American Airlines is one the largest airlines in the world. To work as a flight attendant for this company, you are required to have certain qualities that fit into what American Airlines is looking for in an exceptional candidate. In this article, we will look at the qualifications needed to work as an American Airlines flight attendant. It is important to know what are the requirements and how to meet them in order to get the job.
As an overview, the applicant needs to be at least 20 years old and a high school graduate. A bachelor’s degree is preferred, but not required for hire (just encouraged). Employees in some instances my require to speak another language other than English. Please check out the full requirements in the list below.
Every day, American Airlines flies to hundreds of locations across America and around the world. Working as a flight attendant with the company is very rewarding and challenging. Please check out the qualifications and requirements, as well as criteria on how they employ stewards and stewardesses in this airline.
Flight Attendant Requirements at American Airlines
To become a flight attendant for American Airlines, you must meet certain requirements and guidelines. American Airlines requires applicants to have at least two years customer service experience as well as hold the following:
- Must be at least 20 years old
- High school diploma, GED equivalent
- Candidates with a college education or 2 years of customer service experience will be given high priority
- Must have the right to work in the U.S.A.
- Must have a valid US or Foreign Passport with applicable VISAs
- Has the legal right to travel unrestricted to and from all countries flown by American Airlines
- Must have valid travel documents all throughout the training and employment time
- Previous airline experience not required
- Able to fluently speak languages outlined in each job posting such as French, Italian, Finnish, German, Japanese, Cantonese, Korean, Mandarin, or Portuguese
- Able to read, write and speak English fluently
- Excellent in handling difficult situations, complaint resolution, and a problem solver
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Very friendly especially to customers
- Must present a professional image at all times
- Has no visible tattoos, facial, multiple or upper ear piercings
- No extreme hair color or style while wearing the Flight Attendant uniform
- Able to work in different climates and locations across the globe
- Able to work in various shifts
- Able to attend up to 6 1/2 weeks of training in Dallas or Forth Worth, Texas
- Able to move ASAP to your assigned base city once you pass the training
Flight Attendant Criteria
- Can set a high standard of consistent in-flight service, which includes serving meals and beverages, and selling products onboard
- Can handle different situations while engaging with the public
- Can work without supervision and a team player
- Guarantees the safety and comfort of customers
- Has leadership skills
- Can work in varying climates and locations across the globe
- Can work on variable shifts
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Able to do physical exertion such as pulling, pushing, reaching, bending, walking, and light lifting
- Able to work for long periods of standing and speaking
- Airport ramp operations are noisy and can be hazardous without due caution
- Able to go on extensive travels
- Able to spend consecutive nights away from your home
- Able to endure different climates
- Able to work on alternative work schedules, including evening shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Able to push or pull moveable carts weighing in excess of 250 pounds
- Able to lift objects up to 35 pounds like galley stowage bins and carry-on luggage
If you possess all these skill sets and requirements, apply now for available flight attendant hiring at American Airlines.
American Airlines has some of the best benefits for staff, with competitive salaries and excellent retirement packages. You should be eligible to apply if your resume contains specific requirements that are necessary in order to become an air hostess on this airline company!
Video: American Airlines Cabin Crew Uniform Photoshoot
Check out this video uploaded on the official YouTube channel of American Airlines featuring flight attendants having a photoshoot of their new uniform to give you an idea of what it’s like to wear the dress and suit:
American Airlines is a major airline in America. It is the largest one in the world. American Airlines flies to hundreds of places every day. This company is keen on hiring excellent flight attendants who pass the qualifications, skills, and requirements set by the company.
One of the main requirements to be considered for this position is the applicant’s desire and passion to provide outstanding customer service to its passengers. The successful candidate must also be willing to be based on any of the company’s headquarters located in Boston, Chicago, Dallas-Fort Worth, Los Angeles, Miami, Raleigh-Durham, San Francisco, St. Louis, New York City, or Washington D.C.
If you think you possess any of these qualifications and would love to join American Airlines’ fleet, check the flight attendant hiring schedule now.
Helpful Reads When You Apply as a Cabin Crew. Click the links below!