If you aspire to work as a cabin crew member for a well-known airline like SAS Scandinavian, it’s important that you are aware of the roles and responsibilities. A flight attendant is a crew member responsible for ensuring the safety, comfort, and well-being of passengers on the flight.
Note: For updated details about SAS Careers, please visit their official website here – https://www.sasgroup.net/career/teams/cabin-crew/
Their duties include conducting safety demonstrations, serving meals and drinks, answering passenger questions and concerns, handling emergency situations, and more. They are trained to provide outstanding customer service and handle difficult situations with professionalism and diplomacy.
SAS stands for Scandinavian Airlines System and is the national airline of Denmark, Norway, and Sweden. It is one of the founding members of the global airline alliance Star Alliance. SAS offers flights to over 90 destinations in Europe, Asia, and North America. Please refer to the guide we have provided below to learn how to apply for a flight attendant position with this airline.
- Overview of the SAS Scandinavian Airlines
- Document Requirements to Prepare
- Where to Apply for a Job for SAS Scandinavian Airlines Online?
- How to Become a Cabin Crew for SAS Scandinavian Airlines
- Monthly Salary and Benefits for SAS Scandinavian Airlines Flight Attendant
- Video: Behind the Scenes with Cabin Crew SAS Scandinavian Airlines
- Photos: SAS Scandinavian Airlines Cabin Crew in Uniform
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What is the main priority of flight attendants in SAS?
- 2. Do I have to be knowledgeable in foods when aspiring to be an air steward for SAS?
- 3. Is cabin crew at SAS a great choice?
- 4. Upon fulfilling the first step of application, can I expect to pass the interview as well?
- 5. I have a fear of heights, can I still apply as an FA for SAS?
- 6. Will I get a better salary grade at SAS?
- 7. How long should I wait before I get promoted?
- 8. Does the application really take a long time?
- Contact Information
SAS Scandinavian Airlines, founded in 1946, is the flag carrier of Denmark, Norway and Sweden. With over 7 decades of experience as a leading airline in Scandinavia, SAS provides reliable and safe connections to 90 destinations across the globe with its fleet of 180 aircrafts.
The airline’s main hub is at Copenhagen-Kastrup Airport, connecting to 109 destinations around the world. Stockholm Arlanda Airport follows as the second largest hub with 106 destinations, and Oslo Airport Gardermoen is the third major hub. Other minor hubs include Bergen Airport Flesland, Göteborg Landvetter Airport, Stavanger Airport Sola, and Trondheim Airport Værnes. In addition to passenger service, SAS also owns an independent subsidiary specializing in cargo services based at Copenhagen Airport.
One thing about SAS Scandinavian Airlines is that they live up to their name. They don’t become the leading airlines just because they are huge, but also because of their service. With 800 flights conducted daily, the airline needs frequent hiring of flight attendants.
As a flight attendant, your central role is to ensure the safety of every passenger throughout the whole flight. You’ll commit to giving the best flight experience by doing your tasks on board. Hence you need to know these responsibilities when applying to SAS Airlines.
- Demonstrate the proper usage of safety devices prior to take-off.
- Assist the passengers in putting their luggage in the designated compartment.
- Address their queries in a calm yet professional manner.
- Serve the food and drinks to every customer precisely as they requested.
- Ensure that all the security equipment is working correctly.
- Give utmost assistance to the disabled, elders, pregnant and children.
- Deal with the possible concerns during the flight.
- Prepare reports when there is a need to.
- Be approachable by greeting the passenger with a smile.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age
- Be between 160 cm and 190 cm in height
- Have a good physique and overall health.
- Completed at least upper secondary education or an equivalent level of education.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in at least one Scandinavian language as well as English (Berlitz level B2 or higher).
- Good vision (+/- 0.7) with or without corrections is also required
- Can swim confidently in every possible circumstance.
- Adhere to uniform regulations; no visible tattoos or piercings while wearing the uniform.
- Be able to successfully pass a medical examination, including drug and alcohol testing
- Possessing a valid passport and clean criminal record is mandatory; applicants must provide an exhaustive police certificate for employment as well as agree to a 5-year background check upon being hired.
- Holds a valid Cabin Crew Attestation (CCA)
- Valid Medical Certificate
The Company likes the applicants to be:
- Energetic and passionate
- Oriented in customers
- Willing to be interested in people.
- Well-resistant to pressure and stress
- Able to make a difference
Also read: 15 Must-Have Qualities of Cabin Crews
Document Requirements to Prepare
Aside from meeting the qualifications, you may also need to present the following document requirements upon applying for the job:
- Updated Resume or CV
- Documents of work and education experience
- Medical and dental Certification
- Criminal Records
- Copy of Citizenship or proof of your right to work in the country
Yes, SAS is now open for online applications! Here are the links to the websites you will need to visit upon applying for SAS.
To know more about the cabin crew career in SAS, click HERE.
Of course, applying to the main website of SAS is the best option as it is more direct. But we provided other alternative links as well.
LinkedIn is a network type of website that enables millions of people to have access to job opportunities. SAS Scandinavian Airlines has an account on LinkedIn, and you will see updates regarding job openings there.
Below are the instructions on how to go about applying for the cabin crew job at SAS Scandinavian Airlines. This guide is also useful for those who are already working somewhere else but would like to apply to SAS.
Step 1: Fill Out the Online Application
Since SAS Scandinavian Airlines accepts online applications, this should be the initial step in the hiring process. By clicking on the links provided above, you will be routed to forms where you will be required to provide information.
The information includes your work experience, personal information, contact information, and a CV. In addition, you will be prompted to create a password for your application.
Step 2: Resume Evaluation
After filling out the online application, you will be asked to wait for the resume evaluation to be completed. As you may be aware, the resume evaluation is the first part of the selection process at SAS. That is the procedure wherein you will be recognized for your previous experience and accomplishments.
It is necessary to remain patient throughout the process, which could take several months. It is highly recommended that you conduct more study on the job you are applying for to avoid boredom. In this way, you can present yourself as someone well-versed in and experienced with the material.
Step 3: Orientations Regarding the Job Agreement
Following successful completion of the initial screening, the following stage is orientation. During this step, you will be notified of the salary, setup, and working hours that you will be assigned once hired on board. Keep in mind that this is being conducted in an interview style, so you must be confident in your responses.
SAS will provide you with information on the advantages of working as a cabin crew. This is the point at which you will determine whether or not to proceed with the agreement. This interview may or may not act as your last interview, so make the most of your opportunity by performing well in this process.
Step 4: Training
Even when you have completed the recruitment process, you will not be permitted to fly immediately. This is due to the fact that SAS recognizes the significance of familiarity and expertise with their airline. As a result, they provide exclusive and complimentary training at the Copenhagen Airport.
During these 3 to 4 weeks of training, you will gain theoretical and practical knowledge by putting your skills to the test as a member of the SAS cabin crew. In addition to teaching emergency techniques, it also incorporates other related topics.
Furthermore, even once you have been granted permission to board, you must still complete annual refresher training sessions.
You can expect a competitive salary when you’re at SAS Scandinavian Airlines. While their official website has not mentioned the actual salary expectations, according to Glassdoor, the average wage that cabin crews can get in Sweden ranges from 29,000-34,000 Swedish krona. But please check with the airline itself for accurate details. Aside from that, they offer their flight attendants flight benefits and bonuses that they can enjoy monthly.
Here are more benefits offered by the company:
- Discounted airline tickets every 3 or 6 months.
- Company Uniforms
- Free dry cleaning services
- Others are specified during the briefing
Note: Info mentioned above may change without prior notice.
The documentary video showcases real-time experiences of both travelers and cabin crews on every flight. You can see that the flight attendant from SAS is highly professional but energetic as well. They are trained very well when it comes to attending to travelers.
As aspiring flight attendants, these videos will surely inspire you and assure you that you’re on the right track. Welcome yourself as one of the audiences in the documentary.
Check out these beautiful pictures of SAS Scandinavian Airlines flight attendants in uniform. If you wish to imagine yourself being part of this company, check out these photos to give you an idea about working for this airline:
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some common questions and answers about the hiring process in SAS Scandinavian Airlines:
1. What is the main priority of flight attendants in SAS?
The primary role of SAS Flight attendants is to ensure every passenger’s safety and flight satisfaction successfully. That is done by giving them the best services, attending to inquiries, assisting, and the like.
2. Do I have to be knowledgeable in foods when aspiring to be an air steward for SAS?
Yes. Since a portion of flight attendants’ job is to prepare and give food to passengers, it is a plus that you know things about food. For most, you need to be also knowledgeable in wines. Don’t worry as this should be handled during your flight attendant training.
3. Is cabin crew at SAS a great choice?
It is a dream of many for a reason. A lot of people want to travel the world but they have no time. They think traveling equals leisure. But when you’re a cabin crew, especially at SAS, you are traveling while working. That enough makes it a great choice.
4. Upon fulfilling the first step of application, can I expect to pass the interview as well?
SAS always chooses the most qualified applications first before proceeding to interviews. So, it means that when another application is more qualified than yours, your invitation may be postponed or canceled.
5. I have a fear of heights, can I still apply as an FA for SAS?
Yes, there is no requirement that you should have no fear when applying as an FA. But, when you get accepted and work for SAS, you should not let your fear of heights interfere with your work.
6. Will I get a better salary grade at SAS?
Yes, as time passes by, your salary will get better. There usually is an increase in salary as you stay longer with the company.
7. How long should I wait before I get promoted?
It depends. In most cases, FAs are subject to assessment but you still may need to apply for the promotion and pass the interview stage.
8. Does the application really take a long time?
In most cases, yes. The application might take a long time depending on the hiring process of the airline. Since there are a lot of applicants, the company spends more time assessing and evaluating candidates.
Applying for a job at SAS Scandinavian as a cabin crew is an exciting opportunity to go beyond and become part of a global team. At SAS, they offer their employees a multitude of benefits that help in their professional and personal growth.
Good luck with your application!
SAS SCANDINAVIAN AIRLINES
Address: Stockholm, Sweden
- Sweden: 0770 727 727
- From abroad: +46 8 797 4000
- Norway: 2189 6400
- From abroad: +47 2189 6400
- Denmark: 70 10 20 00
- From abroad: +45 70 10 20 00