JetBlue is one of the few airlines that provide inflight internet connectivity to its passengers and the best thing about it is that it’s FREE! The service is called Fly-Fi, and it is powered by Viasat, a leading satellite internet service provider in the US. JetBlue’s Fly-Fi service offers fast and reliable internet connectivity throughout your flight, making your flight experience more enjoyable and productive.
JetBlue initially offered this internet onboard service in 2013, and the coverage has since been expanded to most of its flights. On select aircraft, passengers can enjoy high-speed internet with speeds up to 15 Mbps. The Fly-Fi network is also equipped with a router that supports multiple Wi-Fi devices, so you can watch movies, update your blog, browse the web, send emails, and more during your flight.
JetBlue’s Fly-Fi service offers passengers an easy way to connect their devices such as smartphones and tablets to the internet onboard. All you need to do is turn on your Wi-Fi-enabled device and then look for the FlyFi SSID signal available on all Fly-Fi-enabled flights.
- What is JetBlue Fly-Fi?
- What is Viasat?
- Features and Benefits JetBlue Inflight WiFi
- FlyFi.com: How to Connect to JetBlue Fly-Fi Internet
- How to Buy JetBlue Fly-Fi Plans
- Monthly JetBlue Inflight WiFi Subscription
- Amazon on JetBlue
- Video: JetBlue Economy Inflight WiFi System
- Video: Engadget Shares Inside Look at JetBlue’s Airline Satellite WiFi in an A320
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. How fast is JetBlue’s Fly-Fi service?
- 2. Does JetBlue charge for Fly-Fi inflight WiFi?
- 3. Is JetBlue Fly-Fi available on all flights?
- 4. Is there a monthly subscription for JetBlue Fly-Fi?
- 5. How do I connect to JetBlue’s Fly-Fi?
- 6. Is JetBlue’s inflight WiFi secure?
- 7. Does JetBlue offer any discounts on its in-flight Wi-Fi service?
What is JetBlue Fly-Fi?
JetBlue Fly-Fi is the airline’s inflight internet service that allows you to stay connected to the internet while flying. JetBlue’s Fly-Fi uses Viasat technology to provide high-speed internet connectivity that allows you to browse the web, stream movies and TV shows, make video calls, and even play online games seamlessly, making your entire travel experience more enjoyable.
JetBlue also offers several options for streaming entertainment during flights such as movies, TV shows, games, and more. You can access this content through Fly-Fi or via the app on your device.
The availability of Fly-Fi coverage depends on the plane type and route. JetBlue-operated flights provide coverage across the contiguous U.S. The restyled Airbus A320, A321neo, and A220 planes offer extended coverage in many parts of the Caribbean and Central America. The Airbus A321 Long Range plane provides expanded coverage for transatlantic flights.
What is Viasat?
Viasat is a California-based company that specializes in high-speed, satellite-based internet connectivity. Viasat’s innovative technology enables fast and reliable internet connectivity across land, sea, and air, making it an ideal partner for airlines like JetBlue to provide their passengers with high-quality inflight WiFi.
Features and Benefits JetBlue Inflight WiFi
Fly-Fi by Viasat provides passengers with a range of features and benefits that make their flight experience more relaxing and enjoyable. Here are some of the key features and benefits of JetBlue’s inflight WiFi service:
- High-speed internet connectivity that allows you to surf the web, stream movies and TV shows, and stay connected with friends and family during your flight.
- Seamless connectivity throughout your flight, even when flying over remote areas or oceans.
- Easy to connect – no special login or password required.
- No additional charges or hidden fees – JetBlue offers Fly-Fi to all passengers free of charge.
FlyFi.com: How to Connect to JetBlue Fly-Fi Internet
Flying with JetBlue is a breeze thanks to their FlyFi.com internet portal. To connect to this in-flight Wi-Fi system, simply follow the steps below:
- Turn on Airplane Mode and then select the “Fly-Fi” network when it appears on your device.
- Once you’ve established a connection, open up your browser and navigate to www.flyfi.com, where you will be prompted to select from one of the available plans for using the Wi-Fi throughout your flight.
- You may be required to enter your flight booking reference code and email to register. Accept the Terms and Conditions.
- After that, you’ll be able to start browsing the internet and staying connected while in the air.
Remember that even if your JetBlue flight has the Fly-Fi service available, it is limited to certain aircraft types. If you encounter an issue with connecting to Fly-Fi, feel free to contact a member of the JetBlue staff for assistance.
How to Buy JetBlue Fly-Fi Plans
To enjoy JetBlue’s inflight WiFi service, you simply need to connect to the Fly-Fi network during your flight. There is no need to purchase or pay for the service, as it is included with every JetBlue flight. Yes, it’s FREE!
Monthly JetBlue Inflight WiFi Subscription
As mentioned above, the current inflight WiFi of JetBlue Airlines is free for all passengers. There is currently no monthly subscription plans as mentioned on the official website of the airline.
Amazon on JetBlue
JetBlue has teamed up with Amazon to provide passengers with easy access to their favorite products while they are in the air. With the “Amazon on JetBlue” feature, you can shop for anything from books and magazines to electronics and toys, all without ever having to leave your seat!
The Amazon on JetBlue service is available through the Fly-Fi network during flights over certain parts of the U.S., Caribbean, Central America, and Mexico. To start shopping, simply connect to the Fly-Fi network once onboard and then launch your browser. You will be automatically taken to the Amazon on JetBlue homepage where you can browse and purchase items directly from your device. Payment options include credit cards or direct debit from your
What to Expect
- You can watch your favorite movies and TV shows on Amazon Video.
- If you make eligible dollar purchases on flights (excluding transatlantic flights), you can earn 3 TrueBlue points for each dollar spent.
- These points can be used to redeem your next award flight.
- You can also enjoy fast and free gate-to-gate Fly-Fi that is sponsored by Amazon.
Amazon Prime Video is the perfect inflight entertainment option for those seeking a diverse selection of movies and TV shows. To watch your favorites, simply connect to Fly-Fi and download the Amazon Video app onto your mobile device or tablet. Once installed, you can browse through an extensive library of Prime titles – with the occasional interruption in connection due to weather conditions, aircraft movements, or other factors.
30-Day Free Trial
With Amazon Prime Video, you can also take advantage of their 30-day free trial. Simply connect to Fly-Fi and sign up for the trial using their website – www.flyfi.com – or through the app itself once you’ve connected and selected ‘Start Free Trial’.
Supported devices for streaming content from Amazon Video inflight are limited to iOS and Android. However, if you’re having trouble streaming on either platform – such as a stuck loading screen after a few minutes – try clearing the app data first by navigating to Settings > Apps > Amazon Video, then scrolling down to Storage and tapping ‘Clear Data.’ Please note that this will delete any downloaded content on your device as well. After that, it should take up to 15 minutes for streaming to resume normally again.
Video: JetBlue Economy Inflight WiFi System
Check out this vlog by Dnoi’s Travelling Adventures where he talks about his Jetblue Economy experience and specifically talks about the internet system inside the airline. At 2:38, he talks about the WiFi system of JetBlue. He mentions that this is the best WiFi inflight there is.
Check out this video as uploaded by Engadget where they give an insider’s look at how JetBlue’s satellite powered WiFi works inside an A320 aircraft. At 2:18, you can get a glimpse of the satellite technology and how it works with the onboard internet system.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How fast is JetBlue’s Fly-Fi service?
JetBlue’s Fly-Fi service provides high-speed internet connectivity that allows for seamless web browsing, streaming, and more. However, the speed may vary based on various factors like the number of users on the network and flying altitude.
2. Does JetBlue charge for Fly-Fi inflight WiFi?
No, JetBlue provides Fly-Fi inflight WiFi service to all its passengers free of charge.
3. Is JetBlue Fly-Fi available on all flights?
While JetBlue aims to provide Fly-Fi to all its flights, some flights may not yet have the Fly-Fi service installed. For the latest information on Fly-Fi availability, check the JetBlue website or contact their customer service team.
4. Is there a monthly subscription for JetBlue Fly-Fi?
No, currently JetBlue does not offer a monthly subscription plan for its inflight WiFi service. All passengers can enjoy free access to the Fly-Fi network during their flight.
5. How do I connect to JetBlue’s Fly-Fi?
To connect to the JetBlue’s Fly-Fi network, simply turn on Airplane Mode and select the “Fly-Fi” network when it appears on your device. Once connected, open up your browser and navigate to www.flyfi.com, where you will be prompted to register with your flight booking reference code and email address before enjoying the internet connection throughout your flight journey.
6. Is JetBlue’s inflight WiFi secure?
Yes, JetBlue’s Fly-Fi network is encrypted and provides a secure connection for passengers to connect to the internet. For added security, it is recommended that you use a Virtual Private Network (VPN) when accessing sensitive information online or making financial transactions.
7. Does JetBlue offer any discounts on its in-flight Wi-Fi service?
No, currently there are no discounts available for JetBlue’s Fly-Fi inflight Wi-Fi service as it is offered free of charge to all passengers. However, some credit cards may provide exclusive offers and discounts with certain airlines including JetBlue. It is best to check your cardholder agreement or contact the credit card issuer directly
JetBlue provides a great inflight WiFi service that is not only high-speed but also free for all their passengers. With Fly-Fi, you can stay connected with friends and family during your flight without having to worry about any additional fees or charges.
The process of connecting to JetBlue’s in-flight Wi-Fi system is quite simple and easy to follow. So if you’re looking for a reliable way of staying connected while flying with JetBlue make sure to take advantage of this amazing service.