When a cabin crew interviewer asks you “Why should we hire you?”, it’s an opportunity to sell yourself – so don’t miss it! In this article, we’ll look at what the interviewer is really looking for, and how you can use the question to your advantage.
The recruiters want to know if you understand what the job position requires and what the airline company requires from their employees. They want to see if you have the qualities that they are looking for in a potential employee and if you are a good fit for the airline company.
When answering this question, be sure to highlight your relevant skills and experience, as well as your passion for the job and for the airline company.
Purpose of this Question
Before blurting out an answer, it’s important to know what is the purpose why this common question is asked. The interviewer wants to know three things when they ask this question:
- What do you know about the job and the airline
- What makes you a good fit for the job
- What sets you apart from other candidates
Your knowledge about the airline
The first thing the interviewer wants to know is what you know about the job and the airline. They want to know if you have done your research about airlines and the job position as a flight attendant. Here are some important things that the cabin crew interviewer might look for:
- What values does the airline represent? What is the airline known for?
- What does the role require from you if you become a flight attendant?
Your knowledge about the job as a flight attendant
Another thing interviewer wants to know is what makes you a good fit for the job. They’re looking for qualities that match what they’re looking for in a candidate, so it’s important to do your research before the interview.
Some of the things a cabin crew interviewer might be looking for include:
- The ability to stay calm under pressure
- Good communication skills
- A positive attitude
- Customer service experience
- The ability to work as part of a team
If you can demonstrate that you have these qualities, you’ll be off to a good start.
Your unique selling point.
The last thing the interviewer wants to know is what sets you apart from other candidates. This is your chance to stand out from the crowd and show that you’re the best person for the job.
Some things that might make you stand out include:
- Your experience in customer service
- Your ability to handle difficult situations
- Your cheerful disposition
- Your willingness to go above and beyond for passengers
If you can highlight any of these things, you’ll definitely impress your interviewer.
Sample Answers to “Why Should We Hire You as a Flight Attendant?”
When answering this question, think about what makes you unique and different from other candidates. Maybe you have more experience than other candidates, or maybe you’re passionate about aviation and can share your enthusiasm with passengers. Whatever it is, be sure to highlight those qualities in your answer.
Here are some sample answers to the question “Why should we hire you?”
- “I believe I would be a great fit for this job because of my excellent customer service skills and my ability to stay calm under pressure. I have worked in customer service for many years, and I know how to handle difficult situations. I’m also a very cheerful person, and I always go above and beyond for passengers. I believe these qualities make me the perfect candidate for the job.”
- “My degree in tourism is evidence of my passion for the travel and aviation industry. I am excited to start my career as a flight attendant and I know that I would excel in this role. My customer service skills are excellent, and I have a natural ability to handle difficult situations. I would be an asset to your team, and I promise to always provide top-notch service to passengers.”
- “I am passionate about travel, and I love helping people. I think that my background in customer service and my positive attitude would make me the perfect candidate for this job. I pride myself on being able to stay calm under pressure, and I have a lot of experience working with customers. I’m confident that I would excel in this role and be a valuable asset to your team.”
- “I have worked in a customer-facing role for 5 years when I worked in a hotel. I have experience dealing with difficult customers and handling complaints. I’m a people person, and I love working in a team. I think these qualities would make me a great candidate for this role. I’m passionate about travel, and I would love to help passengers have the best possible experience.”
- “I have always been passionate about flying, and I believe that becoming a flight attendant would be the perfect way to turn my passion into a career. I am confident that I have the skills and qualities that are required for this job, and I would be proud to represent your airline.”
- “I am a very hard worker, and I am always willing to go above and beyond for passengers. I have worked in customer service for many years, so I know how to deal with difficult situations. I’m also a very friendly person, and I love working with people. I believe these qualities make me the perfect candidate for the job.”
Questions to Ask Yourself in order to Answer this Question
In order to answer honestly, it’s important to write down some relevant details about you and your work experience. You can write some answers to the following questions below so you can compose and create a good and unique response:
- What are the qualities of the flight attendant in this particular airline?
- What relevant qualities can I offer that the airline is looking for?
- What are some unique selling points that I can offer?
- What are some difficult situations that I have handled well in the past?
Once you have a good understanding of what the airline is looking for and what qualities you can offer, you can start crafting your answer. Try to focus on one or two qualities that you think are the most important, and use specific examples to illustrate your point.
Tips to Answer this Question
Here are some tips to answer the job interview question Why should we hire you? for the role of a flight attendant:
- Do your research. It’s important to know about the airline you’re interviewing with, their culture, and what they’re looking for in a flight attendant. This will help you tailor your answer to the specific airline.
- Focus on your customer service skills. Flight attendants need to have excellent customer service skills, so this is a great opportunity to highlight your skills and experience in this area.
- Focus on your relevant work experience. If you have worked in a customer-facing role before, this is a good opportunity to highlight your skills and experience.
- Give specific examples. When answering this question, it’s important to use specific examples to illustrate your point. This will make your answer more convincing and memorable.
- Keep it short and sweet. You don’t need to write a novel in order to answer this question. Just focus on one or two qualities that you think are the most important, and use specific examples to illustrate your point.
- Stay positive and enthusiastic. It’s important to stay positive throughout your answer, as this will show that you’re enthusiastic about the job and confident in your abilities.
- Practice your answer. Once you have written your answer, it’s important to practice saying it out loud so you can be sure that you sound natural and confident when you give your answer in the actual interview.
- Don’t sound robotic. Even though you should practice your answer, it’s important to sound natural and not like you’re reading from a script.
Video: Why should we hire you? Interview Question
Check out these videos uploaded on YouTube which feature this flight attendant interview question and how to answer it.
This video was uploaded by Flight Attendant Vlogger Days with Kath.
Another video here shows Miss Kaykrizz, as she explains the purpose of this question:
Another video uploaded by a former Qatar Airways cabin crew, Julia George, talks about her experience below:
When you answer this question, make sure to emphasize any qualities or experience you have that match what the airline is looking for. For example, if you have customer service experience, mention that. If you’re able to stay calm under pressure, talk about how you dealt with a difficult situation in the past.
And if you’re a people person, let the interviewer know how much you enjoy working with others. By highlighting your relevant skills and experience, as well as your passion for the job and for the airline company, you’ll be sure to impress your interviewer and increase your chances of getting hired.