If you want to become a Northwestern Air flight attendant, there are a few requirements you must meet. First, you must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent. You must also be able to pass a background check and drug test. In addition, you must have excellent customer service skills and be able to work well under pressure. If you meet all of these requirements, then you may be eligible for a position as a Northwestern Air flight attendant.
Northwestern Air is a regional airline in Canada. The airline was founded in 2002 and has its headquarters in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Northwestern Air operates scheduled passenger services to 19 destinations in Canada and the United States. The airline has a fleet of 18 aircraft and employs over 300 people.
Also Read: What is the Difference Between Cabin Crew and Flight Attendant?
Northwestern Air is known for its high standards when it comes to hiring flight attendants. The airline only hires experienced flight attendants who have received training from a recognized institution. In addition, all flight attendants must pass a rigorous physical examination and complete a two-week training program before being hired.
- Northwestern Air Airline Flight Attendant Requirements and Qualifications
- Application Process
- Salary & Benefits
- Video: Inside a Northwestern Air Plane
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Is there an age limit to be a Northwestern Air flight attendant?
- 2. What are the physical requirements to be a Northwestern Air flight attendant?
- 3. What are the educational requirements to become a flight attendant for Northwestern Air?
- 4. What are the language requirements to become a Northwestern Airlines flight attendant?
- 5. How much experience is required to become a flight attendant for Northwestern Air?
- 6. What qualifications or skills are needed?
Northwestern Air Airline Flight Attendant Requirements and Qualifications
To become a flight attendant with Northwestern Air, you must meet the minimum requirements and qualifications set by the airline.
- Applicants must be over 18 years old to apply.
- Applicants must be able to live and work in Canada.
- Applicants must be able to speak and write in English fluently.
- Applicants must be high school graduates.
- Applicants must have a legitimate Canadian passport.
- They must also be able to meet the medical standards imposed at Northwestern Air.
- Applicants must be internet savvy.
- They must also be in good shape, mentally and physically.
- Bilingual applicants who can speak fluently in English and French will be given priority consideration.
- Applicants who also have previous charter experience are preferred.
- They must also have no affiliation with other employees currently working at Northwestern Air.
- Applicants must be willing to join the Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE).
To become a flight attendant with Northwestern Air, applicants must first meet the minimum requirements and qualifications to qualify and be eligible for the position which includes being at least 18 years of age and having a high school diploma or equivalent.
If you think you have met all the requirements and qualifications mentioned above, you can proceed to the following:
Step 1: Visit the official website of Northwestern Air and go to the Careers page.
Step 2: Find the Cabin Crew Jobs profile and fill out the application form.
Step 3: Submit your application and wait for their response.
If you are offered a job with Northwestern Air, you will be required to pass a medical examination and a background check before you can begin your training.
Salary & Benefits
Flight attendants at Northwestern Air earn a monthly salary of $1560 and above depending on their experience and skillset. They are also entitled to various types of benefits and travel perks as employees of Northwestern Air.
This includes travel benefits and discounts, medical insurance, healthcare coverage, paid time off, 401l retirement plans, and life insurance.
Flight attendants at Northwestern Air also enjoy discounted accommodations and free flights. Flight attendants at Northwestern Air are also eligible for vacation pay and sick leave.
Overall, working as a flight attendant at Northwestern Air is a good way to earn a living and enjoy some perks while working.
Video: Inside a Northwestern Air Plane
This video was uploaded by Northwestern Air on their YouTube channel and it shows their identity and how they work. This is only a short video highlighting how they ensure the safety and convenience of its passengers and customers. It also shows their commitment to providing better service for them. It also highlights what it looks like inside the aircraft.
Northwestern Air is only committed to providing the best flying experience for their customers and they aim to keep them safe and comfortable for the whole duration of their flight.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are common questions applicants have when applying for the role of a flight attendant for Northwestern Air.
1. Is there an age limit to be a Northwestern Air flight attendant?
Yes, applicants must be over 18 years old to apply as Northwestern Air flight attendants.
2. What are the physical requirements to be a Northwestern Air flight attendant?
Some of the physical requirements to be a Northwestern Air flight attendant include being in a good shape, physically and mentally. Just like any other airline, applicants must have no visible tattoos and multiple piercings while in cabin crew uniform.
3. What are the educational requirements to become a flight attendant for Northwestern Air?
To qualify and apply as a flight attendant at Northwestern Air, applicants must be at least a high school graduate and have a high school diploma or an equivalent. In addition, having a college degree is not required but they are more likely preferred.
4. What are the language requirements to become a Northwestern Airlines flight attendant?
Applicants must be fluent in speaking and writing the English language. In addition, if you can speak more than one language aside from English, that is considered an asset.
5. How much experience is required to become a flight attendant for Northwestern Air?
Experience is not required but having experience in some areas related to customer service is an advantage when applying as a Northwestern Air flight attendant.
6. What qualifications or skills are needed?
You must have good interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills. In addition, you must be patient and respectful of the diversity of culture and people. You must be able to serve the customer or passengers with utmost care and make them feel that they are valued and safe.
As a flight attendant, you will be responsible for the safety and comfort of passengers during flights. In addition to ensuring that passengers are buckled in and following safety procedures, you will also be responsible for serving food and drinks, assisting with baggage, and answering any questions that passengers may have. Flight attendants must be able to remain calm under pressure and provide excellent customer service.
Overall, the requirements to become a Northwestern Air flight attendant are not too difficult to meet. As long as you have a high school diploma, are at least 18 years old, can pass a background check, and have a clean criminal record, you should be eligible to apply for the position. Although it is not required, it would also be beneficial if you have some customer service experience.
Northwestern Air is a great airline to work for if you are looking to become a flight attendant. The requirements and qualifications are not as stringent as some of the other airlines, and the pay is competitive. The benefits package is also excellent, and you will be able to accrue vacation days quickly. If you have the cabin crew qualities such as being customer-service-oriented and have a passion for travel, then this job is definitely for you.