If you plan to apply as a flight attendant for Air Astana, applicants must be fluent in English and Kazakh. In addition, you must be at least 165 cm in height for women and 170cm for men. If you’re selected for an interview, you’ll then have the opportunity to demonstrate your customer service skills and show that you’re a team player. So if you’re interested in joining the Air Astana cabin crew, make sure you meet all the requirements first.
Also Read: 15 Cabin Crew Career Progression Paths for Flight Attendants
Air Astana was founded in 2001 and started its flight operations on May 15, 2002. The airline is the national airline carrier of Kazakhstan based in Almaty. The airline has European Aviation Safety Agency’s (EASA) Part 145 approval to maintain its fleet following EASA requirements. It has also completed the International Air Transport Associations’ Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) for the 8th time in May 2021. The airline has over 40 domestic and international routes. Today, it operates a fleet of 38 western aircraft with an average age of 5.3 years. Aside from that, the company has more than 5, 000 highly qualified staff, the majority of whom are from Kazakhstan, supplemented by skilled foreign personnel.
The airline’s personnel are the key to its successful operations since its inception, including the flight attendants. Air Astana’s flight attendants are responsible for the safety and security of the passengers during the flight.
- List of Requirements and Qualifications to Become a Air Astana Cabin Crew
- Application Process
- Salary & Benefits
- Video: Some of the Best Air Astana Cabin Crew
- Photos: Air Astana Airlines Cabin Crew Uniforms
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What is the minimum height requirement for a flight attendant position?
- 2. Does Air Astana require previous customer service experience?
- 3. What language(s) does Air Astana requires for its flight attendants?
- 4. Are there any other specific requirements I need to prepare before applying for a flight attendant position?
- 5. What are some of the duties and responsibilities of an Air Astana flight attendant?
- 6. Can I still apply even if I have visible tattoos?
- 7. Do they provide training for new entrant flight attendants at Air Asanta?
List of Requirements and Qualifications to Become a Air Astana Cabin Crew
Flight attendants are primarily responsible for keeping all passengers safe and ensuring that the cabin crew is capable of performing their duties appropriately. Aside from that, they must also try to make flights as comfortable and stress-free as possible for passengers to promote a positive image of the airline.
Some of their duties and responsibilities inside the aircraft are to demonstrate the use of emergency and safety equipment, serve beverages, meals, and snacks, provide additional assistance to passengers with special needs, and reassure passengers during aircraft turbulence. In addition, they also administer first aid and medical care if required in the case of an emergency, and provide instruction, including emergency evacuation procedures, to passengers. Hence, Air Astana is looking for competent, reliable, and hardworking individuals who can carry on the demanding job of a flight attendant.
Below are the criteria that candidates must meet for the flight attendant position.
- Applicants must know Kazakh.
- They must also be fluent in English.
- Applicants with knowledge of Chinese and Turkish languages are a plus.
- Having experience in the service sector is preferable.
- Must have a presentable appearance.
- They must also meet the minimum height requirements of at least 170 cm tall for men and women at least 165 cm tall.
- Young men applicants must provide registration documents for military service.
- A full body photo should be attached to the CV when applying.
- Applicants must be a citizen of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Here is a step-by-step guide to help you with your application.
Step 1: Visit the company’s official website here – https://airastana.com/global/en-us.
Step 2: Scroll down and click “Careers”.
Step 3: Then, click “Cabin Crew” and read thoroughly the information displayed.
Step 4: Then, apply for the position by clicking the “Apply Now” button.
Step 5: Wait for the response from the hiring team.
Salary & Benefits
Flight attendants at Air Astana are entitled to receive lots of benefits packages and highly competitive salary rates. They also enjoy flexible work schedules and work-life balance while working in the company.
They also receive travel perks such as travel discounts and allowances. Aside from that, the company provides training for newly hired flight attendants to equip them with the knowledge and skills that they need to acquire to become ready and reliable cabin crew attendants.
Video: Some of the Best Air Astana Cabin Crew
This is a very insightful and helpful video for anyone who aspires to become a cabin crew at Air Astana. In this video, some flight attendants at Air Astana shared their experiences while working with the company.
Here, you will also get to take a look at some of the duties and responsibilities of a flight attendant. Some training procedures and instructions were also shared in this video. Hence, if you want to know more about Air Astana’s flight attendants, it is highly recommended that you will watch this video.
Photos: Air Astana Airlines Cabin Crew Uniforms
Check out these pictures of Air Astana crew so you can see what they look like in uniforms:
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are some of the common questions asked about Air Astana airline:
1. What is the minimum height requirement for a flight attendant position?
The minimum height requirement that candidates must meet is at least 170 cm tall for men and women at least 165 cm tall.
2. Does Air Astana require previous customer service experience?
The airline does not require previous customer service experience but having an experience in the service sector is preferable.
3. What language(s) does Air Astana requires for its flight attendants?
Candidates must be fluent in English and have background knowledge of Kazakh. The ability to speak Chinese and Turkish is valuable.
4. Are there any other specific requirements I need to prepare before applying for a flight attendant position?
You must have a presentable appearance and attach a full body photo to your CV with your application.
5. What are some of the duties and responsibilities of an Air Astana flight attendant?
Some of the duties and responsibilities of a flight attendant include assisting passengers during the flight and ensuring their safety and comfort.
6. Can I still apply even if I have visible tattoos?
Visible tattoos are not allowed while wearing the cabin crew uniform.
7. Do they provide training for new entrant flight attendants at Air Asanta?
After successful application, the airline provides training for newly hired flight attendants before commencing work to keep them updated and equip with the knowledge and skills necessary that the job requires.
Overall, the requirements and qualifications for a flight attendant position are not as stringent as in other airlines. As long as you have met the minimum requirements required, you are eligible for the position.
At Air Astana, candidates must know Kazakh, be fluent in English, and must present themselves neatly and professionally. Aside from that, they must also meet the minimum height requirements of at least 170 cm tall for men and women at least 165 cm tall, a full body photo attached to their CV when applying, and for young men, they must provide registration documents for military service.
Applicants who can speak Chinese and Turkish are given high priority and having experience in the service sector is preferable. They must also possess some essential qualities that are vital in a flight attendant position. These include having excellent communication skills, being patient, service-oriented, and professional worker. Hence, if you think you can carry on the job of a flight attendant and meet the requirements mentioned above, do not hesitate to apply when the flight attendant position is held open for application.