If you’re applying for a job as a flight attendant, you can expect to be asked in your interview why you would be a good fit for the job. After all, being a flight attendant is more than just serving drinks and collecting trash; it’s about providing keeping passengers safe in an often chaotic environment. Answering this question well can help you land the job, so it’s important to take some time to prepare your response beforehand.
Take note that the question “Why Would You Be a Good Flight Attendant?” is different from the question “Why do you want to become a flight attendant?”. The latter is more focused on your motivations for the job, while the former is about whether you have the right skills and personality for the role.
This question is also similar to “What makes you a good fit for the position?” or “What makes you the best candidate for the job?” and it tackles more on the attributes and qualities that a good flight attendant should have that you possess.
Why do airline companies ask this question?
Airline companies want to know if you have what it takes to do the job well. They are looking for qualities that you possess that are important in a flight attendant. They want to gauge if you understand the role of a cabin crew during a flight and that you have an idea already of the responsibilities that come with the job.
After all, being a flight attendant is more than just looking glamorous and polished while greeting passengers. It’s also beyond the travel lifestyle and free or discounted airfares that come with the job.
It’s a demanding job that requires you to be able to think on your feet, keep a cool head under pressure, and be able to put the needs of others above your own.
Interviewers will also want to know if you will be an asset to their team and if you will take the job seriously.
Do you have excellent customer service skills, the ability to stay calm under pressure, and the ability to think on your feet? These are some pointers that you should focus on when you answer this question.
Also Read: How to Answer: Tell Me About a Time You Dealt with a Difficult Customer
How to answer the question: “Why would you be a good fit for the job?”
Once you have an idea of what qualities and skills airline companies are looking for, you can start preparing your answer.
Think About Your Skills and Qualities
When preparing to answer this question, it’s helpful to first think about what skills and qualities make a good flight attendant. customer service skills, good communication skills, the ability to stay calm under pressure, and the ability to work well as part of a team are all qualities that will come in handy as a flight attendant. If you have these qualities, be sure to mention them in your answer.
Talk About Your passions
In addition to highlighting your skills, it’s also important to talk about why you’re passionate about being a flight attendant. Do you love traveling and meeting new people? Are you excited about the opportunity to work as part of a team and provide an excellent experience for passengers? Whatever your reasons may be, be sure to share them in your answer. Your interviewer will want to see that you have more than just the minimum qualifications for the job; they’ll want to see that you’re truly enthusiastic about it.
Share a specific example
To really drive home your point, try sharing a specific example of a time when you demonstrated one of the qualities mentioned above. Did you go above and beyond to help a customer during your previous job? Did you diffuse a tense situation with another co-worker? Did you stay calm and collected when dealing with an irate customer? Share stories like these to illustrate why you would be a great flight attendant.
Sample Answers: Why Would You Be a Good Flight Attendant?
- “I have excellent customer service skills and I’m passionate about providing an excellent experience for passengers. I truly believe that I would be an asset to your team.” “I have the ability to stay calm under pressure and I’m always looking for ways to improve the experience of customers. I think this demonstrates why I would be a good fit for the job.”
- “I understand what it takes to be a flight attendant and I’m confident that I have the skills and qualities that you’re looking for. I’m excited about the opportunity to work as part of a team and provide an excellent experience for passengers.”
- “I believe that I would be a good fit for the job because of my customer service skills and my ability to work well under pressure. I’ve worked in customer-facing roles for most of my career and I’m confident that I have the skills that you’re looking for.”
- “I have a passion for travel and I’m excited about the opportunity to meet new people from all over the world. I believe that my customer service skills and my ability to stay calm under pressure would make me an excellent flight attendant.”
- “I have excellent customer service skills and I’m passionate about providing an excellent experience for passengers. I truly believe that I would be an asset to your team.””I have the ability to stay calm under pressure and I’m always looking for ways to improve the passenger experience. In my previous job, I diffused a tense situation with another co-worker. I think this demonstrates why I would be a good fit for the job.”
- “I am aware that the job is not all about travel and luxury. Being a flight attendant is a physical job and it requires me to be calm under pressure. I understand that I should the role is to ensure the safety of passengers on top of providing customer service with finesse. I have the endurance to handle long days and nights, as well as the ability to think quickly on my feet. That being said, I know that I have what it takes to be a good flight attendant.”
- “I genuinely enjoy working with people and I get a lot of satisfaction from providing excellent customer service. I also have experience working in a fast-paced environment and staying calm under pressure. I believe that these qualities would make me a good fit for the job.”
Qualities that make a good flight attendant
When preparing your answer, think about the qualities that are important in a flight attendant. Some examples include:
- excellent customer service skills
- the ability to stay calm under pressure
- being able to think on your feet
- being detail-oriented
- being able to work well as part of a team
- Great people skills
- Good physical stamina
When you’re thinking about why you would be a good fit for the job, keep these qualities in mind and try to give examples of times when you’ve demonstrated them in the past. For example, maybe you’ve been praised by a boss for your excellent customer service skills or you helped diffuse a tense situation on a previous flight. Whatever examples you choose, make sure they illustrate why you would be a good fit for the job of flight attendant.
Things You Should Not Say in Your Answer
When preparing your answer, avoid saying things that could potentially turn off your interviewer. For example, avoid saying things like:
- “I would be a good flight attendant because I love to travel.”
- “I think the job would be easy.”
- “I wouldn’t mind working long hours.”
- “I am a good flight attendant because of my desire to become one.”
- “I don’t really have any customer service experience, but I’m a quick learner.”
While there’s nothing wrong with enjoying travel or being willing to work long hours, these are not qualities that will make you stand out as a candidate. Instead, focus on highlighting qualities that are specific to the job of a flight attendant and that will give a clearer picture to your interview that you are knowledgeable about the job responsibilities.
Remember, the goal of your answer is to demonstrate why you would be a good fit for the job. Stick to examples that illustrate your skills and qualities and avoid anything that could make you seem less than enthusiastic about the role.
Some questions to ask yourself to know how to answer the question
In order to answer this question well, you need to know what qualities and skills airline companies are looking for in a flight attendant. To do this, ask yourself the following questions:
- What qualities does a cabin crew have that I possess?
- Do I have the ability to work well under pressure?
- Am I able to think on my feet?
- Do I have experience dealing with difficult situations?
- Do I have a good understanding of what the flight attendant job entails?
- Am I able to take direction well?
- Can I follow rules and regulations?
- Am I comfortable working long hours?
- Do I have a flexible schedule?
- Am I physically fit enough to do the job?
When answering this question, be honest with yourself. If you don’t think you have the qualities that they are looking for, then it’s best to not apply for the job. It’s not worth your time or theirs if you’re not cut out for the role.
However, if you can say yes to most of these questions, then you likely have the qualities that airline companies are looking for.
Also Read: How to Answer: What are Your Strengths?
With so many people wanting to become flight attendants, it’s important to make sure you stand out from the rest of the applicants. Be sure to highlight your customer service skills, communication skills, and ability to work well under pressure.
Be sure to share your passion for the job and why you believe you would be a good fit for the role. Finally, try sharing a specific example of a time when you demonstrated one of these qualities.
Do your best to avoid saying anything that could make you seem less than enthusiastic about the job, such as “I think the job would be easy.” Remember, the goal is to show why you would excel in the role of a flight attendant and how you would be an asset to the airline. Good luck!