Vietnam Airlines started in 1995, it is also the flag carrier of Vietnam and the major carrier in South East Asia, operating 94 routes to 22 domestic and 29 international destinations. The said airline gets almost a total of 400 flights per day. Vietnam Airlines connects major cities to mesmerizing travel destinations in Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, and Myanmar. Its modern fleet and commitment to innovation and development helped Vietnam Airlines to establish itself as one of the region’s leading airlines.
Also Read: Flight Attendant Training: What to Expect
If you are still thinking if this airline is doing well up until this moment, well it is earning recognition from international and national communities through a series of prestigious awards until this time. Want to get a job on Vietnam Airlines? Are you dreaming of becoming their Cabin Crew? Here’s what you need to read!
- List of Requirements and Qualifications to Become a Vietnam Airlines Cabin Crew
- Application Process
- Salary and Benefits
- Video: Review: VIETNAM AIRLINES 787 BUSINESS CLASS – HOW GOOD ARE THEY?
- Photos: Vietnam Airlines Cabin Crew Uniforms
- Frequently Asked Questions
List of Requirements and Qualifications to Become a Vietnam Airlines Cabin Crew
- You must be a holder of a valid passport.
- Must have High School Diploma.
- Your height must be proportional to your weight.
- No eyeglasses.
- No visible tattoos.
- Willing to undergo a background check.
- Must follow Vietnam Airlines’ uniform standards.
- You must be willing to submit medical test results.
- You must be well-groomed and portray a decent look.
- Must be physically and mentally stable.
- Flight Attendants are required to undergo a drug test, and you should be willing to do it every time it is needed.
- You must be able to serve food and beverages.
- To handle stressful and emergency situations, you need to be patient.
- You must be able to swim.
- As passengers board an aircraft, greet them.
- Assist passengers in finding their seats.
- Assist passengers with luggage storage for flights.
- Explain the airline and government safety regulations for a flight.
- Before boarding, make sure all luggage is securely stowed.
- Make a pre-flight checklist.
- Make passenger announcements.
- Take food and beverage orders from passengers.
- Respond to passenger inquiries or resolve conflicts.
- Make sure the common aircraft interior is clean and looks professional including galleys, toilets, aisle, etc.
- Passengers should be served food and beverages.
- In the event of an emergency, reassure passengers.
- Assist passengers in safely disembarking from an aircraft.
- Examine the aircraft for any lost or suspicious luggage.
- Before the next flight, clean the aircraft.
- Prepare flight reports.
As a Cabin Crew, you also need to learn the following:
- You can learn about the different types of aircraft.
- You can learn how to identify and deal with hazardous materials on an aircraft.
- The airline will teach you first aid responses as well as injuries that are common to passengers during flight.
- You can learn the proper way to address issues such as passengers who violate safety regulations during the flight.
- Flight attendant schools can teach you how to handle food safely so that passengers’ food is safe to eat.
Step 1: Go to Vietnam Airlines’ official website https://www.vietnamairlines.com/ph/en/home
Step 2: Scroll down, and at the bottom part of the website, you will see the “Careers” option. From here, you’ll see if there is an open Cabin Crew position. Click on “Apply” and follow the online application process indicated. To access Vietnam Airlines’ Careers Page, click here: https://www.vietnamairlines.com/vn/en/vietnam-airlines/career-with-us/
Step 3: Fill in all the necessary information in the Vietnam Airlines Attendant Application form.
Step 4: After that, all you have to do is submit your application, and the recruitment team will make review it.
Step 5: Print your application form or wait for a representative from the airline to contact you. Otherwise, simply wait for the company to contact you using the information you provided to let you know about the next steps in the hiring process.
Step 6: Because airlines receive hundreds of thousands of applications for each job posting, online application processing may take some time. So be patient and get ready for the next stage which is may include an interview.
Salary and Benefits
In Vietnam, a Flight Attendant typically earns around 11,400,000 VND per month. Salaries range from 5,560,000 VND to 17,700,000 VND. This is the average monthly salary, which includes housing, transportation, and other perks.
Video: Review: VIETNAM AIRLINES 787 BUSINESS CLASS – HOW GOOD ARE THEY?
A comfortable space, good food, and hands-on cabin crews – this is what passengers expect from a Business Class flight. This video from Josh Cahill, a trip report vlogger will show you what’s inside the Vietnam Airlines Business Class trip. As a flight attendant, you may get assigned to a business class trip.
Photos: Vietnam Airlines Cabin Crew Uniforms
Check out these pictures of Vietnam Airlines crews so you can see what they look like in uniforms:
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are some of the common questions asked about Vietnam Airlines:
1. What documents are required at the time of application?
2. Is Vietnam Airlines a well-established airline?
Vietnam Airlines is the country’s largest airline and one of the most important carriers in Southeast Asia. Skytrax rates it as a 4-star airline based on its service quality. It covers 22 domestic and 29 international destinations in Asia, Europe, North America, and Australia via 94 routes.
3. Does Vietnam Airlines accept Male Flight Attendants?
Yes, the airline accepts both Male and Female Crews.
4. How to apply online?
You can go directly to their official website and check their Careers page and look for a position you want to apply for.
5. How much is the salary of an FA in Vietnam?
In Vietnam, a Flight Attendant typically earns around 11,400,000 VND per month. Salaries range from 5,560,000 VND to 17,700,000 VND.
Vietnam Airlines is the country’s largest airline and one of the most important carriers in Southeast Asia. It is considered by Skytrax as a 4-star airline based on ground and inflight services, amenities, aircraft features, etc. If you would like to be part of well-established and huge airline, Vietnam Airlines can be a great place to build your career.