Erik G. Braathen, the former CEO of the now-defunct Norwegian flag carrier Braathens, created Flyr in the year 2020. The Norwegian CAA granted Flyr an Air Operator Certificate in June 2021, and the first flight from Oslo to Troms was performed by a Boeing 737-800. So why did they call it Flyr? The Norwegian word for flying is “Flyr.” The name symbolizes the simplicity of the business concept and the product that the said airline will offer to the market.
The airline has mentioned that based on consumer demand, the goal is to offer the most convenient air travel experience available. Perhaps the name also challenges some customers and expectations, similar to how it intends to be a challenger in the aviation sector. Since Flyr is a new airline, they haven’t publicized yet their details career site. But this little information will help you through the process.
List of Requirements and Qualifications to Become a Flyr Flight Attendant
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Your height must be proportionate to your weight.
- Must be tidy and presentable at all times.
- Ability to swim on specific distance requirements.
- Willing to undergo training.
- Must be able to stand for long hours during the flight.
- Welcoming and guiding passengers to their seats.
- You are responsible for inspecting the fleet before and after each flight.
- Checking safety equipment, the cleanliness of the aircraft, the state of the seat pockets, and the availability of all meals and supplies.
- Educate the passengers with regard to flight regulations.
- Attend to the passenger’s comfort and safety.
- Informing passengers on aircraft about safety protocol.
- Ensuring that all hand luggage is safely stored.
- Hold announcements and answer passenger inquiries during the trip.
- Serve meals and refreshments on time.
- Providing medical care and guidance to passengers.
- Providing pertinent information to passengers.
- Making flight reports after each flight.
Step 1: To get a Flight Attendant job inside Flyr, you can go here:
Step 2: Go through the web pages and check if a cabin crew position is available. Once a job post is open, apply for the position. If a Flight Attendant vacancy is posted on LinkedIn, make your own LinkedIn account for easy access.
Step 3: Prepare all the requirements or documentation needed for your application.
Step 4: If there is a job posted on their website for a cabin crew vacancy, click on “Apply” and provide all the necessary information and documentation they will ask for. Do not also forget to complete your online application with all necessary information without errors. Make sure to provide true and correct details about yourself.
Step 4: Click on submit and wait for their response.
Step 5: Once shortlisted, they will notify you through call or email. So, keep your lines up and always check for their message. You need to pass the initial interview so you can proceed to the next phase of the qualification examination.
Step 6: Once you are done with the application process and you have already passed all tests and physical examinations, the next thing is to complete the designated training. Training must be passed in order to finally enter Flyr’s fleet.
Salary and Benefits
In Norway, a Flight Attendant can expect to make roughly 414,000 NOK per year. Salaries range from 190,000 NOK (the lowest) to 658,000 NOK (the highest).
This is the average annual pay, which includes housing, transportation, and other amenities. Flight attendant pay varies greatly depending on experience, skills, gender, and region. Below is a detailed breakdown based on a variety of parameters.
Video: NEW AIRLINE! Flying with FLYR the New Norwegian Low-Cost Airline – Boeing 737, Oslo to Copenhagen
Since Flyr is one of the new airlines in the aviation industry many are getting interested in what it looks like inside. This travel vlog will walk you around the newest airline in Norway – Flyr. The vlogger who experience firsthand experience in this new airline mentioned that it exceeds the quality of service for a low-cost airline.
Photos: Flyr Cabin Crew Uniforms
Check out these pictures of Flyr crews so you can see what they look like in uniforms:
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some common questions and answers about the job requirements as a cabin crew for Flyr:
1. What if I’ve provided incomplete requirements because of the unavailability of the documentation they are asking for at the moment?
Everyone is encouraged to complete their documentation. Applicants must submit an accurate application form or risk being automatically rejected. If your requirement is still incomplete, better do something to get all you need before proceeding with your application.
2. Will I get better rates after a year?
You will. Your salary rate income depends on the following factors; length of service in the company, your position, and incentives.
3. What is the minimum and maximum height for applicants for the Flyr cabin crew?
If you will depend on Braathens Airline’s guideline which is now Flyr, the height requirements for applicants must be no shorter than 142 cm (4’8′) and no taller than 170 cm (5’7″).
4. Is there any kind of training required before working at Flyr?
Yes. You will be required to complete specific training. All airlines around the world require this.
5. Can I resubmit if my application is rejected?
Yes. You can do it as many times as you want! Simply make an effort to improve your CV and physical requirements. It is recommended that you wait for six months before reapplying.
6. Is it acceptable to wear make-up and jewelry to an interview?
You can, as long as you still appear tidy and decent.
Want to have a startup career in the field of aviation? You can try your luck now with this new airline in Norway – Flyr. The application process to become a Flight Attendant can be tough, but fulfilling as many describe it. The salary is pretty high and the benefits are indeed good and luxurious.
If you want to be a part of this company make sure to prepare all the necessary requirements and be strong enough to handle every phase of the process.