If you are thinking of becoming a flight attendant for Cape Air, there are a few things you should know. First and foremost, you must be at least 21 years old and have a valid passport. You will also need to have a high school diploma or equivalent, as well as a valid driver’s license. In addition, you must be able to pass a background check and a drug test. If you meet all of these requirements, you will be able to apply for a position with Cape Air. Once you have been hired, you will undergo training that will teach you everything you need to know about being a flight attendant. If you are willing to work hard and meet the challenges that come with the job, you can enjoy a long and successful career with Cape Air.
Also Read: How to Answer: Why Should We Hire You?
Are you itching to launch your career as a flight attendant? Applying for jobs in an airline can be a bit daunting. There are a ton of requirements that you need to meet just to get your foot in the door. That is why airlines get thousands of applications every year but still experience staff shortages because they only want to hire the best candidates.
If you are just starting out, your chances of getting a job at a big airline may be difficult. It is advisable to apply for jobs at regional airlines to gain experience and flight hours. Cape Air is one of the top regional carriers in the United States that offers great opportunities in the airline industry. Cape Air is based in Hyannis, Massachusetts and operates in several destinations in the Northeast, Midwest, Montana, Cape Cod and the Caribbean.
- List of Requirements and Qualifications to become a Cape Air Flight Attendant
- Application Process
- Salary and Benefits
- Video: TRIP REPORT | Cape Air – Cessna 402 – Billings (BIL) to Sidney (SDY)
- Photos: Cape Air Airlines Cabin Crew Uniforms
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Is there an exception to the height requirements?
- 2. How long do I have to wait after I have submitted my application?
- 3. Do they accept applicants from other countries?
- 4. What is their policy on tattoos and piercings?
- 5. Can I choose which destination I am assigned to?
- 6. Is there a chance to increase my annual salary?
List of Requirements and Qualifications to become a Cape Air Flight Attendant
Cape Air is a known partner to big airlines such as United, American Airlines, Delta and Jetblue. While the airline itself has strict requirements and standards, they also need to adhere to the rules of their partner airlines, in which they have a codeshare agreement with.
Here are the minimum requirements to become a Cape Air Flight Attendant:
- You must be at least 18 years old at the time of application.
- Must be a U.S. passport holder or
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- With an arm reach of 212 cm while standing on tiptoes.
- Must have a minimum height of 5’0” and a maximum of 5’10”.
- Must be able to carry up to 70 lbs.
- At least a High School Graduate or GED equivalent.
- Must read, write and speak English fluently.
- Must be internet savvy
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in the customer service industry.
- Be able to submit a Transport U.S. security clearance.
- You should be able to pass all medical tests required, including physical and mental health assessments.
- Great skin (can have blemishes coverable by make-up).
- Be able to work independently especially in small regional flights.
- You must be flexible with schedules.
- You must be amenable to working on shifting schedules.
- Being able to speak other languages is preferred but not required.
Opportunities at Cape Air are limited especially for flight attendants. This is why you need to check their website periodically to see the latest job openings. Here is a step-by-step guide on submitting your application:
Step 1: Check the Current Job Openings
You can log on to https://www.capeair.com/careers to check the latest job openings at Cape Air. You will be redirected to their recruitment website.
Step 2: Create an Account
You will be required to submit your name, email address and mobile number to register your account.
Step 3: Search for Flight Attendant openings
Once you find the job posting for flight attendants, click Apply.
Step 4: Fill out the required information.
Make sure that you enter the correct information on the online form. Once done, you will also be asked to submit the following documents:
- Medical Records
- Dental Records
- Updated Resume
- Headshot photo
- Full-body photo
Note: It is imperative that you wear professional business attire in all your photos. Men are required to wear a suit and tie.
You must smile while showing your teeth. Avoid wearing jewelry or any accessories.
For full-body shots, you must be standing straight with your hands on your side.
All photos must have white background.
Step 5: Wait for updates on your application.
You will be notified via email if you are shortlisted. When you receive a confirmation that you passed the screening, you will receive an invite for an interview.
Salary and Benefits
The average salary of a Cape Air flight attendant is $31,000 annually. Reports are saying that you can earn as much as north of $40,000 annually, depending on the flight hours you have accumulated. There are also bonuses and incentives for employees.
Other benefits include:
- Health and Dental coverage
- 401K Retirement plan
- Paid Time Off
- Travel Perks
- Employee Assistance Program
- Holiday Pay
- Membership discounts for fitness memberships
Video: TRIP REPORT | Cape Air – Cessna 402 – Billings (BIL) to Sidney (SDY)
To see what it is like to fly on a Cape Air flight, click the video above. This is an actual flight taken from Billings to Sidney in Montana. You will notice that the planes are considerably smaller since this is a regional flight. However, flight attendants are still needed to assist customers! In fact, your job is important in ensuring the passengers’ safety when they fly on Cape Air.
Photos: Cape Air Airlines Cabin Crew Uniforms
Check out these pictures of Cape Air Airlines crew so you can see what they look like in uniforms:
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the common questions that applicants ask about applying as a flight attendant for Cape Air:
1. Is there an exception to the height requirements?
Because of the size of the aircraft, there will be no exceptions to this requirement.
2. How long do I have to wait after I have submitted my application?
Typically, someone from Cape Air’s recruitment team will contact you after a
3. Do they accept applicants from other countries?
Cape Air is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion in their hiring practices. That being said, all applicants must be legally allowed to work in the U.S.
4. What is their policy on tattoos and piercings?
Visible tattoos are strictly prohibited. Tattoos that are hidden or covered by the uniform are permissible.
5. Can I choose which destination I am assigned to?
The airline schedules its personnel based on the demand of flights. You must be flexible with scheduling arrangements.
6. Is there a chance to increase my annual salary?
Yes. As you accumulate flight hours with the airline, your compensation will also increase over time.
Cape Air is hiring Flight Attendants. If you have the qualities essential to be part of the team, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing company and see the world. As a Flight Attendant, you will be responsible for the safety and comfort of our passengers. You will need to be able to work independently and as part of a team, and you must be able to think quickly in a variety of situations.
If you are looking to jumpstart your career in aviation, Cape Air is a great choice for you. Do not count out regional airlines! Some of the best flight attendants started out in regional flights before moving on to bigger airlines. The best part is that Cape Air is a trusted partner of the biggest airlines in the U.S.