If you are applying to become a flight attendant for Air New Zealand, there are a few requirements you will need to meet. First and foremost, you must be at least 18 years of age and a legal resident or citizen of New Zealand. You will also need to have a high school diploma or equivalent, and be able to fluently speak English. In addition, you must be able to swim unassisted and have basic first aid training. If you meet all of these requirements, then you are eligible to apply for the position of flight attendant with Air New Zealand.
Air New Zealand is the flag carrier airline of New Zealand. It is based in Auckland and the airline operates scheduled passenger flights to 20 domestic and 31 international destinations in 19 countries around the Pacific Rim and the United Kingdom. The company has been a member of the Star Alliance since 1999. Today, Air New Zealand is one of the world’s leading long-haul airlines. It is well known for its innovative cabin design, great inflight service, and unique Kiwi culture.
The airline has a strong focus on customer experience and safety. They employ over 4,500 flight attendants who deliver exceptional service to customers from all over the world. The airline also takes pride itself in providing amazing service to its customers and its flight attendants are a big part of what makes the airline so special. They undergo months of training before they are even allowed to fly and they are always putting the safety and comfort of their passengers first.
List of Requirements and Qualifications to Become an Air New Zealand Cabin Crew
Air New Zealand’s flight attendants are widely considered to be some of the best in the business. They are known for their friendly and professional demeanor, as well as their impeccable grooming standards. Hence, the company is looking for someone who can do the job professionally with hospitality.
Below is the list of requirements and qualifications an aspiring individual must meet to become eligible for the position.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Applicants must have at least a minimum of 18 months of customer service experience in a high-pressured environment preferred for a Jet Flight Attendant and a minimum of 2 years of customer service experience for a Regional Cabin Crew position.
- They must be physically fit and can swim for 50 meters in under two minutes and tread in the water for one minute unaided.
- Applicants must have NZ Permanent Residency, NZ Citizenship, Australian Citizenship, or Australian Permanent Residence. The ability to travel overseas is required including a valid passport with visas as required.
- They must also comply with their Uniform Standards.
- As operating in a 24/7 industry, applicants need to commit to rostered shifts, weekends, and public holidays.
- Applicants must have a sense of pride and passion in delivering and representing Kiwi hospitality and New Zealand in every journey.
- They must also have strong problem-solving skills, remain calm, and professional, and always wear a smile.
- Applicants must also be team players.
- They must also be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing work and to operate internationally as Jet Flight Attendant, a booster dose is required.
- Applicants must reside within a 90-minute commute of the base that they are applying for to be considered for the role.
More importantly, applicants must have great enthusiasm and passion for flying as well as the innate ability to smile and welcome their passengers daily.
Here is the step-by-step guide to help you out with your application for the flight attendant position.
Step 1: Go to the company’s official website. You may also click here to get redirected immediately.
Step 2: Scroll down and click “Careers”.
Step 3: Tick “Cabin Crew” and click “Discover”.
Step 4: Read on the other information and select “View Available Jobs”.
Step 5: Choose one from the available vacancies and locations and read thoroughly the job description and other information provided.
Step 6: If you think you have all the requirements and qualifications, click the “Apply” button and submit your application after filling out the needed information.
Step 7: Wait for a response.
Salary & Benefits
A career as an Air New Zealand flight attendant comes with many perks, including a competitive salary and great benefits. Aside from that, salaries increase with years of experience and can top out at $40,000 per year. Flight attendants also receive benefits such as free or reduced airfare, hotel accommodations, and meals.
The company also provides training for their cabin crew members hence there are lots of career opportunities and development awaiting them. The job of a flight attendant can be both challenging and rewarding, and it provides opportunities to travel the world. It is the work-life balance that they get to enjoy the most.
Video: Air New Zealand Cabin Crew & the Adventure of Life Above the Clouds
This video shows a sneak peek of the life of the flight attendants employed at Air New Zealand. Here, they shared their best experiences with their work and the reason behind it. You can see here the work-life balance and the travel perks they enjoy while working as well as the dedication and their passion for their job which is to offer the best flying experience for their passengers. They also shared that they love how the employees treat each other as a family which creates a healthy and positive working environment for all of them.
To know more about the company, you may visit their website here.
Air New Zealand’s philosophy is: “To be simply the best in the delivery of products and services to our customers, with a style flair and warmth that is unique to Air New Zealand.” This company is recognized by the passengers as one of the best companies in the world because of the genuine and excellent customer service that they provide.
Photos: Air New Zealand Airlines Cabin Crew Uniforms
Check out these pictures of Air New Zealand Airlines crew so you can see what they look like in uniforms:
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some common questions about the requirements for Air New Zealand airlines flight attendants.
1. What are the age requirements for Air New Zealand flight attendants?
Applicants must be at least 18 years old to apply and qualify.
2. Are there any physical requirements?
Applicants must be physically fit and can swim for 50 meters in under two minutes and tread in the water for one minute unaided.
3. What type of personality do you need?
Applicants must have a sense of pride and passion in delivering and representing Kiwi hospitality and New Zealand in every journey. They must also be patient and calm in any situation.
4. How much experience is needed?
Experience is not required but having a customer service experience in a high-pressure environment is preferred.
5. Are there any specific qualifications or certifications needed to be a flight attendant for Air New Zealand?
Applicants must have NZ Permanent Residency, NZ Citizenship, Australian Citizenship, or Australian Permanent Residence. The ability to travel overseas is required including a valid passport with visas as required.
6. What type of shifts can you expect to work?
Applicants need to commit to rostered shifts, weekends and public holidays.
Air New Zealand is one of the world’s leading airlines, and it’s no surprise that its cabin crew are among the best in the business. The job is demanding, but also provides amazing opportunities to see the world. As a member of Air New Zealand’s cabin crew, you’ll be responsible for the safety and comfort of passengers on long-haul flights. You’ll need to have excellent customer service skills, as well as the ability to deal with challenging situations. In addition, you’ll need to be able to work well under pressure, as you’ll often be working long hours. But if you’re up for the challenge, a career as an Air New Zealand cabin crew member can be hugely rewarding. Plus, you’ll get to see some amazing places!
In conclusion, meeting the Air New Zealand flight attendant requirements is not as difficult as one might think. There are a few key qualifications that applicants must meet. However, the most important requirement is demonstrating excellent customer service skills.
If you have a passion for customer service and want to see the world, then working as a flight attendant for Air New Zealand might be the perfect career for you.