To qualify as a flight attendant with Spirit Airlines, applicants must be at least 21 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent. They must also be able to speak, read, and write English fluently. In addition, candidates must pass a drug test and a background check. Flight attendants must be able to complete a four-week training course that covers safety procedures, customer service, and company policies.
After successfully completing the training program, flight attendants are required to maintain their skills by attending monthly safety meetings and completing annual recurrent training. They must also have the ability to work irregular hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays. With its modern fleet of planes and commitment to excellent customer service, this is an excellent place to start a career as a flight attendant.
Spirit Airlines is an American ultra-low-cost carrier headquartered in Miramar, Florida in the Miami metropolitan area and the seventh largest commercial airline in the United States. It operates scheduled flights throughout the United States and in the Caribbean, Mexico, Latin America, and South America. The airline also offers routes to Canada and Europe.
Their flight attendants are a vital part of the airline’s operation and they play an important role in ensuring that passengers have a safe and enjoyable flight experience. The airline values safety as its top-tier priority and responsibility. They are also service-oriented and it is rooted in everything they do. They are also committed to investing in the professional and personal development of their Team members.
Read on to know more about the airline and the guide to becoming a part of their cabin crew.
List of Requirements and Qualifications to Become a Spirit Airlines Cabin Crew
If you’re interested in becoming a flight attendant for Spirit Airlines, you must assess yourself first if you can meet their set requirements and qualifications.
The following are the requirements and qualifications before applying as a cabin crew at Spirit Airlines:
- You must be at least 21 years old at the time of employment.
- You must have at least a High School Diploma or a GED but having a College degree is preferred.
- You must at least have 2-year experience in the Guest Service, Hospitality, and/or Sales/Merchandising industry.
- You are also required to attend a 4-week Initial Flight Attendant training.
- You must be at least 5’0” tall without shoes.
- You must be able to lift 50lbs from floor to above shoulder level, and the ability to reach aircraft overhead bins and storage areas.
- You must also have no visible tattoos and piercings as per the company’s policy.
- You must also be able to fasten a four-point jump seat harness without extension devices.
- Applicants must also bear a valid passport for at least 6 months and are free to travel in and out of the USA and to all cities/countries served by Spirit Airlines.
- You must also be eligible to work in the USA without sponsorship.
- You must also be able to work flexible hours and periods including holidays.
- You must also have a warm personality, be energetic, dependable, outgoing, and a team player, and demonstrate leadership and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- You must also have the ability to communicate effectively. This includes being proficient in speaking and writing fluently in the English language. Being bilingual in Spanish is an asset.
With air travel becoming increasingly popular, there are many opportunities for those seeking employment as flight attendants. Here we will outline the application process for Spirit Airlines, one of the largest commercial airlines in the United States.
Step 1: Go to the Careers page found on their website. You can use this link- https://careers.spirit.com/careers-home/jobs/4818?lang=en-us.
Step 2: Read the specific requirements and qualifications for a cabin crew position.
Step 3: If you think you are fit for the job, click the “Apply” button to get started with your online application.
Step 4: Submit your application and wait for their response.
Salary & Benefits
Spirit Airlines strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for its Team Members. They also offer competitive salaries and travel benefits packages exclusive to them. This includes medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off, travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, graduation bonus, and much more.
The company also looks out for its employees by providing them Employee Assistance Program, vacation time, sick time, and flexible work schedules.
Video: Spirit Airlines Video Interview and Flight Attendant Application Insights
This video is insightful especially to those aspiring flight attendants out there as it covers the whole application process to becoming a flight attendant at Spirit Airlines. This video focuses more on the things that you must prepare and expect when you apply at Spirit Airlines. This also gives tips and teaches you the things you must do to successfully nail your application and video interview and get hired.
Here, you will also understand and learn more about the company, its mission, vision, and values it adheres as well as its business model. Abbie Unger, a flight attendant at Spirit Airlines also shares what is exactly an ultra-low-cost carrier that the company is thriving for its success.
To know more about this, you must watch this video and gain first-hand knowledge directly from a cabin crew member of Spirit Airlines.
Photos: Spirit Airlines Cabin Crew Uniforms
Check out these pictures of Spirit Airlines crew so you can see what they look like in uniforms:
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are some of the common questions asked about Spirit Air:
1. How old do you have to be to work as a flight attendant for Spirit Airlines?
You must be at least 21 years old at the time of employment.
2. What kind of personality do you need to be a successful flight attendant for Spirit Airlines?
Spirit Airlines are looking for someone who has a warm personality and can provide excellent customer service to the passengers. You must also be energetic, dependable, outgoing, and a team player, and demonstrate leadership and exceptional interpersonal skills.
3. Do I need a college degree to be a flight attendant for Spirit Airlines?
It is not necessary to have a college degree, the minimum education requirement is a high school but applicants bearing a college degree are preferred.
4. How long is training for Spirit Airlines flight attendants?
The initial training for new entrant flight attendants is approximately 4 weeks.
5. Do I need to have prior experience working as a flight attendant to work for Spirit Airlines?
A minimum of 2 years of previous experience in the Guest Service, Hospitality, and Sales/Merchandising industries is required.
6. Are piercings and tattoos allowed?
The company has a “no visible tattoos” and “no piercings” policy for its cabin crew.
Interested in becoming a flight attendant for Spirit Airlines? You need to make sure you meet all of these requirements. You’ll also need to complete an online application and submit a resume. Once your application has been reviewed, you may be asked to come in for an interview. If everything goes well, you’ll be one step closer to joining the team.
Overall, the Spirit Airlines Flight Attendant requirements and qualifications are not too different from other airlines. They are looking for customer service-oriented individuals who can provide a safe and enjoyable experience for passengers. The requirements and qualifications are not as stringent as some of the other airlines, and the pay is competitive. If you have a positive attitude and are willing to work hard, then you will be successful in this role.
If you have the essential skills and qualities of a cabin crew, you should apply for a position as a flight attendant with Spirit Airlines.
To know more about the company, you can visit their website at https://careers.spirit.com/the-spirit-way.