Are you a Malaysian national looking for a Malaysian airline company to work for as a flight attendant? Batik Air Malaysia might be the airline just for you. If you consider yourself a dynamic and highly-motivated person, you might be the one that Batik Air Malaysia is looking for!
And to help you prepare better for your Batik Air Malaysia cabin crew application, this guide will inform you everything you need to know about Batik Air Malaysia’s requirements and application process for its cabin crew and be well-prepared for your application.
- Documents to Prepare
- Where to Apply for a Job for Batik Air Malaysia Online?
- Step-By-Step Process Application to Become a Cabin Crew for Batik Air Malaysia
- Walk-In Interview:
- Monthly Salary of a Batik Air Malaysia Flight Attendant
- Video: What to Expect in the Hiring Process
- Photos: Batik Air Malaysia Airlines Flight Attendant Photos
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What is Batik Air Malaysia’s height requirement for cabin crew members?
- 2. Does Batik Air Malaysia have a weight requirement for their flight attendants?
- 3. Does Batik Air Malaysia only accept Malaysian nationals for their flight attendant position?
- 4. What languages do I need to know to become a Batik Air Malaysia flight attendant?
- 5. Do I need to attend Batik Air Malaysia’s cabin crew training program if I pass their interview and assessment rounds?
- 6. What should I wear for my cabin crew walk-in interview with Batik Air Malaysia?
- Contact Information
Previously known as Malindo Air, Batik Air Malaysia is an airline headquartered in Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia. The airline was founded in September 2012 and commenced operations in March 2013. In April 2022, the airline officially rebranded to Batik Air Malaysia.
Batik Air Malaysia has two hubs in the following locations: Kuala Lumpur–International and Kuala Lumpur–Subang. The airline’s operations include 800 flights per week across 60 destinations across Malaysia, Asia, and Australia.
If you ever get hired and join Batik Air Malaysia’s cabin crew team, here are your expected duties and responsibilities below as the said airline’s flight attendant:
- Greet passengers and help them get to their designated seats
- Provide excellent customer service and assist them with their needs
- Prepare and serve food and drinks to guests onboard
- Give instructions as to how the aircraft’s emergency equipment is used
- Have a clear understanding of the airline’s flight attendant emergency procedures
- Maintain the aircraft cabin’s safety and cleanliness
- Give aid to fellow cabin crew and guests during emergencies
Here are the following qualifications you need to meet to become a Batik Air Malaysia cabin crew:
- Must be a Malaysian national
- Must be between the ages of 19 to 35 years old
- Must be at least 157 cm tall
- Weight must be below 60 kg
- Must have SPM credit in English and Bahasa Melayu
- Must have great interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be medically fit for the job
Documents to Prepare
Depending on the type of application held by the airline, you will need to prepare either physical or digital copies of the following:
- Updated CV
- Valid passport
- Original and photocopy of NRIC
- Original and photocopy of SPM certificate or higher education
- One recent passport-sized photograph
- One recent portrait/full-body photograph
Where to Apply for a Job for Batik Air Malaysia Online?
As the name implies, online applications take place online. Most airlines will post their job vacancies on their Careers page on their website or on any of their official platforms. If you’re looking for the most convenient way to apply as a Cabin Crew for Batik Air Malaysia, you can check out its website at https://www.malindoair.com/ and go to their Careers Page.
Step-By-Step Process Application to Become a Cabin Crew for Batik Air Malaysia
Batik Air Malaysia conducts walk-in interviews or online applications for their cabin crew vacancies. To ensure you’re prepared for either type of application process, here are step-by-step guides for both processes below:
Step 1: Search for cabin crew vacancies on Batik Air Malaysia’s website
Batik Air Malaysia has a Careers page on its official website (https://www.malindoair.com/contact-us/career), which contains a link leading to its official LinkedIn account, where all its job vacancies are posted. That said, you must create a LinkedIn account to submit your application online.
Step 2: Submit your cabin crew application online
If you already have a LinkedIn account and find available cabin crew vacancies on Batik Air Malaysia’s LinkedIn, select the said job opening and click the “Apply” button. From there, you will have to fill out the form with your details. Click “Submit” when you’re done filling out the form and wait for a response from the airline’s recruitment team.
Alternatively, you may also send your CV and other relevant documents via Batik Air Malaysia’s email at email@example.com to be considered for the airline’s cabin crew openings.
Step 3: Attend the scheduled interview and assessments
You will be invited to a scheduled interview if your application gets shortlisted. During the interview, you can expect interview questions about your CV, the job, and the company. Make sure to practice some possible questions that might come up in the interview so you can have answers even for the most unanticipated questions.
Aside from the interview, you might also undergo a series of assessments to evaluate further if you are a fit for the job. These assessments include a medical examination, background check, and skill evaluations.
Step 4: Finish the airline’s training program
Finally, if you pass the interview, you will be formally invited to attend the airline’s training program. Airlines often have their own training program where aspiring cabin crew members learn about necessary lessons for the job, including cabin crew tasks, flight rules, emergency procedures, first aid, and the like.
That said, the airline might hold walk-in interviews instead of online applications. A walk-in interview is a type of interview where companies welcome and meet with multiple applicants on a specified date. In walk-in interviews, the airline will conduct on-the-spot interviews with multiple applicants instead of scheduled interviews with selected candidates.
Here are the steps involved in a walk-in interview below:
Step 1: Prepare the document requirements
Besides including the date, time, and venue where the walk-in interview will take place, the airline will also post the document requirements that applicants need to bring when announcing a walk-in interview date. For Batik Air Malaysia, you need to prepare and bring the following:
- Updated CV
- Valid passport
- NRIC (original copy and photocopy)
- SPM certificate or higher education certificate (original copy and photocopy)
- One recent passport-sized photograph
- One recent portrait/full-body photograph
Step 2: Attend the walk-in interview as scheduled
Bring all the documents asked by the airline on the day of the walk-in interview. Make sure to be there on time, as being late can leave a bad impression on the recruiters. Applicants are expected to wear office attire and have a well-groomed appearance.
Step 3: Pass the interview and assessments
The walk-in interview will consist of various rounds where the recruitment team will evaluate your skills and qualifications. Similar to scheduled interviews, practicing possible interview questions is a great way to prepare for your on-the-spot interviews. Assessment rounds will also occur during the walk-in interview, including medical exams, background checks, and skills evaluation.
Step 4: Complete the cabin crew training program
Like the online application process, applicants who pass the walk-in interview rounds will be invited to attend and complete the airline’s cabin crew training program before becoming part of Batik Air Malaysia’s cabin crew family. During the training period, you will be taught skills and lessons relevant to the job, such as learning about several flight rules, different types of aircraft, emergency evacuation procedures, and more.
Monthly Salary of a Batik Air Malaysia Flight Attendant
Here is an estimated monthly salary if you become one of airline’s cabin crew members:
- An estimated monthly salary of MYR 2,000
- Overtime pay
- Sick leave
- Flexible work schedules
- Travel perks and benefits
Video: What to Expect in the Hiring Process
In this video, the vlogger dishes out some great tips on how to apply for a cabin crew job, no matter the airline.
The key points are:
- Be on your toes. Preparation is important.
- Do your homework about the airline before the big interview. It’ll show you care.
- Look sharp. Dressing well can give you an edge.
- Make the most of assessment day. Participate in everything.
- Be open and friendly. It makes a big difference.
Photos: Batik Air Malaysia Airlines Flight Attendant Photos
Check out these photos of Barik Air Flight Attendants in uniform:
Frequently Asked Questions
Now, here are some frequently asked questions you might have regarding Batik Air Malaysia’s application process and requirements for its cabin crew position:
1. What is Batik Air Malaysia’s height requirement for cabin crew members?
Applicants must be at least 157 cm to apply for Batik Air Malaysia’s flight attendant position.
2. Does Batik Air Malaysia have a weight requirement for their flight attendants?
Yes, applicants must be below 60 kg to be qualified for the job.
3. Does Batik Air Malaysia only accept Malaysian nationals for their flight attendant position?
In previous cabin crew openings, Batik Air Malaysia has only accepted Malaysian nationals for their flight attendant position.
4. What languages do I need to know to become a Batik Air Malaysia flight attendant?
Applicants must be fluent in spoken and written English and Bahasa Melayu to be qualified for the job.
5. Do I need to attend Batik Air Malaysia’s cabin crew training program if I pass their interview and assessment rounds?
Yes, all applicants must attend and complete the airline’s cabin crew training program before becoming a Batik Air Malaysia flight attendant.
6. What should I wear for my cabin crew walk-in interview with Batik Air Malaysia?
Applicants must wear formal or office attire during the walk-in interview.
Only Malaysian nationals can apply for Batik Air Malaysia’s cabin crew position. The Malaysian airline conducts either walk-in interviews or online job applications when hiring cabin crew members for the airline. The airline has very strict qualifications, so make sure you meet all of the job’s list of qualifications before turning in your application.
Finally, if you pass their walk-in interview process or scheduled job application, the last step is to finish the airline’s cabin crew training program. If you’re ever nervous about your application, just refer to everything listed in this guide, and you should have more than enough means to prepare for your cabin crew application.
Batik Air Malaysia
Address: Ara Damansara, Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia (Headquarters)
Telephone: +60 3-7841 5388