If you are one of the aspiring cabin crew to work at the flag carrier of Japan, Japan Airlines, then you’re so lucky. Japan Airlines or popularly known as “JAL,” is now looking for a new cabin crew to join their team. Any aspiring applicants must pass their qualifications and standards and are responsible for performing their duties to provide the best service and care to passengers while onboard.
As Japan Airlines’ cabin crew, you are expected to be flexible all the time. You should be willing to work on any available schedule assigned to you, whether it may be on weekends, early in the mornings, or during holidays. So, if you think you are competent and qualified to be a cabin crew at Japan Airlines, start sending your application now. Also, we have written this guide to help you with your journey of becoming a Japan Airlines cabin crew in the future.
- Document Requirements to Prepare
- Where to Apply for a Cabin Crew Position for Japan Airlines?
- How to Become a Cabin Crew for Japan Airlines
- Monthly Salary a Japan Airlines Flight Attendant
- Video: Tips about Flight Attendant Hiring
- Photos: Japan Airlines Cabin Crew in Uniform
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. How can I apply as a Cabin Crew at Japan Airlines?
- 2. What are the documents that I need to prepare before I am able to apply for a Cabin Crew role at Japan Airlines?
- 3. Do Japan Airlines require a minimum height requirement?
- 4. Is it necessary to have a bachelor’s degree before I can apply for a cabin crew role at Japan Airlines?
- 5. How much is the average salary of a cabin crew at Japan Airlines?
- 6. What are the qualifications of a cabin crew at Japan Airlines?
- 7. Is there any age limit before I can apply as a cabin crew at Japan Airlines?
- 8. Do I need to be fluent in English and other languages before I can apply as a cabin crew at Japan Airlines?
- 9. How long does the cabin crew training last at Japan Airlines?
- 10. Do Japan Airlines conduct a background check on all qualified cabin crews?
- Contact Information
Japan Airlines (JAL) is the national flag carrier and is also recognized as the second-largest airline operating in Japan. It was officially established in the year 1953 as the national carrier in the country. The airline is best known for the high-quality care and premium service they never fail to provide to all of their passengers while onboard. They also ensure the safety of their guests, taking them to their target destination on time.
In 2020, Japan Airlines was awarded by Tripadvisor as the best airline operating in Japan. They are now operating over 26,000 domestic flights and 4,500 international flights. The airline always makes sure to stick to its values to only offer the best experience to flying to all passengers on board.
As a cabin crew at Japan Airlines, you are always expected to perform well, especially in giving the best care, comfort, and service to all domestic and international flights passengers. That said, you are expected to perform these duties on board:
- Responsible for conducting pre and post-JAL flight checks
- Responsible for assisting all JAL passengers in deplaning
- Responsible for providing the best care and service to all passengers on board
- Responsible for securing the passengers’ safety while onboard
- Responsible for educating all passengers about the aviation rules of JAL
- Responsible for checking and monitoring the JAL equipment and seat pockets, if it is up to date
- Responsible for preparing and serving food and drinks to all passengers
- Responsible for checking if the food stocks are on board
- Greet and welcome all the Japan Airlines passengers warmly
- Responsible for informing all passengers about JAL safety procedures, including checking the hand baggage stored securely in a particular place
- Responsible for maintaining the tidy and cleanliness of the aircraft
- Responsible for preparing JAL flight report
- Taking the initiative to solve issues and emergency situations on board
- Responsible for providing medical care to passengers in need
- Responsible for assisting passengers with difficulties such as elderly, parents with babies or children on board, and persons with disability
If you’re aspiring JAL cabin crew, here are the qualifications that you must meet:
- Aspiring applicants must be aged 20 to 28 years old
- Aspiring applicants must have at least 3 GCE’ O’ levels with 650 points TOEIC score
- Aspiring applicants must be able to speak Mandarin and English for Mandarin passengers. Japanese speaking ability will be an advantage.
- Aspiring applicants must be a holder of a valid passport
- Aspiring applicants must be at least 210 cm on tiptoes and have 1.58 meters in height
- Aspiring applicants must have a good skin condition
- Aspiring applicants must pass the pre-employment medical examination
- Aspiring applicants must have a pleasant personality at work
- Aspiring applicants should have zero past criminal record
- Aspiring applicants should not have dental braces
- Aspiring applicants should not have tattoos
- Aspiring applicants should not have glasses, but contact lenses are allowed.
- Aspiring applicants must have a positive attitude at work
- Aspiring applicants must have a higher level of education
Document Requirements to Prepare
Aspiring cabin crew at Japan Airlines must prepare the following documents upon applying for the said position:
- Updated CV/Resume (personal background, complete contact details, complete educational background, complete training, and work history, indicate at least 3 references with complete contact information)
- Valid Passport
- Birth Certificate
- Transcript of Records
- School diploma
- Work-related Training Certificates, if any available
- Certificate of Employment related to the desired job position, if any available
- 2×2 colored picture
- Full Body shot colored (Photo taken at the studio is not preferred by the recruiter)
- Application letter
Where to Apply for a Cabin Crew Position for Japan Airlines?
You can apply as a cabin crew member for Loganair online through their careers page here – https://www.jal.co.jp/ar/en/career/.
Below is a screenshot of the Careers Page:
How to Become a Cabin Crew for Japan Airlines
If you want to start your cabin crew career at Japan Airlines, start sending your application now. Here are the easy-to-follow steps of the flow of their hiring process:
Step 1: Online Application
The first step you need to do is to submit an application online to Japan Airlines’ official career website. Simply visit www.jal.com. From there, you need to click the link intended for Japan Airlines Cabin Crew positions. Next, you need to choose the JAL Cabin Crew Employment Job Profile.
Afterward, you need to fill out the Japan Airlines Cabin Crew application. You must read all the instructions carefully so that you will not miss any important parts in the application form. Once you are done filling out the application form, simply click the submit button and wait for a few seconds to finish sending it. Then, don’t forget to take a printout copy of your JAL Cabin Crew application form for use in the future.
The next thing you need to do is to wait for the response from the recruiting team if you have passed the initial assessment and are invited for the next round, which is the first interview. Just a little note that due to the increasing number of applicants every day, you should expect that it will take some time for the recruiting team to send an email response to you. However, do not worry, as the Japan Airlines recruiting team will surely respond to your application even if it takes some time.
In addition, do not forget to prepare your most updated CV and application letter before deciding to fill out the JAL Cabin Crew application form, as you also need to attach these two files. Make sure to create an impressive CV and application letter, as the recruiter’s first impression lies in your submitted documents. But don’t ever white lie to avoid issues in the future.
Step 2: First Interview
After the Japan Airlines recruiting team has closed the online applications, they will now start assessing all of the applicant’s submitted profiles. If you’re one of the successful candidates for a cabin crew position at Japan Airlines, expect to receive an email. This is an official invitation asking you to participate in the first round of interviews.
Before the actual interview, the recruiter will check and measure your height first. This is to ensure that you have met the height requirements of 1.58 meters. Once you have passed the height assessment, they will give you a candidate number that you need to wear.
The first round of interviews will be a brief one and is conducted to assess and know more about you. The recruit will be asking you to introduce yourself in front of other applicants. They will also be asking a few questions based on the application you have submitted.
Next up, before you call it a day, the recruiters will be asking you to complete a verbal Mandarin examination. This will be in a one-to-one test, so expect that the interviewer will be assessing your adequacy in speaking Mandarin. Afterward, you are now allowed to end the day and just wait for the result of the first-round interview. On the off chance that you’ve successfully passed the first round, an email will be sent to you. It is another invitation for the next round, which is the final interview.
Step 3: Final Interview
Congratulations on passing the first round of interviews at Japan Airlines Cabin Crew recruitment!
If you’re one of the successful applicants, the recruiting team will be sending you an email shortly. This is an invitation asking you to join us for the final interview. So, be prepared before the schedule comes the next day.
In the final interview, the questions being asked are most likely about the company, its core values while onboard, and why you want to work at Japan Airlines as a cabin crew. After a series of questions, the interviewer will now end the conversation and ask you for the next assessment.
The recruiting team will be asking you to change into a t-shirt and shorts to check and assess your skin. Note that having good skin is one of the qualifications of Japan Lines before you can be qualified as a cabin crew to work in their company. This is also a time for them to assess if you don’t have tattoos and so on.
On the off chance that you pass the skin check, the recruiting team will ask you then to have a medical check-up. You are also required to run drug tests, and a background check will be conducted. This is actually what takes a long time before you can finally receive a job offer from Japan Airlines. But don’t worry, once you have passed all the requirements and assessments, a Cabin Crew career is waiting for you at the doorstep.
Step 4: Training
Japan Airlines will have you on training on board once you’ve passed the medical check-up, drug tests, and background check. This will be a 3-month training, which aims to equip you with the necessary skills and knowledge about your role while onboard.
One considered challenging part of the training is learning the Japanese language, especially if you have minimal knowledge of the language while joining the training. However, along the way, you will surely love learning it, more particularly learning the culture of the Japanese folks. Plus, this is the most crucial part of your career as a cabin crew at Japan Airlines.
After the training, you are expected to be ready onboard. The senior cabin crew will be responsible for checking and, if needed, remind you of sets of roles and responsibilities as a cabin crew in the flight. Your ultimate goal is to provide the best of the best care, comfort, and service to all passengers while taking them to their target destinations.
Monthly Salary a Japan Airlines Flight Attendant
A Cabin Crew at Japan Airlines receives an average salary of ¥312,505-¥593,200. Of course, the salary always depends on the years of service in the airline.
Aside from that, a cabin crew can also receive numerous perks and benefits from the company. These are:
- Healthcare coverage
- Vacation leave
- Vision and dental
- Medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Other employee’s perks
Video: Tips about Flight Attendant Hiring
Here’s a video that you can watch to get insights on how you can apply for a cabin crew position anywhere in the world.
Here’s her tips:
- Be prepared all the time.
- Do the research and read the company’s profile before the day of the final interview.
- Be presentable
- Participate in all activities during the Assessment day
- Be friendly, and show your interest in the activity
Disclaimer: This is a video uploaded by a flight attendant vlogger who shared her experience being a cabin crew member. Take note that every crew has a different experience, but this will help give you an idea what to expect when you work for Japan Airlines.
Photos: Japan Airlines Cabin Crew in Uniform
Check out these beautiful pictures of Japan Airlines flight attendants in uniform. If you wish to imagine yourself being part of this company, check out these photos to give you a glimpse of working for this airline:
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some common questions and answers about the hiring process in Japan Airlines:
1. How can I apply as a Cabin Crew at Japan Airlines?
Answer: First, you need to submit an application online. Just visit the Japan Airlines office career website to look for job openings and hiring dates. Look for the application form once you land on the JAL Cabin Crew Employment Profile. Fill out the form and then simply submit it. You also need to prepare your most recent CV or Resume together with the application letter as part of the initial assessment.
2. What are the documents that I need to prepare before I am able to apply for a Cabin Crew role at Japan Airlines?
Answer: All of the important documents for a cabin crew role at Japan Airlines are listed above. You can check it.
3. Do Japan Airlines require a minimum height requirement?
Answer: Definitely Yes, Japan Airlines requires at least 1.58 meters in height for any aspiring applicants. If you think you’re qualified, then send an application now.
4. Is it necessary to have a bachelor’s degree before I can apply for a cabin crew role at Japan Airlines?
Answer: As mentioned above, one of the requirements of Japan Airlines is a transcript of record and a school diploma. So basically, you really need to earn a degree before you can be part of the JAL Cabin Crew team.
5. How much is the average salary of a cabin crew at Japan Airlines?
Answer: A Cabin Crew at Japan Airlines gets paid an average salary of ¥312,505-¥593,200. It will increase upon years of employment and, of course, promotion. Not only that but a cabin crew is also entitled to a lot of perks and benefits given by the company.
6. What are the qualifications of a cabin crew at Japan Airlines?
Answer: You can find all the qualifications above. We have listed all the qualifications set by Japan Airlines to all aspiring cabin crews to be part of their team.
7. Is there any age limit before I can apply as a cabin crew at Japan Airlines?
Answer: Yes, Japan Airlines requires a minimum age of 20 up to 28 before you can apply for a cabin crew position at their company.
8. Do I need to be fluent in English and other languages before I can apply as a cabin crew at Japan Airlines?
Answer: Yes, one of the qualifications is to be fluent in Mandarin and English. Japanese language proficiency is a great advantage, too, since you will be receiving education about it during your training.
9. How long does the cabin crew training last at Japan Airlines?
Answer: Japan Airlines provides a 3-month training to all of the qualified cabin crews to prepare and equip them with the necessary knowledge and skills about their role.
10. Do Japan Airlines conduct a background check on all qualified cabin crews?
Answer: Yes, Japan Airlines definitely conducts a background check for all aspiring cabin crews who passed the recruitment process. This is done before they are finally invited for training onboard.
Japan Airlines is one of the largest airlines operating in Japan today. The airline operates more than 4,500 flights internationally and 26,500 domestically. Japan Airlines always sticks to its values of providing premium and high-quality care and service all of their guests onboard. That being said, it is not surprising why they received an award as Best Airline in Japan . This was awarded by Tripadvisor in 2020.
If you’re looking forward to being part of the cabin crew members of the Japan Airlines, don’t think twice, instead send your application now. We have listed above all the necessary information you need on your journey.
Address: Japan Airlines Customer Support Office
NRE Tennozu Building, 2-4-11 Higashishinagawa, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo 140-8637, Japan
Telephone Number: 4008-88-5301<86>(021)5467-4533 from overseas (English), 4001-27-2470<86>(021)5467-4532 from overseas (Japanese)