If you want to work as a cabin crew member for Eurowings, there are a few requirements you’ll need to meet. First and foremost, you must be at least 18 years old and have a secondary education school diploma or equivalent. You’ll also need to be able to speak English fluently. In addition, you should be in good physical health and able to pass a medical examination. If you meet all of these requirements, then you may just have what it takes to join the Eurowings cabin crew!
Eurowings is part of the world’s largest aviation group, Lufthansa Group. It is a German low-cost airline and has a current fleet of 139 aircraft and specializes in low-cost direct flights within Europe. The airline currently offers more than 100 destinations in over 50 countries, making it the third-largest European point-to-point carrier. It has 13 locations in Germany as well as in other European countries and is the market leader at six airports.
Aside from that, Eurowings flight attendants are one of the best. Its flight attendants are highly trained professionals who provide outstanding service to passengers. They are dedicated to making sure that every passenger has a safe and comfortable flight. They are the ones who take care of the passengers during the flight and make sure they have a safe and comfortable journey.
- List of Requirements and Qualifications to Become a Eurowings Airline Cabin Crew
- Application Process
- Salary & Benefits
- Video: Eurowings Cabin Crew Team
- Photos: Eurowings Aviation Cabin Crew Uniforms
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What is the minimum age requirement to apply for a flight attendant position at Eurowings?
- 2. Is there a minimum height requirement?
- 3. What is the education requirement to become eligible to apply for a flight attendant position?
- 4. What is/are the language(s) required?
- 5. What are the skills needed to become a flight attendant?
- 6. Do they require previous customer service experience?
List of Requirements and Qualifications to Become a Eurowings Airline Cabin Crew
Flight attendants play an important role in ensuring the safety and comfort of passengers while they are onboard an aircraft. They are responsible for greeting passengers as they board the plane, providing them with information about the flight and the aircraft, and attending to their needs.
They perform various duties such as serving food and drinks, demonstrating safety procedures, and managing passenger interactions during the flight. Flight attendants must be able to remain calm and professional in challenging situations.
To become Eurowings’ flight attendant, aspiring individuals must meet the following standards, requirements, and qualifications set by the company.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- The minimum height requirement is 1.60m.
- Applicants must own a General Certificate of Secondary Education or Certificate of completion of compulsory basic secondary schooling in combination with flying or gastronomic experience.
- Applicants must be fluent in English (spoken and written), and German language skills are desirable.
- Applicants must also own an unrestricted passport, and additionally for non-EU citizens: A residence permit and working permit.
- Applicants must be in a very good overall state of health and can swim.
- Applicants must also be willing to be vaccinated against Covid 19.
- It is ideal if applicants have an EASA Cabin Crew Attestation and previous flight experience.
- Aside from that, if available, a proof of flight type, for example, a type rating certificate or flight time record with aircraft type.
- During the onboarding process, after successful application, applicants will be requested to complete a negative drug screening.
Here is a step-by-step guide to help you out with your application.
Step 1: Go to the company’s official website here – https://www.eurowings.com/en.html.
Step 2: Scroll down and click “Careers”.
Step 3: On the Careers page, click “Cabin crew online application).
Step 4: Choose your preferred cabin crew location.
Step 5: Read thoroughly the information displayed and click the “Apply” button.
Step 6: Complete and fill up the application form and submit.
Step 7: Wait for a response from the recruitment team.
Note: Unsuccessful applicants can only reapply after 12 months.
Salary & Benefits
The company offers competitive salaries and benefits for their employees, including their flight attendants. Aside from that, Eurowings provides high-quality training for new entrant flight attendants and a 100% employment contract, and a possibility to upgrade to Purser after 1 year. Flight attendants also receive 35 days of vacation, hotel stays proceedings, and allowances paid by the company.
The company also offers absence allowance during the flight service upon the first hour, 12 %Inflight sales commission, paid uniforms and equipment, ID Travel, special discounts for numerous hotels and car rental companies, and attractive travel benefits.
Video: Eurowings Cabin Crew Team
This video was uploaded by Eurowings on their official YouTube channel. This video is very helpful to aspiring flight attendants who want to join the Eurowings cabin crew team because they show here some of the duties and responsibilities of their flight attendant.
Here, they show the duties that they perform every flight from checking the cabin, assisting the arrival of passengers, and performing safety measures and instructions. Aside from that, from the beginning of the video, they show their employees from diverse countries and they treat them with respect and equal attention. Through the video, you will see what kind of customer service and skills of a flight attendant they look for in every candidate. Hence, any aspiring flight attendant needs to check out this video and see it on her own.
To know more about the company and its current job postings and listings, you can visit its website here – https://www.eurowings.com/en/information/about-us/career.html.
Photos: Eurowings Aviation Cabin Crew Uniforms
Check out these pictures of Eurowings crew so you can see what they look like in uniforms:
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are some of the common questions asked about Jazz Air:
1. What is the minimum age requirement to apply for a flight attendant position at Eurowings?
Applicants must be at least 18 years old to qualify and apply for the flight attendant position.
2. Is there a minimum height requirement?
The minimum height requirement is 1.60m.
3. What is the education requirement to become eligible to apply for a flight attendant position?
Applicants must own a General Certificate of Secondary Education or Certificate of completion of compulsory basic secondary schooling in combination with flying or a gastronomic experience.
4. What is/are the language(s) required?
Applicants must be fluent in English (spoken and written), and German language skills are desirable.
5. What are the skills needed to become a flight attendant?
Applicants must have good communication and interpersonal skills as the job requirements as well as be able to swim.
6. Do they require previous customer service experience?
Eurowings does not require previous customer service experience but it is ideal to have one.
As a flight attendant for Eurowings, you will be responsible for the safety and comfort of the passengers. You will need to be able to think on your feet and handle any situation that comes up. You will also need to be able to work long hours and deal with jet lag.
Overall, Eurowings’ requirements and qualifications for flight attendants are not different from other airlines. The airline is looking for individuals who are customer service oriented, have good communication skills, and can work well under pressure. The airline’s flight attendant requirements are not easy to fulfill but they are certainly achievable if you have the required qualifications.
With a positive attitude, cheerful disposition, and excellent customer service skills, you will be well on your way to becoming a Eurowings flight attendant. Hence, if you are interested to apply at Eurowings, be sure to keep an eye out for their job openings for a flight attendant position.