Asiana Airlines, hailing from South Korea, is one of the major players in the aviation industry of Asia. Established in 1988, this airline quickly became recognized for its commitment to safety and its exceptional in-flight service.
The airline’s growth has been notable, as it expanded its wings from local routes to international destinations. Today, many travelers rely on this airline for their journeys, appreciating its reputation for punctuality and passenger care. Whether you’re a frequent flyer or someone looking into it for the first time, this article aims to give you a clear picture of the airline and its operations.
- Airline Name: Asiana Airlines
- Airline IATA Code: ZG
- Headquarters: Narita, Chiba Prefecture, Japan
- Founded: July 2018
- Number of Destinations: 9
- Fleet Size: 7
- Fleet Types: Boeing 787-8
- Location Hubs/Bases: Narita International Airport (Tokyo)
Brief History Overview
In 1969, Hanjin Transportation took over Korean Air, which was the only major airline in South Korea until 1988. That’s when Asiana was created, not because the government wanted more competition, but because other big companies wanted to get into the airline business too. Started by the Kumho Asiana Group, it was first called Seoul Air International. The airline took off for the first time on 17 February 1988, and by December of that year, it was already flying to Busan. By 2007, many different groups owned parts of the airline, including Kumho Industrial and the Korea Development Bank.
In June 1997, an Asiana plane, a 767-300 model, was headed for Gimpo International Airport. There was also an Asiana Boeing 767-300, recognized by its unique design, often spotted at Beijing Capital International Airport.
Products and Services
- Flights – The airline offers flights to various destinations around the world. Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, they’ve got you covered.
- Rewards – Earn points every time you fly and redeem them for future travels or other perks. It’s a way for the airline to say thank you for choosing them.
- Asiana Club – This is a special loyalty program where members get exclusive benefits and offers. The more you fly, the more benefits you can enjoy.
- Online booking & check-in: No need to wait in long lines. Book your flight online and check in from the comfort of your home.
- Car rental: Need a car at your destination? The airline partners with car rental agencies to give you the best deals.
- Hotels: Find and book hotels through the airline’s platform. They have partnerships with numerous hotels to fit your budget and preferences.
- Travel packages: Not just flights, but full travel experiences. These packages might include flights, hotels, and tours, all bundled together for convenience and savings.
The work culture at the airline has both its positives and challenges. Employees appreciate the camaraderie among colleagues, often highlighting the nice people they get to work with daily. Many are also pleased with the benefits offered, especially the flight perks, a solid insurance plan, a commendable 401K, and the flexibility in their schedules. These benefits make for a more comfortable working experience, with the flight benefits, in particular, standing out as a major plus for most staff members.
On the flip side, a common concern among employees is the remuneration, with many pointing out the relatively low salary. Additionally, there are concerns regarding the chances for upward mobility, as it can be tough to secure promotions. Overall, the work culture is positive with some challenges that are inevitable.
Benefits for Employees
- Flight Discounts – Employees get special price reductions on flights, making traveling more affordable for them. This perk allows staff to explore more destinations at a fraction of the usual cost.
- Travel Perks – Besides flight discounts, there are additional travel-related advantages for staff. These might include discounted stays at partner hotels or deals on vacation activities.
- Bonuses – To recognize hard work and dedication, employees might receive extra financial rewards. These bonuses can come periodically or as a result of exceptional performance.
- Insurance – The company provides a comprehensive insurance plan to ensure employees are covered. This can range from health insurance to more specific types like travel or life insurance.
- Retirement Plan – Thinking ahead, the airline offers retirement benefits to support employees in their later years. It’s a way to help staff save up and enjoy their post-working years.
- Opportunity to Meet New Culture – Working here provides a chance to interact with diverse groups of people and cultures. This experience can be both personally and professionally enriching, offering new perspectives and learning opportunities.
Also Read: Asiana Airlines Recruitment Process
Video: Is it any good? Asiana Airlines Economy Class Review
This YouTube video provides an in-depth trip report on a journey with this specific airline. The video reviewer meticulously documents their flight experience, capturing everything from the boarding process to the in-flight amenities. Viewers get an up-close look at the seating, meals, and entertainment options offered. Notably, the reviewer emphasizes their aim to give an honest review, ensuring the audience receives an unbiased perspective on the airline. Overall, the video serves as a valuable resource for travelers curious about what to expect when flying with the company.
In this article, we’ve tried to offer a clear picture of the airline’s history, services, and what it’s like to work there. Like all companies, this company has its strengths and areas for growth. Our hope is that this information provides a comprehensive insight for those curious about the airline. Whether you’re considering a flight or a future career, our goal is to help you make informed decisions. Safe travels and happy exploring!
Company Name: Asiana Airlines
Address: Asiana Town, PO Box 98, No 47 Osae-Dong, Gangseo-gu
Telephone No.: +82 2 2669 4100