Iberia, a Spanish flag carrier, has announced that they are open to hiring qualified and strongly committed individuals to fit for the cabin crew position. The airline is searching for enthusiastic, proactive cabin crews to deliver the best comfort and service to their passengers while onboard.
If you’re looking for a cabin crew position at Iberia, you can check this guide as we have listed down the qualifications, requirements, roles, and responsibilities of Iberia’s cabin crew, step by step hiring process, and the expected salary they offer.
Founded in 1927, Iberia is the oldest and largest airline based in Madrid, Spain. The airline always commits to delivering the best service to its guests and securing their safety.
Today, Iberia has a fleet of more than 100 aircraft that flies to around 120 destinations in a total of 45 countries across America, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. They transport almost 2 million passengers a month, bringing them safely to their target destination.
If you’re an aspiring cabin crew at Iberian, here are the expected roles and responsibilities you need to perform once qualified onboard:
- Responsible for welcoming the Iberia passengers and guests once they board and exit the plane.
- Responsible for assisting all passengers to their respective seats
- Responsible for giving extra care and attention to certain guests, such as parents with their children, the elderly, and the disabled.
- Responsible for preparing and serving meals and drinks to all passengers of Iberia on board
- Responsible for delivering the aircraft’s safety measures, including checking all passenger’s safety and comfort while onboard
- Responsible for showcasing how to utilize emergency equipment to all passengers and guests onboard
- Responsible for administering first aid, if needed, to passengers
- Responsible for dealing with any unexpected issues or emergencies while onboard
- Responsible for giving passengers magazines, newspapers, and other in-flight entertainment
- The aspiring cabin crew at Iberia must be 18 years old and above.
- The aspiring cabin crew at Iberia must be at least 1.65m in height for women or 1.75m in height for men.
- The aspiring cabin crew at Iberia must possess a high level of English and Spanish language ability.
- The aspiring cabin crew at Iberia should have a High school diploma or higher education.
- The aspiring cabin crew at Iberia must be physically fit.
- The aspiring cabin crew at Iberia should have the ability to swim at least 100 m in a limited time (2 minutes and 30 seconds).
- The aspiring cabin crew at Iberia must have an excellent personal presentation.
- The aspiring cabin crew at Iberia must possess a valid passport with no travel restrictions to other countries.
- The aspiring cabin crew at Iberia must have a working permit to work freely in Spain.
- The aspiring cabin crew at Iberia must possess an excellent attitude and customer service skills.
Document Requirements to Prepare
- Most updated CV/Resume
- Valid Passport
- Most updated cover letter
- High school diploma or any equivalent documents
- Working permit certificate in Spain
- Additional documents
How to Become a Cabin Crew for Iberia
If you think you’re qualified for the cabin crew position at Iberia, here are the detailed steps of the hiring process, especially where to start sending your application.
Step 1 – Submit Online Application
The first thing you need to do is visit Iberia’s official career website. You can click this link www.iberia.com to direct to their career lead page. Check for any available cabin crew position and until when the airline is hiring. Note that the airline only accepts and processes applications submitted via their site.
Don’t forget to read the job description on the landing page before submitting your application. You need to fill out your personal information and answer a few questions to assess if you are knowledgeable about the role.
You also need to upload your CV and cover late. That said, make sure to prepare these documents first and make them impressive. Remember that the recruiter will have their first impression on your personal and background details listed on your CV, so make sure to do your best writing it.
When you finish filling out the required information, simply click the submit button. Then, expect an email confirming that they have received your application and wait for the next step once you pass the initial assessment.
Step 2 – The Video Interview
If the recruiters are satisfied with your application, they will send you an email inviting you for a video interview. However, don’t panic, as this is usually a pre-recording video. All instructions, including questions for the pre-recorded video interview, are indicated inside the email they sent to you.
Even though it is a pre-recorded video interview, you should always do your best to impress the recruiter. As much as possible, practice, and practice until you become comfortable being in front of the camera and answering all the given questions confidently. Also, make sure to allow enough time for this video interview. Just give your best shots so you won’t regret it at the end of the day.
On the other hand, if you didn’t make it to the next step of the hiring process, the recruitment team will still send you an email with a few feedback to improve more for the next time applying for the cabin crew role.
Step 3 – The Assessment Day
If you have passed the video interview, expect to receive a new email from the recruiting team inviting you on the assessment day. This is perhaps one of the most critical parts of your application, so make sure to prepare yourself and equip yourself with the necessary knowledge about the airline and your position as a cabin crew.
The assessment day usually consists of a presentation regarding the airline, your future cabin crew position descriptions, and some group activities. These group exercises typically include discussion and role-play on customer-service assistance to guests and passengers onboard.
There will also be a height and reach test on the same day. The recruitment team will also check if you have piercing and visible tattoos. Your documents, qualifications, and permit to work in Spain will also be assessed and reviewed on the assessment day.
Step 4 –The Final Interview
The recruiting team will pick those qualified candidates to proceed to the final interview on the same day as the assessment day. So, make sure to prepare for the final interview even though you’re not yet sure about the result of the assessment day.
The final interview will usually take around 30-40 minutes. The recruitment team will be asking you more in-depth questions to assess if you’re really suitable for the cabin crew position. This is your last chance to demonstrate to the recruiters that you are capable and fit for the role and the person they want to be part of their cabin crew team.
When the final interview is done, the recruitment team will again assess your whole application and performance. Do not worry as you won’t wait long to know the result. They claim to release the result within a week after the assessment day. You will receive an email whether you make it or not.
Step 5– Final Checks
If you make it to get the cabin crew role at Iberia, then expect an email from the recruitment team informing you of the next steps. However, usually, you need to undergo two primary checks, the medical and background check before the airline will invite you for a training period.
Once the background checks are done and successful, the airline will now send you an invitation to schedule your pre-employment training. Typically, it will take around six weeks for the training to finish. You will be trained and educated with everything you need to know once onboard.
Monthly Salary of an Iberia Cabin Crew
Iberia’s newly hired cabin crew usually receives a basic salary of €1,914 per month. But it can increase up to €2,328 and higher depending on factors like years of employment, holiday work, etc. If you add some bonuses and extra compensation, a cabin crew at Iberia can receive an average salary of €2,055 per month.
Other Benefits Of An Iberia Cabin Crew
- Insurance benefit
- Retirement benefit
- Employment discount
- Maternity and Paternity leave
- Vacation leave
- Paid time off
Here are some of the key takeaways from the video uploaded by an experienced cabin crew.
- Always follow a dress code.
- Make sure to look well-groomed.
- Ensure your posture, facial expressions, and tone of voice.
- Don’t forget to be confident. Always trust yourself that you can do it.
- Always smile all the time.
Disclaimer: This is a video uploaded by a flight attendant vlogger who shared her experience being a cabin crew member. Take note that every crew has a different experience, but this will help give you an idea what to expect when you work for iberia.
Photos: Iberia Cabin Crew in Uniform
Check out these beautiful pictures of Iberia airlines flight attendants in uniform. If you wish to imagine yourself being part of this company, check out these photos to give you an idea about working for this airline:
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some common questions and answers about the hiring process in Iberia airways:
1. How do I apply as a Cabin Crew at Iberia?
The first thing you need to do is visit their official career website to check available cabin crew positions. You can visit this link www.iberia.com. Then, you need to fill out your personal information, including uploading your updated CV and cover letter. Simply submit it all via their official website and wait for a response to your application if you make it to the next round.
2. Is there any height requirement before applying as a cabin crew at Iberia?
Unfortunately, yes, there is a height requirement. The airline requires aspiring cabin crew applicants to be at least 1.65m in height for women or 1.75m for men.
3. How long does it take to process my application at Iberia?
Since there are a huge number of applicants for the cabin crew position, the airline is trying its best to answer and respond to your applications. Do not worry, as they will respond to every single applicant they receive, whether you make it or not for the next round.
4. What documents do I need to prepare before I can apply as a cabin crew at Iberia?
You can check all the documents listed above or directly visit Iberia’s official career page for more information.
5. What are the cabin crew requirements before I can apply as a cabin crew at Iberia?
All Iberia’s cabin crew role requirements are listed above. You can always check it.
6. Is there any age requirement before applying as a cabin crew at Iberia?
Yes, there is. The airline requires all aspiring cabin crew to be 18 years old and above.
7. Do I need to have a high skill in English and Spanish before I can apply as cabin crew at Iberia?
Yes, the airline requires their cabin crew to be well-versed and spoken in English and Spanish for local and international flights.
8. How much is the expected basic salary of a cabin crew at Iberia?
If adding bonuses and extra compensation, a cabin crew at Iberia can receive an average salary of €2,055 per month.
9. How long does the final interview take?
Iberia’s recruitment team makes sure to assess every applicant and ask them more in-depth questions. So, basically, the final interview lasts around 30-40 minutes.
10. How long does the cabin crew training last at Iberia?
The airline provides the training for up to two months to ensure all cabin crew are well-trained and educated before having them on board.
Iberia is a Spanish flag carrier with a fleet of more than 100 aircraft that flies to around 120 destinations in 45 countries. The airline ensures to stick to its mission to deliver the best service and secure the safety of all its guests and passengers.
Recently, Iberia has announced hiring for the cabin crew position. They are searching for qualified and self-driven cabin crews to deliver the best safety and service to their passengers while onboard.
If you aspire to work as a cabin crew at Iberia, the qualifications, requirements, roles, and responsibilities of Iberia’s cabin crew, the step-by-step hiring process, and the expected salary they offer are all listed above.
Address: Apdo. Correos 62033 28080 Madrid, Spain
Telephone Number: +34 900 111 500