The following are some of the cash and non-cash benefits for working with airlines in the Middle East as Emirates, Qatar or Etihad. The benefits are airline specific, may be subject to changes anytime by the company, and not limited to the list below.
Salary & Benefits of a Cabin Crew Employee
- Tax-Free Basic Salary – Since you will be based in a tax-free country, UAE (Emirates & Etihad) or Qatar, you will not be getting deductions in your salary for tax. Salary is also reviewed every year to make sure it remains competitive.
- Flying Pay – Your monthly salary will include the sum of your flying hours which is computed on chocks on and chocks off. Just like the basic salary, this is reviewed on a yearly basis and may be subject to increase.
- Layover Allowance (depending on the airline) – Upon reaching the layover destination, you will be given allowance in the local currency which is more than enough to cover for your meals during your stay.
- Free Accommodation – You will be entitled for your own bedroom on a 2 to 3-bedroom flat. The accommodation is fully furnished.
- Free Transportation – A bus is scheduled to pick you up and drop you off to and from work 24/7.
- Free Uniform Laundry (depending on the airline) – Laundry stations are available to make sure your uniforms are neatly washed and ironed.
- Discounted Tickets – You are entitled for huge discounted tickets when flying on the airline’s network, including their partner airlines. That’s basically almost anywhere in the globe.
- Annual Leave (depending on the airline) – A 30-day annual leave is part of your entitlement.
- Medical and Dental Benefits
- End of Service Gratuity – If you are going to work for either Emirates or Etihad, based on the UAE law, you are entitled for end of service benefit which will be computed based on how many years you worked for the company.
So these are just some of the basic benefits when you work as a flight attendant for top airline companies. For sure, there are other great factors that you will understand when you start working for the airlines. Take advantage of these and work as a cabin crew!