Air Transat is one of the leading holiday airlines in Canada. Founded in 1986 and with headquarters in Montreal, Quebec, this company offers scheduled and charter flights to more than 60 destinations in 25 countries. If you plan to work as a flight attendant for Air Transat, please follow the general guidelines when applying for the job position below.
Air Transat is a Canadian airline that offers both domestic and international flights. The airline is known for its friendly and attentive service, and this is thanks in large part to the hard-working flight attendants. The flight attendants at Air Transat are not only responsible for safety and customer service, but they also deal with a variety of other tasks, such as serving food and drinks, handling luggage, and providing information about the destination.
In addition to their regular duties, flight attendants also have to be prepared for emergencies, such as medical situations or bad weather. As a result, they must be both highly skilled and highly trained. Please check out the Air Transat requirements and qualifications, procedure, and other important details if you plan to work for this airline.
Overview of the Air Transat
Founded in 1986, Air Transat has earned its spot as Canada’s third-largest airline. Other than that, it is also considered Canada’s number one holiday airline. With a fleet of 1 Airbus A330s and A310s, it serves almost 3.5 million passengers per year, taking them to nearly 65 destinations in 25 countries.
With 2,500 employees making the workforce a strong and efficient one, this fast-paced airline likely continues to grow and reach the peak of success.
As an aspiring Air Transat flight attendant, here are the duties and responsibilities you must perform well.
- Conduct safety checks before each flight
- Scan the cabin for any safety hazards
- Greet your passengers warmly
- Escort and assist your passengers with their luggage
- Help them find and settle into their seats
- Prepare and serve drinks and food to your passengers according to what is requested.
- Take note of any medical needs, likes, and dislikes of passengers
- Present emergency equipment and brief passengers on how to use the equipment
- Monitor, manage and secure the cabin
- Adhere to all aviation rules and regulations
- Assist passengers and cabin crew during emergencies
- Assist passengers with special needs
- Attend briefings before each flight
- Submit and prepare reports concerning flight incidents
- Extend help and assistance as many times needed
- Become culturally aware
- Treat passengers with respect and without discrimination.
Having a heads-up on what a company is looking for can help you pinpoint your strengths and weaknesses and work on yourself more. Here are the qualifications that you should keep in mind to stand a chance in applying at Air Transat:
- Must be at least 18 years old at the time of application
- have a high school diploma or equivalent
- be fluent in English and French
- have a valid Canadian passport (if you don’t have a Canadian passport, you will be asked for your permanent residence card with necessary visas where you can travel to destinations handled by Air Transat)
- Obtain the security clearance required by Transport Canada.
- Meet the medical requirements of the position.
- Height must be able to reach overhead bins and compartments.
- Must be reliable, dependable, and punctual
- Must be willing and able to work nights, weekends, holidays, and extended hours
- Ability to perform all safety-related procedures
Document Requirements to Prepare
Here are the documents which are commonly asked from you during your application process:
- Updated CV/Resume
- Head and full-body photographs
- Good Conduct Certificate or Criminal Record
- Medical and Dental Records
For your photographs, here are the common standards you may want to keep in mind:
- Should be wearing professional business attire (including a jacket and tie for men).
- You should be standing facing straight towards the camera, with your hands down.
- Should be smiling with a large but natural smile (ideally showing teeth).
- A white background is highly advisable.
- The full-length photographs should measure 6×4 inches (15×10 cm), while the passport-sized photos should measure 45×35 mm (1.77×1.37 inches).
Where to Apply for a Job for Air Transat Online
To check for job vacancies and details, you can visit their website here.
Moreover, you can also check their LinkedIn profile for other important announcements. Just click the link here.
How to Become a Flight Attendant at Air Transat
If you meet Air Transat’s flight attendant qualifications, you can now start applying for the said job position. These are the following steps you need to follow when applying for a flight attendant position at Air Transat.
Step 1: Prepare the Necessary Documents Required
Since the hiring process at Air Transat is conducted online, you should prepare your documents as early as now. Remember that incomplete requirements won’t be evaluated, so always double-check and request necessary records ahead of time.
Step 2: Open Air Transat’ Website and Accomplish Online Questionnaire
Once you’ve checked your documents, the next step would be to log in to Air Transat’s website, scroll down, and click “Careers”, then “Flight Attendants”. You will then be redirected to a new window where more details and information about the job vacancy will be displayed. You will also find hubs or bases which are offering openings too.
Attached the necessary documents and double-check one last time. Once you are done, click apply and submit.
Step 3: Wait for Notifications from the Company Regarding Your Application
If you made it through the initial online application and screening, you would receive an email or notification from Air Transat. If you’re accepted, then you immediately be scheduled for an interview with the recruiters or management.
Step 4: Attend Briefing/Orientation Before Serving In-flight
Now that you made it through every step of the process, what’s left is for you to be briefed and oriented on your routines. Once you are accustomed to the Air Transat way of serving your passengers, you can now start serving passengers in-flight!
Monthly Salary of an Air Transat Flight Attendant
The starting salary for Air Transat Flight Attendants is $29 per hour and $2,125 – $10,400 per month. Additionally, you are also entitled to these benefits:
- Various Training
- Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance
- Flight benefits
- Discounts on hotels, cars, and other services
Video: Being a Flight Attendant at Air Transat
Uploaded by Air Transat, this video features real-life testimonials and experiences from its cabin crew members regarding the nature of their work and how they serve and deal with their passengers every day. Additionally, this video will also give you an idea of what you can expect from your job if you make it through the application process.
Photos: Air Transat Flight Attendant Photos
Check out these beautiful pictures of Air Transat Flight Attendants in uniform. If you wish to picture yourself being a part of this company, check out these photos to give you an idea about working for this airline:
Frequently Asked Questions
Now here are the frequently asked questions about Air Transat and the application process for the company’s flight attendants:
1. What are some of the background checks that Air Transat will require?
FBI fingerprinting and criminal history are a few examples of background checks that Air Transat will do.
2. Will my salary increase if I work at Air Transat for a longer period of time?
Yes, it will. Many factors increase your salary, including how long you are in service, your position, and incentives.
3. Is the job application process purely online?
In adherence to the present health protocols, the job application process will be conducted online to adhere to the present health protocols.
4. Will Air Transat provide training?
No, they won’t. You immediately get briefed before serving the passengers.
5. Is it okay if I am fluent in English but not in other languages?
Yes, it is. What matters the most is your fluency in English. Mastery of other languages is only an advantage.
6. Is it okay to apply at Air Transat despite having tattoos?
Yes, it is. You can apply as long as it cannot be seen in your cabin crew uniform.
7. Can I reapply in the event of my application being rejected?
Yes, you can. As many times as you want! Just make sure you work on your strengths and weaknesses. An interval of six months is advised before reapplying.
8. Is it okay to wear makeup and jewelry to the interview?
Yes, it is. As long as you look neat and professional.
9. What happens after I get hired at Air Transat?
You get to work immediately after a brief orientation.
10. Will separate background checks and medical and dental assessments be administered?
Yes, it will. This is just a precautionary measure to ensure that your records and state are up to date.
Address: Air Transat, 5959 Côte-Vertu Blvd., Montreal, Quebec, H4S 2E6, Canada
Telephone Number: 1-866-322-6649