If you want to become a flight attendant for Rex Airlines (Regional Express Airlines), there are a few requirements you’ll need to meet. First and foremost, you must be at least 18 years old. You’ll also need to have a high school diploma or equivalent and be able to pass a background check. In addition, you’ll need to be able to obtain a valid passport. Ideally, you should also have some customer service experience. Finally, it’s helpful if you’re able to speak more than one language, as this will make you more attractive to potential employers. If you meet all of these requirements, then you’re well on your way to becoming a successful flight attendant for Rex Airlines.
Also Read: Cabin Crew Interview: How to Sell Yourself
Rex Airlines is a regional airline based in New South Wales, Australia. It flies to 22 destinations across Australia and they employ over 400 cabin crew members, who are based in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and Adelaide.
Aside from that, the airline’s flight attendants are some of the most experienced and friendly in the industry. They provide excellent customer service and are always willing to go above and beyond to make sure passengers have comfortable flights. In this article, we’ll take a look at what it’s like to be a Rex cabin crew and how to become one.
- List of Requirements and Qualifications to Become a Rex Airlines Cabin Crew
- Application Process
- Salary & Benefits
- Video: REX Airlines Boeing 737 ECONOMY Class Review
- Photos: Rex Airlines Cabin Crew Uniforms
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What are the minimum age requirements for Rex Airline’s flight attendants?
- 2. Are there any specific language requirements for Rex Airline’s flight attendants?
- 3. What is the height requirement for Rex Airline’s flight attendants?
- 4. What kind of personality do you need to be a successful Rex flight attendant?
- 5. Are there any other requirements or qualifications that Rex Airlines looks for in its flight attendants?
- 6. What are Rex’s physical requirements for their flight attendants?
- 7. What experience is required to become a Rex flight attendant?
List of Requirements and Qualifications to Become a Rex Airlines Cabin Crew
Rex Airline’s flight attendants are responsible for the safety and comfort of passengers during flights. As the world becomes more and more industrialized, the airline industry has boomed in recent years. To meet the needs of this rapidly growing industry, Rex Airlines is looking for individuals who are efficient and can provide excellent service to passengers.
Below is the list of the requirements and qualifications that aspiring individuals must meet before joining the company.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- They must have a current Provide First Aid Certificate (HLTAID003), as well as a current Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate.
- They must have the ability to hold an ASIC which involves a police security check.
- The maximum height limit of 173 cm.
- You must be able to reach 180 cm on flat feet.
- Applicants must be proficient in writing and speaking using the English language.
- The minimum education requirement is a highschool certificate or equivalent.
- They must also have Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency.
- Customer service experience is required.
- In addition, a high standard of physical fitness. This includes the ability to swim fully clothed unassisted or unaided by a floating device for 50m.
- Applicants must also be able to work in flexible schedules and periods including weekends and public holidays.
- Applicants must also have excellent grooming standards and personal presentation.
- They must also have the willingness and passion to please and care for people.
- More importantly, applicants must be fully-vaccinated with an approved Covid-19 vaccine and can provide evidence of vaccination.
To start your journey to becoming Rex Airline’s flight attendant, below is a step-by-step guide to start with your application process.
Step 1: Go to the Careers page on the company’s website. You may also click here to get redirected immediately.
Step 2: Click the “Apply for this Job” button.
Step 3: Complete and submit the requirements and information needed.
Step 4: Wait for a response from the team for the interview and get shortlisted.
Salary & Benefits
Rex Airlines offers a competitive salary and benefits package for their flight attendants. Aside from that, they enjoy job security and career advancement opportunities. More of the perks and benefits they receive include free or discounted travel, medical and dental coverage, and paid time off.
The airline ensures to provide a healthy and safe working environment for their employees. They believe that they are an asset to the company and they give back to them through numerous packages exclusively for their employees.
Hence, if you’re considering a career as a flight attendant, Rex Airlines is a great option to consider because of its high salaries and great benefits, especially the work-life balance they enjoy.
Video: REX Airlines Boeing 737 ECONOMY Class Review
This video was uploaded by Paul Stewart, a YouTube vlogger. Here, he reviewed the economy class of the airline during its inaugural flight from Sydney to Melbourne. In this video, before boarding the airplane, you will see the flight attendants at work giving the best customer service they can by assisting every passenger.
When he got in the aircraft, he showed the features of the economy class and gives commentaries about it with regards to its quality and other features. In his video, you will also hear a cabin crew welcoming all the passengers before they take off and giving a brief background about the airline and its services.
Hence, this video is also insightful to those aspiring individuals who wish to join the cabin crew team because they can witness here some of the few things a flight attendant must do while on duty.
To know more about the airline, just visit their website here.
Photos: Rex Airlines Cabin Crew Uniforms
Check out these pictures of Rex Airlines crew so you can see what they look like in uniforms:
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some common questions about the requirements for Rex airways:
1. What are the minimum age requirements for Rex Airline’s flight attendants?
Applicants must be at least 18 years old to qualify and apply for the position.
2. Are there any specific language requirements for Rex Airline’s flight attendants?
You must at least be proficient and fluent in speaking and writing using the English language. Proficiency in other languages is advantageous.
3. What is the height requirement for Rex Airline’s flight attendants?
The maximum height requirement for a flight attendant position is 173cm.
4. What kind of personality do you need to be a successful Rex flight attendant?
You must have a warm personality and have the heart to care for and provide excellent service towards other people.
5. Are there any other requirements or qualifications that Rex Airlines looks for in its flight attendants?
You must possess a current Provide First Aid Certificate (HLTAID003), as well as a current Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate.
6. What are Rex’s physical requirements for their flight attendants?
You must be physically healthy and fit and can swim unassisted and unaided for 50m.
7. What experience is required to become a Rex flight attendant?
Applicants must have customer service experience.
Flight attendants must be able to work independently and be able to think on their feet. They need to be able to multitask and maintain a professional demeanor at all times. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent. If you meet these qualifications and would like to apply for the position, you can do so online at Rex’s website.
In conclusion, Rex Airline’s flight attendant requirements are very specific and detailed. There are certain qualifications that you must have to even be considered for the position. However, if you meet all of the requirements and qualifications, then you will be a strong candidate for the job.
Aside from that, the airline is a great choice for those who are looking to become flight attendants. They have many benefits and perks that make the job easier and more enjoyable. If you think you have the qualities and you have what it takes to become a Rex Airlines flight attendant, submit your application now!