Virgin Australia is the second largest airline in Australia, and they have some of the best cabin crew in the world. Their cabin crew members are highly trained and experienced professionals who take pride in providing excellent service to all passengers.
From the warm welcome and farewells on board to the personalized attention and care given to each passenger, the Virgin Australia flight attendant does everything to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable flight. As part of that commitment, the company constantly seeks qualified and enthusiastic cabin crew members to join its team.
The airline company is a great workplace, providing its staff with competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and a supportive working environment. Cabin crew members enjoy traveling, meeting new people, and experiencing new cultures.
- Overview of Virgin Australia
- Responsibilities of a Virgin Australia Flight Attendant
- Qualifications to Become an Virgin Australia Cabin Crew
- Requirements to Prepare
- Where to Apply for a Job for Virgin Australia Online?
- Step-by-Step Process Application to Become a Cabin Crew For Virgin Australia
- Monthly Salary of an Virgin Australia Flight Attendant
- Video: Training Day at Virgin Australia
- Photos: Virgin Australia Flight Attendant Photos
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. How long does the application for the Virgin Australia cabin crew position take?
- 2. Can I apply as a part-time cabin crew for Virgin Australia?
- 3. Can I apply even if I do not reach the minimum reach requirement?
- 4. What is the work schedule of a Virgil Australia cabin crew?
- 5. Can I apply if I have a tattoo?
- 6. How long is the validity of the certificates that you require?
- 7. Is there an onsite application for Virgin Australia cabin crew?
- 8. What are the major skills required to be part of the Virgin Australia cabin crew?
- Contact Information
Overview of Virgin Australia
Virgin Australia, the second-largest airline in Australia, is known for its commitment to excellent customer service and modern, cutting-edge aircraft. The airline has a strong presence in the domestic market and is steadily expanding its international reach. From its humble beginnings in 2000, Virgin Australia has grown to become one of the leading air carriers in the country.
The airline aimed to provide a low-cost, high-quality alternative to the existing domestic carriers. Since then, Virgin Australia has steadily grown and now operates a fleet of 94 aircraft to domestic and international destinations.
Virgin Australia is renowned for its customer service and modern, comfortable aircraft. The airline is committed to providing a comfortable experience for passengers, from its spacious seats to its attentive cabin crew.
Responsibilities of a Virgin Australia Flight Attendant
The airline is committed to providing a comfortable experience for passengers, from its spacious seats to its attentive cabin crew. As a cabin crew member, you must complete a range of tasks. Here are the major responsibilities of a Virgin Australia cabin crew member:
- Carry out pre-flight safety checks
- Greet boarding passengers
- Demonstrate safety procedures
- Prepare and serve meals and drinks
- Ensure the cleanliness of the aircraft
- Provide emergency medical assistance
- Answer flight inquiries
- Deal with any passenger requests or complaints
- Help with the disembarkation of passengers at the end of the flight
Qualifications to Become an Virgin Australia Cabin Crew
If you think you can attend to the responsibilities of a Virgin Australia cabin crew, you’ll need to meet some specific qualifications.
- Has been employed consistently in the last three years
- A valid passport within 18 months
- Possess a Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate
- Possess an Australian First Aid Certificate with CPR
- Should be an Australian, New Zealand citizen, or a valid permanent resident in Australia
- With a minimum reach of 180cm
Requirements to Prepare
The exact qualifications and requirements may vary by position, but some standards apply to all cabin crew applicants. Aside from proof of previous employment and passport, you should also meet the following.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with passengers and other crew members
- Must be physically and mentally fit
- Can stand for long periods
- Has an excellent customer service attitude
- Must be comfortable with flying and be able to work in a high-pressure environment
- Must have no criminal convictions
- Must be able to travel to different countries and be able to move quickly between destinations
If you meet all if these qualifications and requirements, you may be eligible for a position as a cabin crew member with Virgin Australia. Virgin Australia offers competitive salaries and benefits and has a great reputation as one of the leading airlines in the world.
Where to Apply for a Job for Virgin Australia Online?
If you’re looking for the most convenient way to apply as a Cabin Crew for Virgin Australia, you can check out its website at https://www.virginaustralia.com/au/en/#/ and go to their Careers Page.
Step-by-Step Process Application to Become a Cabin Crew For Virgin Australia
Working as a cabin crew member with Virgin Australia is an exciting and rewarding experience, and it all starts with the application process. Here’s how to start your career as a cabin crew member with Virgin Australia.
Step 1: Ensure that you are eligible for the position.
The first step in applying for a role as a cabin crew with Virgin Australia is to ensure that you meet all the requirements. These include being at least 18 years old, being able to speak, read and write English fluently, having a valid passport, and having the physical ability to perform the duties of a cabin crew member.
Step 2: Prepare the required documentation.
You’ll also need to gather the necessary documents to apply. This includes a resume, a valid passport or permanent residency visa, RSA and Australian first-aid certificates, and other documentary requirements.
Step 3: Submit your application
Once you’ve gathered all the required documents, you can submit your application online. Make sure to accurately fill out all the information and include any additional documents such as certificates or awards. A cover letter is also required when you submit your application. Ensure to give the best pitch on why Virgin Australia should choose you as their new cabin crew member.
To get an edge over other applicants, ensure that your resume summarizes all the details of your employment history. Include a few bullet points on each previous job. In addition, you must also include two work references that the airline company may contact.
Step 4: Attend the recruitment day.
Aside from the online applications, Virgin Australia hosts recruitment days for cabin crew members. You need to bring the required documentation and a completed application form.
This is where you’ll be asked to complete various tasks and assessments to demonstrate your knowledge, skills, and abilities. Virgin Australia will be evaluating you on how you perform tasks and how you can interact with other people.
Step 5: Attend the interview
If your application succeeds, you’ll be invited to an interview with Virgin Australia. During the interview, you’ll be asked questions about your experience and qualifications, as well as about your customer service skills and ability to work in a team.
Step 6: Complete the training program
If you are offered a position as a cabin crew member with Virgin Australia, you’ll need to complete the airline’s mandatory training program. This program will include safety and customer service training and other important topics.
Once you’ve completed all the training, you can start your role as a cabin crew member with Virgin Australia.
Monthly Salary of an Virgin Australia Flight Attendant
As a global airline, Virgin Australia offers competitive salaries and benefits to its cabin crew, ensuring they are well taken care of in the air and on the ground. Cabin crew members enjoy a variety of perks and rewards, including competitive pay, generous vacation time, and health insurance benefits.
The base salary for a cabin crew member starts at around $45,000 per year. An additional bonus and commission will also be included, if applicable.
In addition to a competitive salary, cabin crew at Virgin Australia also enjoy various benefits. You get to have $1000 worth of credits in discounted travel for you and your family. Well-being support and physiotherapy are also given to cabin crew members. You can also access various discounts on travel insurance and shopping.
Video: Training Day at Virgin Australia
As a new member of the Virgin Australia cabin crew, you will receive extensive training before the beginning of your duties. This includes both in-classroom and in-flight training, as well as safety and emergency procedures. This video teaches them how to properly use the aircraft’s safety equipment and perform in an emergency.
The rigorous training process ensures that Virgin Australia cabin crew are well prepared to handle any situation that may arise during a flight.
Photos: Virgin Australia Flight Attendant Photos
Check out these photos of Virgin AU Flight Attendants in uniform:
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long does the application for the Virgin Australia cabin crew position take?
There is no definite period for the application process. Depending on the business operations and urgency, the application process may take longer than expected.
2. Can I apply as a part-time cabin crew for Virgin Australia?
As of the moment, Virgin Australia only accepts applicants that are open for a full-time position.
3. Can I apply even if I do not reach the minimum reach requirement?
Due to safety reasons, cabin crew members should be able to reach 180cm. One of the responsibilities of a cabin crew is assisting passengers with their luggage stored in the overhead cabin.
4. What is the work schedule of a Virgil Australia cabin crew?
The schedule of a cabin crew depends on their assigned flights. It can be a flight at midnight, on weekends, and on holidays.
5. Can I apply if I have a tattoo?
Tattoos should not be visible when wearing the Virgin Australia cabin crew uniform.
6. How long is the validity of the certificates that you require?
The RSA and Australian First Aid certificates should be valid for six months.
7. Is there an onsite application for Virgin Australia cabin crew?
Applications are made online. However, the activities during the recruitment day will be onsite.
8. What are the major skills required to be part of the Virgin Australia cabin crew?
All applicants are expected to have excellent customer service and communication skills.
The application process for Virgin Australia cabin crew positions may look complex, but being a part of the Virgin Australia team is a rewarding experience. You can explore the world, meet fascinating people, and gain valuable knowledge and experience. If you complete the training program and meet all requirements, you will be offered a Virgin Australia cabin crew member position.
Address: Level 11, 275 Grey Street, South Brisbane, Queensland 4101
Telephone Number: +61 7 3295 2296