If you are thinking of becoming a flight attendant for American Eagle, there are a few requirements you will need to meet. First, you must be at least 21 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent. You will also need to be able to pass a background check and drug test. In addition, you must be able to swim and have basic first aid training.
American Eagle Airlines is a regional airline based in the United States that is a subsidiary of the larger American Airlines.
American Eagle is a network of six regional carriers that operates under a codesharing and service agreement with American Airlines. They operate 3,400 daily flights to over 240 destinations in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean and Mexico as a pair.
They are proud to offer world-class service to their passengers and look forward to bringing you to your destination safely and on time.
- List of Requirements and Qualifications to become an American Eagle Airlines Cabin Crew
- Application Process
- Salary & Benefits
- Video: FIRST CLASS on the American Eagle CRJ900: Full Flight Review
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Is there a minimum height requirement for flight attendant in American Eagle Airlines?
- 2. How long is the initial training period?
- 3. Are visible tattoos and piercings allowed?
- 4. What types of personality do American Eagle flight attendants need to have?
- 5. Does American Eagle Airlines prefer applicants with customer service experience?
- 6. What is the hiring process like for American Eagle Airlines flight attendants?
The company operates multiple hubs and spoke models with its main hubs being located in Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Los Angeles, Miami, New York City, and San Francisco. The airline primarily flies to smaller markets throughout the United States but also has flights to select international destinations such as Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean.
The flight attendants of American Eagle Airlines are highly trained professionals who are there to ensure the safety and comfort of all passengers. They are adept at handling any situation that may arise and are always willing to lend a helping hand.
List of Requirements and Qualifications to become an American Eagle Airlines Cabin Crew
Flight attendants are responsible for providing safe and efficient service to passengers during flights. To become an American Eagle flight attendant, you must meet the minimum requirements set by the airline. Candidates must be:
- at least 21 years of age
- have a high school diploma or equivalent, although some college is preferred
- be able to pass a background check, drug test, and physical examination
- The minimum height requirement to be a flight attendant for American Eagle Airlines is 5’2”
- no maximum height requirements for flight attendants but they must be able to reach overhead bins, so taller flight attendants may have an advantage
- have a valid passport and the ability to swim unassisted
- must be able to lift and move 50 pounds unassisted
- must be comfortable working in cramped spaces
- must have excellent customer service skills
- ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- must also pass a physical assessment, which includes a strength test, to ensure they are physically able to do the job
- must also be able to work well under pressure and be able to handle various challenges that may arise during a flight
- must be able to work well under pressure and maintain a professional demeanor at all times
- required to have CPR and first aid certification
- must be able to stand for long periods
- In terms of communication skills, applicants must be able to read, speak, and write English fluently.
- There is no weight limit for American Eagle Airlines flight attendants, but they must have a BMI of less than 40.
Applicants for the position of American Eagle Airlines flight attendant must be able to complete a 4-week training program. Once hired, American Eagle Airlines flight attendants are required to attend annual recurrent training.
The application process to become a flight attendant for American Eagle Airlines is highly competitive. The application process for American Eagle flight attendants consists of an online application, interview, and assessment.
Step 1: Fill out and submit an online application.
After you have submitted your online application, you will be contacted by a recruiter to schedule an interview.
Step 2: Interview
If you are selected for the interview, you will be asked questions about your customer service experience and why you want to become a flight attendant.
Step 3: Assessment
After the interview, you will take a personality assessment that is designed to evaluate if you are a good fit for the job.
If you are offered the position of a flight attendant, you will be required to attend training.
Salary & Benefits
American Eagle Airlines offers a competitive salary and benefits package for their flight attendants. Flight attendants at American Eagle Airlines receive a base salary, as well as per diem for a meal and incidental expenses while working. Aside from their salary, flight attendants at American Eagle Airlines also receive benefits such as health insurance, dental and vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan.
American Eagle Airlines also offers their flight attendants paid vacation time, as well as sick leave and maternity/paternity leave. Flight attendants can make up to $70,000 per year, with salary increases based on years of experience.
Video: FIRST CLASS on the American Eagle CRJ900: Full Flight Review
In the video, the vlogger showed a full flight review as he flies in an American Eagle Airlines aircraft. Here, he showed some blueprints of the whole airport concourse for connecting flights. He also identified and disclosed some details about some American Eagle aircraft. His review is very detailed from the very beginning and insightful. He also discussed what it looks like inside the aircraft, especially in the first class.
In addition, the video also shows how the crew or staff work from the moment it’s about to take off including some pre-recorded announcements in preparation for takeoff. The vlogger also gives some information about the aircraft he sees. He also described the features inside the plane such as the seats, tables, internet connection, overhead bins, and the services provided by the flight attendants among others.
To know more about what it’s like inside the first-class seat of an American Eagle aircraft, you may visit the link provided above.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some common questions about the requirements for American Eagle airlines flight attendants.
1. Is there a minimum height requirement for flight attendant in American Eagle Airlines?
Yes, the minimum height requirement is at least 5’2”.
2. How long is the initial training period?
The initial training period lasts four weeks approximately.
3. Are visible tattoos and piercings allowed?
American Eagle Airlines does not have a strict policy on visible tattoos for flight attendants. If you have any visible tattoos or piercings, you will need to cover them up while in uniform.
4. What types of personality do American Eagle flight attendants need to have?
You must be attentive and possess or acquire skills in customer service, and communication.
5. Does American Eagle Airlines prefer applicants with customer service experience?
Not really, but if you have some customer service experience, that is an advantage.
6. What is the hiring process like for American Eagle Airlines flight attendants?
The hiring process is simple. If you have met all the requirements and qualifications for a flight attendant, you just have to submit an application online and wait for a response.
Cabin crew on American Eagle Airlines are responsible for providing excellent customer service to passengers while ensuring their safety and comfort. If you have the qualities to become a crew for this airlines, don’t hesitate to take your chances.
In conclusion, to become an American Eagle Airlines flight attendant, you must meet the minimum age requirement of 21 years old, have a high school diploma or equivalent, and be able to pass a background check and drug test. You must also be able to complete their paid training program. Once you have met all of these requirements, you will be well on your way to beginning an exciting new career as an American Eagle Airlines flight attendant.
If you think you have what it takes to become an American Eagle Flight Attendant, then go for it! Just remember to meet the requirements we listed and highlighted above. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.