If you want to become a flight attendant for Cathay Pacific, there are a few requirements you’ll need to meet. First, you must be at least 18 years old and have completed 5 HKCEE/HKDSE subjects including the English Language. You’ll also need to be fluent in English and pass a fitness test. If you meet all of these requirements, you’ll be well on your way to becoming a Cathay Pacific flight attendant.
Cathay Pacific Airways is Hong Kong’s flag carrier that operates through the Airline Business and Non-Airline Business segments. It was founded on 1946 and offered flights to Shanghai, Bangkok, Manila, and Singapore. The company has a strong reputation for providing good service and great value for money. Hence, they have a strong focus on providing excellent customer service and they do this is by having a friendly and professional cabin crew.
They believe that flight attendants are a vital part of the airline’s operation and they play an important role in ensuring that passengers have a safe and enjoyable flight experience. Aside from that, the airline values safety as its top-tier priority and responsibility.
Read on to know more about Cathay Pacific Airways flight attendants and how to become one.
- List of Requirements and Qualifications to Become a Cathay Pacific Airways Flight Attendant
- Application Process
- Salary & Benefits
- Video: Experience The Life Of A Cabin Crew at Cathay Pacific Airways
- Photos: Cathay Pacific Airlines Cabin Crew Uniforms
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What is the minimum age requirement to apply for a flight attendant position at Cathay Pacific Airways?
- 2. What language(s) is/are required for the position?
- 3. What are some of the duties and responsibilities of a flight attendant?
- 4. Can I still apply if I have visible tattoos and piercings?
- 5. What type of personality traits does Cathay Pacific Airways look for in their flight attendant?
- 6. Do they require a previous customer service experience?
- 7. How can I apply for a flight attendant position at Cathay Pacific Airways?
List of Requirements and Qualifications to Become a Cathay Pacific Airways Flight Attendant
Flight attendants play an important role in ensuring the safety and comfort of passengers while they are onboard an aircraft. They are responsible for greeting passengers as they board the plane, providing them with information about the flight and the aircraft, and attending to their needs. Hence, the company is looking for competent individuals who can provide excellent customer service.
Below is the list of requirements and qualifications for a flight attendant position. Bear in mind that the criteria for a flight attendant position vary depending on the site or location. Here is the list of criteria for a flight attendant position based in Hong Kong.
- Applicants must have permanent Hong Kong resident status.
- They must be at least 18 years of age.
- They must also have the minimum pass rate in 5 HKCEE/HKDSE subjects including the English Language; or equivalent.
- Applicants must have a minimum arm reach of 208cm on tiptoe and pass the pre-employment medical assessment for physical fitness.
- Applicants must be proficient in the English language and one in any of the following Asian Languages: Bahasa Malaysia, Indonesian, Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, Tagalog, Hindi, Korean, and Thai.
- Proficiency and fluency in the Mandarin language are preferred.
Here is a step-by-step guide to help you throughout your application.
Step 1: Go to the company’s official website. You can click here to get redirected immediately.
Step 2: Scroll down and click “Careers”.
Step 3: On the Careers page, click the “Customer service in the air and on the ground”.
Step 4: On their Customer Service roles, find for the Flight attendant position and click the “Apply” button to see the available flight attendant position and location.
Step 5: Next, choose your preferred position and read thoroughly the information displayed.
Step 6: Click the “Apply” button and start filling out your application.
Step 7: Submit your application and wait for a response within six weeks.
Salary & Benefits
The company offers a benefits package to their flight attendants aside from their basic salary. Flight attendants at Cathay Pacific Airways also enjoy flexible work schedules to suit your lifestyle, world-class training, a structured career path, and a safe and collaborative working environment.
They also receive a Flying/Ground Duty Allowance and Outport Per Diems, a comprehensive Insurance Scheme and Medical Coverage, and staff and family concessional travel benefits.
Video: Experience The Life Of A Cabin Crew at Cathay Pacific Airways
This video was uploaded by a YouTube vlogger with the username “Sreejita Bhattacharjee”. This video shows a peek at what it is like working at Cathay Pacific Airways as well as the training that their flight attendants undergo to become competent and reliable individuals.
This video shows some clips of a flight attendant performing a safety procedure in case of an emergency. Hence, if you want to gain some insight into their training, it is recommended to watch this video.
Photos: Cathay Pacific Airlines Cabin Crew Uniforms
Check out these pictures of Cathay Pacific Airlines crew so you can see what they look like in uniforms:
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some frequently asked questions about being a Flight Attendant for Cathay Pacific:
1. What is the minimum age requirement to apply for a flight attendant position at Cathay Pacific Airways?
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age to qualify and apply for the flight attendant position at Cathay Pacific Airways.
2. What language(s) is/are required for the position?
Applicants must be proficient in English as well as in one of the following Asian languages: Bahasa Malaysia, Indonesian, Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, Tagalog, Hindi, Korean, and Thai.
3. What are some of the duties and responsibilities of a flight attendant?
Flight attendants are responsible for taking care of the passengers during their flight and their duties include providing assistance and answering queries from them. They also perform safety instructions and serve food and other beverages and attend to their passengers’ needs.
4. Can I still apply if I have visible tattoos and piercings?
Just like in any other airline, flight attendants at Cathay Pacific Airways should not have any visible tattoos and piercings while wearing a cabin crew uniform.
5. What type of personality traits does Cathay Pacific Airways look for in their flight attendant?
Cathay Pacific Airways are looking for individuals with warm and pleasing personality as well as proactive individuals that can carry on the job and responsibilities of a flight attendant.
6. Do they require a previous customer service experience?
The company does not require previous customer service experience. However, having such an experience is an advantage.
7. How can I apply for a flight attendant position at Cathay Pacific Airways?
You can apply through the company’s official website found on their Careers page. You can click here to get redirected to their Careers page.
Working as a flight attendant for Cathay Pacific is a unique and rewarding experience. Not only do you get to travel to amazing destinations all over the world, but you also get to work with a team of international professionals. As a Cathay Pacific flight attendant, you will be responsible for the safety and comfort of passengers on long-haul flights. In addition to providing excellent customer service, you will also need to be able to handle any emergency situations that may arise.
Overall, the requirements to become a Cathay Pacific Airways flight attendant are not difficult to achieve and are not that different from other airlines. They are in search for people with a positive attitude, good customer service skills, and who can work in a fast-paced environment.
However, some key qualifications are essential, such as being able to speak another language such as Mandarin aside from English and having excellent customer service skills. They must also be highly motivated and adaptable, as the job description is very demanding, as well as be able to deal with challenging situations calmly and professionally.
Aside from that, working as Cathay Pacific Airways flight attendant is a great opportunity to start your career. The company offers generous salaries and benefits and flexible work schedules and a work-life balance. Hence, if you can meet the following requirements mentioned above, do not hesitate to apply whenever there are job vacancies for the flight attendant position. Good luck!