV show. Don’t forget headphones!
5) Encourage reading – Bring along some books, magazines, or comics for your kids to read during the flight. If they don’t like to read, try audio books – this way they can still listen to stories while enjoying the view out the window.
6) Take advantage of technology – Download some fun apps and educational games on your tablet or smartphone – this will keep them occupied and help pass the time.
7) Have a conversation – Talk to your kids about what they did at school, what their hobbies are, their favorite books and movies, etc. This is a great way to stay connected and engage with them during the flight!
8) Bring snacks – Carry food that everyone can enjoy such as pre-packaged treats, crackers, pretzels, and fruit snacks. Eating is always a great distraction!
9) Have some activities – Play rock, paper, scissors or I Spy to keep your kids moving. You can also help them stretch their arms and legs to prevent cramping from sitting in the same position for too long.
10) Take walks up and down the aisle – Encourage your kids to get out of their seats every few hours to take a walk throughout the plane. The change in scenery will help keep them entertained!
By following these tips, you’ll be sure to make your next flight as enjoyable and stress-free as possible for both you and your kids.
Keeping Your Kids Pre-Occupied on the Plane
Flying with kids can be a challenge, especially on long flights. But with a little planning, you can make the experience enjoyable for everyone.
One way to keep your kids occupied is by packing their favorite toys and books. Bringing along a new activity or game can also add some excitement and break up the monotony of the flight. Additionally, consider bringing electronic devices like tablets or handheld games to provide entertainment during the flight, but make sure to bring headphones to not disturb other passengers. Another helpful tip is to plan activities based on the scheduled flight times – for instance, if it’s a nighttime flight, pack things that are conducive to sleeping such as pillows and blankets.
If all else fails, don’t be afraid to ask for help from the flight attendants – they may have some extra activities or treats that your kids will enjoy.
Remember, a little preparation can go a long way in keeping your kids entertained throughout the flight. Overall, with some thoughtful planning and flexibility, flying with kids can be enjoyable for everyone involved.
Activities That Are Safe And Fun For Kids
Are you worried about keeping your kids entertained on your next flight? Fear not, there are plenty of activities to keep them occupied during the trip.
One option is to bring along coloring books or activity books with stickers and mazes. You can also bring a deck of cards for games like Go Fish or Old Maid. For younger kids, bringing their favorite stuffed animal or doll can provide hours of entertainment as they act out imaginary scenarios.
Other options include bringing small toys and having scavenger hunts for them to search for objects around the aircraft, or encouraging them to keep a travel journal and draw pictures of the places they see from the window.
With a little planning and creativity, you can ensure that your kids have a fun and memorable flight.
Planning To Make The Trip Smoother
One option is to pack small toys or games that they can play with in their seats. Bringing along a tablet or handheld device can also provide hours of entertainment, as long as you remember to download movies and shows beforehand. Books are another great option for quiet, individual entertainment. However, it’s also important to get your kids excited about the trip itself by discussing where you’re going and what activities you’ll be doing there. Planning can also make a big difference – opting for direct flights or scheduling layovers at airports with kid-friendly amenities can help create a smoother overall journey for everyone. When it comes to traveling with children, being prepared and staying positive can go a long way toward keeping them occupied and happy during the flight.
Bringing Along Snacks And Drinks
One way to make your flight more enjoyable for both you and your children is to bring along snacks and drinks. With just a little bit of planning, you can ensure that everyone has something to munch on during the flight.
Pack some easy grab-and-go snacks like granola bars, nuts, or fruit, as well as a reusable water bottle for each member of your family. This will save you from having to rely on overpriced airport food and also prevent any potential meltdowns from hunger (or thirst!) during the flight.
Along with some age-appropriate games or activities, these portable snacks will help keep your kids entertained and make the flight go by faster for everyone. So remember to pack a few snacks before your next trip – it will make the journey much smoother for everyone involved.
What To Do If Your Child Becomes Restless Or Noisy
I know all parents have been there – your sweet little angel becomes restless or noisy on a flight, causing frustration for both you and your fellow passengers.
So what can you do?
Firstly, bring along some small activities or toys to keep them occupied. You don’t need anything extravagant – even a regular deck of cards or coloring book can keep children amused for some time. It’s also a good idea to make sure they have plenty of snacks and drinks to keep them happy and content.
And don’t underestimate the power of headphones and a tablet loaded with their favorite shows or movies – it may just save everyone’s sanity! If all else fails, take them for a walk up and down the aisle, allowing them to stretch their legs and burn off some energy.
Remember, parenting is often about being resourceful and thinking on your feet. And remember, try not to stress about any noise or disturbance your child may cause – hopefully your fellow passengers will understand that kids will be kids!
Preparing For Potential Delays Or Cancellations
One great way to entertain your little ones is to bring along small toys and activities that can easily fit in a backpack or purse. Don’t forget about the entertainment options on your electronic devices as well – download some kid-friendly games or movies for those moments when they get restless. It’s also helpful to pack snacks and drinks, so you don’t have to rely on airport food options.
And if you can’t think of anything else, a little bit of imagination can go a long way. – try playing I Spy or creating stories together while waiting in the airport terminal. By being prepared and proactive, you can turn a potentially frustrating delay into quality family bonding time.
With a little bit of planning, you can make flying with kids a much more enjoyable experience for everyone involved. From bringing along snacks and drinks to downloading kid-friendly games and movies, there are plenty of ways to keep your little ones entertained during the flight. And if all else fails, remember that a little bit of imagination can go a long way!