SkyWest Airlines is one of the leading airline carriers in the US that offers global access to millions of travelers every month. As the company gained a strong foothold in the aviation industry, they have successfully partnered with the world’s biggest airline network carriers, which includes American Airlines, Alaska Airlines, Delta Air Lines, United Airlines and US Airways.
Currently, SkyWest has a fleet of 350 aircrafts and employs more than 10,500 professionals. They cater to 185 destinations within North America as they operate 1,700 flights each day. This airline company, which is based in St. George, Utah, is known to lead a workforce that offers exceptional leadership, continued solid operational and economic performance as well as outstanding customer service.
SkyWest Flight Attendant Recruitment Process
SkyWest holds their job events on a monthly basis. The airline’s recruitment process is done through group interviews. One doesn’t need to wait for an invitation when applying as a flight attendant.
However, those who are interested to try their luck and apply must complete the online application form before going to the group interview.
Take note that group interviews are open recruitment events and not all applicants will be interviewed individually. To make sure you are qualified, review the SkyWest flight attendant job requirements before attending a group interview.
Registration for group interviews will start at least one hour before the event is scheduled to start. The doors will close promptly at the start of the group interview and no one will be admitted after the interview has begun. The length of the group interview will depend on the number of applicants and can last up to six hours so please plan accordingly.
Come prepared with a copy of your resume.
SkyWest does not provide travel or lodging for those attending a group interview. All expenses are the responsibility of the applicant.
SkyWest Flight Attendant Requirements
What to bring during the group interview: Resume
Before you can be considered for the position of a cabin crew or flight attendant for Sky West, the following requirements must be met.
- Willing to be relocated to any of the following crew locations:
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Tucson, Arizona
- California cities of Los Angeles, Fresno, Palm Springs, San Francisco and San Luis Obispo/Santa Maria
- Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Denver, Colorado
- Chicago, Illinois
- Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota
- Portland, Oregon
- Houston, Texas
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Seattle, Washington
- At least 21 year old at the time of the flight attendant interview
- Between 5’0″ and 5’8″ without shoes (height will be measured during the interview). Due to the internal size of the aircrafts, there are no exceptions to the height requirement for flight attendants.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Has excellent verbal communication skills in English
- Can lift up to 45 lbs.
- Must be able to sit in an assigned jump seat with seatbelt and harness fastened, perform tasks that require frequent walking, bending below ankle level and reaching above shoulder level
- Can open emergency exits and close aircraft doors weighing up to 45 pounds, push and pull beverage cart weighing up to 60 pounds, and lift, store, transport and reach for items with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Have the ability to walk and fit comfortably down the aircraft aisle while facing forward, and able to fit quickly through the over-wing exit
- Customer service experience is preferred
- Has a current and valid passport (and applicable Visa, if necessary) with the ability to travel freely in and out of the U.S., Canada, Mexico and the Bahamas without restriction. (Passport, driver’s license or state ID, Social Security Card and Work Visa, if applicable, must all be issued in the same first and last name.)
- Possess strong verbal communication skills in English
- Can successfully complete a background investigation, including FBI fingerprints, criminal history and pre-employment drug test. (If you have been convicted of a criminal misdemeanor or felony within the last five years, you are not eligible for a crew member position due to Canadian Immigration Regulations. If the conviction, plus any time spent on probation, was between the last five to 10 years or if you have more than one conviction, you must complete the Canadian Criminal Rehabilitation process before being considered for the position. An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of FBI fingerprint and background results, completion of the Medical Certification Form, and training.)
- Tattoos must not be visible at any time while in uniform. Examples of visible tattoo locations include, but are not limited to, hands, arms, neck, face, legs and feet. Tattoos cannot be concealed by the use of makeup bandages and/or jewelry.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. SkyWest Airlines is also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.