Horizon Air was established to fill a gap in the market back in 1981. The company was able to grow significantly in the early years and was able to acquire a few airlines along the way. Because of its potential, Horizon Air caught the attention of larger companies and was acquired by Alaska Air Group, Inc.
Nowadays, there are 4,000 employees in Horizon Air joining forces to serve more than 45 cities. Given that the demand for more cabin crews have increased recently, the company has announced that they are looking for cabin crews who are willing to start a career with them.
Qualifications for a Horizon Air Cabin Crew
The employees of Horizon Air works closely together by helping one another as much as they can. All crews and personnel are dedicated to deliver excellence to their passengers and dream a bigger future for Horizon Air. If you are someone who wants to grow along with the company, then you should definitely try applying at Horizon Air.
Opportunities are waiting for you at Horizon Air. Aside from the benefits, you can also earn a lot especially if you’re a hard-working cabin crew.
These are the following duties that you are expected to perform if hired:
- Continuously monitor all safety conditions and emergency equipment of our aircraft while on the ground and in flight
- Work one-on-one with our passengers during all phases of air travel
- Comply with all Federal Aviation Administration Regulations and Requirements while utilizing effective communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and at times stressful environment
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to consistently lift 25 pounds
- Ability to maneuver 42 pounds
- Must possess high school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum age of 21 years old
- Proficiency in Spanish and English, both written and spoken
- Must possess a valid passport
- Must have an authorization to work in the US and enter/exit Canada and Mexico
- Willingness to relocate to all of our base cities (Seattle, WA; Portland, OR; Medford, OR; Boise, ID; Spokane, WA.)
- Must have a minimum of 2 years customer service experience
- Must be friendly, knowledgeable, and polite
- Strong diplomacy and teamwork skills
- Ability to serve alcohol
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work flexible schedules to include weekends, holidays, and overnight trips
- Ability to provide regular and predictable attendance
- Ability to attend four weeks of paid training
Horizon Air is currently offering a full-time job for the successful cabin crew applicant and will be based in Portland. Good luck!