According to Glassdoor, Republic Airways estimated basic salary for a new Flight Attendant is $20 per hour or $1,400 per month. This figure indicates the median, which is the midpoint of the salary ranges calculated by the website’s proprietary Total Pay Estimate algorithm and based on data from users. The basic salary was computed through the usual 70-hour guarantee per month for new FAs. Though there are still extra means that can increase the rate, such as bonuses, stock options, commissions, profit sharing, and tips are all possible forms of additional compensation.
Also Read: Prague Layover Guide: Best Things to Do in 24 Hours
Republic Airways, based in Indianapolis, Indiana, was founded in 1974 and is one of the largest regional airlines in the United States. Republic runs a fleet of 200 Embraer aircraft and provides scheduled passenger service to almost 1,000 destinations in U.S., Canada, the Caribbean, and Central America on nearly 1,000 daily flights. Republic provides fixed-fee flights flown by American Eagle, Delta, and United Express, major airline partner brands.
- Republic Airways Cabin Crew Cash Salary Breakdown
- Video: A Day as A Republic Flight Attendant
- Frequently Asked Questions:
Republic Airways Cabin Crew Cash Salary Breakdown
- Basic Salary – According to Glassdoor, a Flight Attendant at Republic Airways can expect to earn an estimated amount of $1,400 per month. FAs in Republic Airways can also earn an extra salary through bonuses, commissions, profit sharing, stock options, and tips are all possible forms of additional compensation.
- Flying Pay – As per Glassdoor, a Flight Attendant at Republic Airways can earn an estimated starting wage of $20 per hour.
- Layover Allowance – According to Indeed reviews for Republic Airways, a flight attendant’s layover allowance is usually $2.0 per hour. This per diem pay is intended to cover the expenses of all your meals and some other expenses during a stopover.
Also Read: Republic Airways Flight Attendant Requirements
- 401k – The 401(k) Plan allows you to save for retirement either pre-tax or after-tax, and it has the added benefit of helping you save on state and federal taxes. You are always fully invested in both your contributions and the Corporate Matching funds. Enrollment in the Plan may be sought through Schwab upon the receipt of the first paycheck or at any time thereafter. Contribution percentage changes can be requested at any time.
- Dental Insurance – All full-time associates are eligible for dental coverage 30 days after hire. The dental plan is a PPO as well. Republic Airlines simply pays the associate premium (though family coverage is available at a nominal charge).
- Vision Insurance – Republic Airways’ vision plan provides colleagues with company-paid vision treatment. The coverage covers one annual eye exam and up to $125 in eyeglass lenses, frames, or contact lenses.
- Free Flights – You and your dependents are eligible for free and discounted flights. The airline will also allow you to include a spouse or committed/registered partner, and eligible dependent children at a specific age requirement. FAs can also choose their own trip thanks to pass arrangements with other airlines and discounts with rental car companies, hotels, amusement parks, and other businesses.
- Life Insurance – Republic Airways provides full-time employees with company-paid group term life insurance. After 90 days of a full-time job, you are eligible. Associate coverage is equal to double the annual pay of the associate. Coverage for spouses is offered in the amount of $5,000. Coverage for dependent children ranges from $1,000 to $2,500 (depending on the child’s age).
- Accidental Death or Dismemberment Insurance – This Company-paid benefit is granted to the associate in the amount of 2x base pay to a maximum of $500,000. This payment is paid if a non-work-related accident causes death or dismemberment. AD&D benefits are paid in addition to the Basic Life Insurance provided by your employer.
So just to summarize the benefits, here they are:
- Medical Benefits & Dental Benefits
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Vision Benefits
- Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Long Term Disability
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Program
- Basic Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- 401 (k) Retirement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Privileges
- Commuter Benefits
Video: A Day as A Republic Flight Attendant
If you are up for good benefits to pursue your Flight Attendant career, you must also see the perks and challenges of working as a flight attendant. This is a job review from a flight attendant working at Republic Airways, and yes it’s better to hear it from someone who is working in the fleet.
Frequently Asked Questions:
The following are some of the common questions asked about Republic Airways:
1. How much is the salary of new Flight Attendants at Republic Airways get?
According to Glassdoor, Republic Airways’ estimated basic salary for a new Flight Attendant is $20 per hour or $1,400 per month.
2. What type of airline is Republic Airways?
Republic Airways Holdings, Inc. is an American airline operating company located in Indianapolis, Indiana, that owns Republic Airlines, an American regional airline operating in the United States, and LIFT Academy, the United States’ first flight training academy owned by an airline.
3. Does Republic Airways give retirement plans?
Yes, this is through 401(k). The 401(k) Plan allows you to save for retirement either pre-tax or after-tax, and it has the added benefit of helping you save on state and federal taxes.
4. Will I get extra pay for proficiency in other languages?
Language-qualified speakers may receive an additional salary, this is for most airlines that cater international flights. Language-certified flight attendants must be able to speak and read the qualified language at a business level, as well as interpret English announcements. If there is a special qualification and benefit for this, the airline will inform you even during the interview process.
5. How many hours is my flight guarantee per month?
Most airlines give new Flight Attendants a minimum guarantee of seventy (70) hours per month. The flight attendant schedule will depend on the demand for air travel which factors holiday seasons, school summer vacations and more.
According to Glassdoor, Republic Airways estimated basic salary for a new Flight Attendant is $20 per hour or $1,400 per month. Working as a flight attendant for Republic can take you to destinations all around the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, and Central America. As an FA, you can take advantage of flight privileges during your free time through the their partner airlines.